Nightwish

Tell us who you'd like to see play in 2016....
jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Nightwish

Postby jwh20 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:49 pm

They're better than they've ever been live now with Floor, definitely time for a headlining return.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5diJsEdLS_8

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Re: Nightwish

Postby fluffkitten » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:22 pm

No thank you, never been able to like Nightwish.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:22 pm

I'd be happy with that. Much better than most higher up bands.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:04 am

A very hit and miss live band for me. Bloodstock '08 and Wacken '13 they were one of the best bands there, Hellfest this year and the last time I saw them on tour though they were super dull.

Really dislike the new vocalist, but mostly their music is good enough that it doesn't really matter.

So as long as they promise to avoid playing stuff off the last 2 albums and not be boring, I'd love to see them headline a day.

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:29 pm

Now they've got a top quality frontwoman again, I would like to see them :)
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Rufus Obscurus
Powermetal Child

Postby Rufus Obscurus » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:33 pm

robin8585 wrote:
Really dislike the new vocalist, but mostly their music is good enough that it doesn't really matter.

Interesting. I saw them in Brum when Floor was just the "temporary" singer. There was a fairly robust chant from the crowd of "Best singer yet!" I tend to agree with that. I've been really disappointed with Re-Vamp: the music doesn't do it for me. But I do like Floor, both as a singer and as a front-woman, and I would love to see this version of Nightwish at Bloodstock.

CylonKing
Lowly Peon

Postby CylonKing » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:28 pm

Yes please! Not seen them live since the Tarja days.

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:46 pm

They've been a terrible pop group since Tarja left so no thank you

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:01 pm

Killing_time wrote:They've been a terrible pop group since Tarja left so no thank you

WTF? My universe is collapsing. I find myself on the verge of agreeing with Killing_time :o The thing is, Floor's a great vocalist, and a huge improvement over Anette. But Tuomas has been writing some really uninspiring songs lately, and he's certainly not making best use of Floor's vocal talents. I'll probably want to see them anyway, just because she'll do well with the back catalogue. But they're not the band they once were.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:29 pm

Rufus Obscurus wrote:
robin8585 wrote:

Interesting. I saw them in Brum when Floor was just the "temporary" singer. There was a fairly robust chant from the crowd of "Best singer yet!" I tend to agree with that. I've been really disappointed with Re-Vamp: the music doesn't do it for me. But I do like Floor, both as a singer and as a front-woman, and I would love to see this version of Nightwish at Bloodstock.

that
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

gjames
Lowly Peon

Postby gjames » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:12 pm

Yes, a million times yes!

I liked the band with Tarja and the other woman, but I LOVE them with Floor. One hell of a voice and their latest album is amazing.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:41 pm

robin8585 wrote:A very hit and miss live band for me. Bloodstock '08 and Wacken '13 they were one of the best bands there, Hellfest this year and the last time I saw them on tour though they were super dull.

Really? I thought they were on autopilot at BOA 08, but they utterly smashed it at Hellfest this year, it was a phenomenal performance, even some of my friends who don't even like them said they were on fire that night.

I massively prefer them with live Floor, Annete never really seemed to fit in and Tarja didn't want to be there, they're easily the best live they've ever been now. And as for the albums, I don't think they've gone downhill at all since Tarja left, in fact I think they've improved, Imaginareum and EFMB were both brilliant albums.

A big YES then.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:17 pm

bloodfiend wrote:Really? I thought they were on autopilot at BOA 08

Agreed. I've seen them I think 7 times and that was by far the worst performance I've seen from them.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...