Abbath

Tell us who you'd like to see play in 2016....
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: Abbath

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:58 am

Warlock wrote:Perfect Sophie Stage headliner I reckon

:lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

xodus777
Consort of the Beast

Postby xodus777 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:19 pm

Abbath would be awesome ..
Immortal , Fields Of The Nephilim , Wardruna , Blood Oath for BOA19

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:18 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
Warlock wrote:Perfect Sophie Stage headliner I reckon

:lol:

Do you think he's too big or too small?

Definitely not too small, as he's easily bigger than Godflesh and Fleshgod Apocalypse who headlined this year, and about equal with Delain.

Sophie headliner would surely be the right slot for him now that all the special guest and 3rd place slots have gone.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:44 pm

Much too big.

Whilst not as high as Immortal would probably get, I can see them being more of a draw than Ihsahn playing his Jazz influenced warblings.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:24 pm

I didn't think they were that big, surely not bigger than Godlesh!? Its not Immortal, but yeah see the comparison to Ihsahn so your probably right

Deadite91
Definitely Not Nu

Postby Deadite91 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:59 pm

I don't really know where he'd fit in this current line up. He's not at the point where he can headline solo (obviously, so that was never an option) and surely the only spots on the the RJD stage which he would accept are special guest and third, which are taken. I think he's far too big for the Sophie stage. The crowds he's been playing to in recent shows have been pretty big, which just goes to show how much of a draw he is without even releasing an album.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:47 pm

Warlock wrote:I didn't think they were that big, surely not bigger than Godlesh!?

Godflesh played in London last year at The Garage, a 630 capacity venue. Abbath is playing at The Forum next month, a venue with a capacity of 2350. Now it remains to be seen how many tickets will be sold, and my gut feeling was that it was an ambitious booking. But even if they only sell half of the tickets, that would still make them a bigger band than Godflesh.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:05 am

Shows what I know about band sizing! Godflesh are a fairly iconic cult band, but I guess their not very popular these days. I expect Abbath is too big for that stage then, 4th or 5th down mainstage?