watain

Tell us who you'd like to see play in 2016....
VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Re: watain

Postby VizardAmata » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:45 am

Andy. wrote:'tis indeed true Watain (Erik in particular) display a level of po-faced seriousness and all this cryptic 'evilness' could be seen as pompous beyond all belief

Seems true of a lot of black metal bands really. I'd love them back myself.

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:02 pm

Rufus Obscurus wrote:I object to them more than to their music, if that makes sense. Still, it is not for nothing that I refer to them as "Twatstain" and, if it be darkness they desire, then they will find plenty in their own lower intestines, where it seems to me their heads are firmly lodged.

To be fair, if I stopped listening to bands because I thought one or more of their members were knobheads I'd probably have about 3 bands left to listen to, if that.
Wouldn't mind seeing them headlining the Sophie tbh, though how the amount of fire and pyro they use would go over in a large tent I don't know.

Andy.
Warrior of Metal

Postby Andy. » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:20 am

On the 3 occasions I've sen Watain do headline shows, the closest they have had to pyro was a couple of candles on Erik's little altar. I know their production at some shows has been pretty large scale, we're not talking Rammstein levels yet so a tent slot is more than feasible. I still think they are too big for such though.
All hail the brave sailor men of the mighty Jorvik Turbojugend!!!

Rufus Obscurus
Powermetal Child

Postby Rufus Obscurus » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:56 pm

Beardy wrote:To be fair, if I stopped listening to bands because I thought one or more of their members were knobheads I'd probably have about 3 bands left to listen to, if that.
Wouldn't mind seeing them headlining the Sophie tbh, though how the amount of fire and pyro they use would go over in a large tent I don't know.

And I've got to agree with the sentiment behind that, really, because I'm a Megadeth fan. I just don't agree enough to want to see Watain again. I see why others do, but I really don't.

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:01 pm

Lol, there is no way they would accept a slot on the Sophie Stage. They couldn't even hack playing below Dio Disciples.