Awesome! Just one niggle...

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Beastly
Lowly Peon

Awesome! Just one niggle...

Postby Beastly » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:46 pm

Had a great time been waiting to see Venom for the best part of 30 years. Only problem I had was last thing on Sunday night. Don't use showsecs who can't tell the difference between Bloodstock and Download. Fucking noobs. Closing the VIP area at 2.30 on Sunday night is also taking the piss to be fair. Just because someone has some crappy certificate don't make them good security. The Acid Reign show by contrast was superbly handled by folks who knew exactly how to handle it and even earned a round of applause.

Beastly
Lowly Peon

Re: Awesome! Just one niggle...

Postby Beastly » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:12 pm

Since I can't get this out of my head I get the impression that after we've paid our hard earned cash you want us all to fuck off as soon as possible. There are no bog rolls on a Monday morning on site and half the porta loos are padlocked anyway. Now i realise people have to leave site at some point and traders especially have a lot of gear to shift. Most of us have day jobs, school, kids whatever. Traders bring in punters as well as the bands so show a little more respect. Play some All About Eve if you want to get the hardcore crowd off home quicker.

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:05 am

Wasn't up til then so don't know about them kicking people out but in the morning the toilets were all still open and clean and had bog-roll in them.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

onona
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby onona » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:48 am

Beastly wrote:Since I can't get this out of my head I get the impression that after we've paid our hard earned cash you want us all to fuck off as soon as possible.

To be fair though, what's wrong with that? I mean, they need to bring in crews to break down the site and clean up, and the sooner they get started on that, the better. When I was much younger, I used to work in a video store, and your attitude kinda reminds me of that one customer who'd always show up five minutes before the clearly stated closing time, and then browse slowly, selfishly oblivious to the fact that the kids behind the counter needed to close shop and cash up so they could go home.

Bloodstock is from Thursday to Sunday evening. Come Monday morning, it's not unreasonable for them to want people to leave the site as quickly as possible.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:28 pm

i0th wrote:Wasn't up til then so don't know about them kicking people out but in the morning the toilets were all still open and clean and had bog-roll in them.

Same! The ones they leave padlocked are usually a horror show or have been rendered unusable by twats who can't handle their booze.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:37 pm

VizardAmata wrote:
Same! The ones they leave padlocked are usually a horror show or have been rendered unusable by twats who can't handle their booze.

Completely agree with you there. Left quite early on Monday for once and the odd bog that was padlocked had such a bad stench coming from them that I don't blame someone just putting off the job for a few hours as there were (at the time I left anyway) plenty of other bogs open and everyone was leaving anyway (if it had been any other day then Beastly would have a point).