Security in VIP

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
onona
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Security in VIP

Postby onona » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:25 pm

In light of recent security concerns and whatnot, I thought it worth mentioning that not once in the entire weekend was my wristband checked when going into the VIP area from the entrance (not the entrance from the arena, but the entrance leading from the car park/campsites). I wear long sleeves too, so my wristband wasn't even visible to be seen from a distance. Furthermore, I was carrying two large bags every day, and these were never searched. In fact, it was as if I was invisible.

Security at the entrance to the press area was a little lax too, although I'm willing to cut the guys there some slack in case they were simply remembering people by face. Having said that, considering I have about £10k worth of gear sitting in the press tent, I'd prefer it if security were a little more on the ball myself. They don't have to be in your face, but I do think everyone would feel more secure if they made a point of always checking wristbands.

Ordinarily this isn't something I'd gripe about, and while I'm glad the security at Bloodstock isn't all aggressive and in your face, I do think they could be a little more stringent than they were.

chrisharry
Lowly Peon

Re: Security in VIP

Postby chrisharry » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:38 pm

My wristband got checked every single time... when i had my hoodie on I was stopped and asked so strange you didnt.

What I will say is there was no security presence around the tents like there is at some festivals.. Wasnt a major concern for me personally as I didnt keep anything worth stealing in my tent :)

onona

Postby onona » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:57 pm

Oh, I saw them checking other people, so it's not like they weren't checking anyone at all, but I found it odd that I wasn't stopped and checked at any point myself, despite going in and out every single day. And I'm sure that I wasn't the only one who wasn't checked.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:49 pm

Yeah, whilst I agree they wouldn't want to impede the flow, in the darker hours they seemed a little lax. Or they should have a separate entrance/exit (both manned) so it's easier to control.

tmcgoay

Postby tmcgoay » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:36 pm

i don't recall once being checked on the way into the campsite from the bar end, by the roadside yes and coming into the VIP bar from the arena but it seemed lax around the campsite
BOA '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `18
Beermageddon '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `17, `18
SRS '12

http://www.pandemoniumclub.co.uk/
http://www.beermageddon.co.uk/

cockneyjack
Consort of the Beast

Postby cockneyjack » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:40 pm

Same in disabled camp. Not checked once and quite often there was no security on the entrance to the field from the camp. Half the time the disabled security people were on the other side of the path chatting to the VIP guard. Notably, neither set of guards did a damn thing to stop VIPers coming into Disabled and using our toilets because "theirs were busy" until it was pointed out several times.
As my wife says, "If it doesn't sound like a bear being fed into a wood chipper, quite frankly i'm not interested"