And the Win-You-Over Band for you this year was?

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Green Man III
Warrior of Metal

And the Win-You-Over Band for you this year was?

Postby Green Man III » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:07 am

Technically already a fan since I own 4 albums by them....but the band that stood out the most (besides the two bands I'm a big fan boy of, Venom and Twisted Sister).....

FEAR FACTORY! Totally kick ass! The whole set was a totally spiritual experience for me. Time to buy more of their albums.

Next up, the band that was totally new to me......

SANGUINE!

Amazing set. Sad that it's near impossible to get a CD of theirs in Canada. But I'll be trying.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: And the Win-You-Over Band for you this year was?

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:51 am

Ghost Bath.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:50 am

Fear Factory were incredible, was so happy watching them! I'm biased though as they are one of my favourite bands, and Demanufacture is one of my favourite albums! The experience was similar for me, it was amazing.

I think Satyricon have won me over, best Black Metal band I've seen!

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:55 am

Two complete opposites for me this year:

Gloryhammer - I had heard nothing at all by them until they were announced and I'm sorry I had never discovered them before. Catchy tunes and good tongue in cheek fun, proof that metal doesn't always have to be dark or evil (great as that is) . I will happily go and see them if they tour and would be delighted to see them at BOA again in future.

Behemoth - my first time seeing them live and they were superb. As far from Gloryhammer as it gets but equally wonderful. Great musicianship and another band I will happily see on tour or at BOA in the future.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:20 am

Definitely Satyricon. I'd never really been a massive fan but they put on an excellent show.

Also, having only briefly checked them out, Aklash put on a great performance to a very crowded Jager stage. They deserved a lot better than that.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:56 pm

Probably Pythia. I've seen them many times over the years, and for various reasons, they've never quite done it for me. The arrival of Sophie on vocals has definitely improved things, but even after that I still felt they weren't quite there. Until Bloodstock. This was the first time I've seen them where it all came together and I thought they put on a great performance. Fingers crossed they can continue in the same form.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:20 pm

Acid Reign - I saw them briefly at Uprising. Their problem there was that I'd just seen an incredible set from Hell that they simply couldn't compete with so I left after a few songs. Bloodstock, with a much larger stage, bigger crowd, and no band capable of upstaging them immediately before paved the way for a most excellent time had by all involved.

Pythia - Female fronted metal is rarely my thing, but I had 15 minutes to kill before Andrew O'Neill. Oh how I rue that clash now! Despite the low numbers watching at the time they turned out to be fantastic as the sound was bang on. Had to then peg it over to the New Blood stage to catch the beginning of the comedy set, but I could have happily stayed put watching them.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Green Man III
Warrior of Metal

Postby Green Man III » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:13 pm

Just bought the latest Fear Factory CD and enjoying it. Looks like I've got a heap load more CDs to buy.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:21 am

Unearth for me, planned on skipping them to Far from History but in the end went with friends to see Unearth instead. Seen them once before at they were ok but at BOA they seemed to really hit the right spot for some reason and I found myself really enjoying their set. It was really just about the songs as they had no stage show and rarely interacted with the crowd but that really worked for them.

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:25 pm

Acid Reign & Whispered.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

Slev
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Slev » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:32 am

Ghost Bath