Wristband Removal

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
fearoftheduck
Lowly Peon

Wristband Removal

Postby fearoftheduck » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:16 pm

It's been about 37 hours since I left Bloodstock, which means the novelty of wearing the wristband wore off about 36 hours and 59 minutes ago. Has anyone found a way of getting the wee plastic thing off without giving it the snip? It's too tight to get it over my hand without risking taking a finger with it. Currently eying up some pliers but I have visions of snipping the artery instead, which would be pretty metal I suppose.

onona
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: Wristband Removal

Postby onona » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:30 pm

Take the two ends that are sticking out, and twist them as tightly as you can. And I do mean really, really tight. You can then usually slip the plastic lock down quite a lot along the twisted length of fabric; just keep doing that until it's loose enough to slip off your wrist.

nihility00
Powermetal Child

Postby nihility00 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:58 pm

Same method as me, pliars will help but don't twist until it starts to twirl as it needs to be as straight as possible.
Don't care.

Slev
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Slev » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:32 am

Yup, that's how I do it!

Sometimes you have to move it a small ammount several times to get there, but this does work.

Cerpin_Taxt
Definitely Not Nu

Postby Cerpin_Taxt » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:26 am

The black dongle has an outer sleeve these days to prevent you from using that method. Normally you'd just twist it off, but the outer sleeve twists instead and prevents the inner bit from slipping off.

That's easy enough to fix - just bite down on it so you crush them together and prevent the outer sleeve from moving. Then you can just twist the ends of the wristband together until it's tight, then rotate the dongle the other way until it slips off.

onona
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby onona » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:42 am

Of course, the easiest method of all is simply to ask the person who puts the band on you to put it on loosely; I always ask them to not tighten it, as I like to remove it at the end of the day when I have a shower. Like most people, wristbands annoy the living shit out of me, so I can't wait to get it off come evening.

So next time you're at a festival, just ask nicely that they don't tighten it. I've never had a person refuse to do so.

Slev
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Slev » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:47 pm

They could only just get the band on over my big podgy man-hands this year...

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:27 pm

Get a sharp object such as an axe and make make a large incision just above the wrist band, stop when the limb is completely removed from body; you should then find the wristband is no longer attached to your person!

In all seriousness, I just use two lollipop sticks, place one on either side of the wrist and use them to push the wristband off your wrist and then while pushing the sticks apart (without snapping the band) pull your wristband arm away. sounds hard but quite easy once you have the hang of it.

Seventhson
Lowly Peon

Postby Seventhson » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:10 pm

I tried to remove the wristband by twisting it but could not; in the end had to snip the fabric.

fearoftheduck
Lowly Peon

Postby fearoftheduck » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:19 pm

Got it off eventually with the twist method then over the hand, looks a bit stretched out now but that's better than 2 bits so thanks! The guy didn't put it on too tight, sadly I get fidgety between bands and ended up tightening the little plastic bit sometime on Friday. Clearly needed more beer to hold.

jack147
Lowly Peon

Postby jack147 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:37 pm

onona wrote:Take the two ends that are sticking out, and twist them as tightly as you can. And I do mean really, really tight. You can then usually slip the plastic lock down quite a lot along the twisted length of fabric; just keep doing that until it's loose enough to slip off your wrist.

Its good but please apply some soap water or hand wash liquid that make it slippery before you pull it out.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:27 am

jack147 wrote:
onona wrote:Take the two ends that are sticking out, and twist them as tightly as you can. And I do mean really, really tight. You can then usually slip the plastic lock down quite a lot along the twisted length of fabric; just keep doing that until it's loose enough to slip off your wrist.

Its good but please apply some soap water or hand wash liquid that make it slippery before you pull it out.