Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas in full

Tell us who you'd like to see play in 2016....
Deadite91
Definitely Not Nu

Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas in full

Postby Deadite91 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:12 pm

They've just been announced as headliner for Temples Festival in Bristol in June, can't see anywhere that it's a UK exclusive or anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpNEodcahIs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcS0CVJ1KPg

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Re: Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas in full

Postby bloodfiend » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:52 am

Must have seen them at least 10 times in the last 20 years, and they've only been any good once, you can pretty much guarantee they'll be shit live regardless of what songs they play. Do you really want to hear a great album destroyed live?

Deadite91
Definitely Not Nu

Postby Deadite91 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:34 pm

I've never seen them live, so I can't fairly agree or disagree with that statement. Based on what live footage i've seen, it's something i'd like to see.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:02 pm

I've seen them a couple of times at festivals. They were awful once and even worse the second time. The bloodstock performance was one of the worst I've ever seen. It was embarrassing. That said, I know people who've seen them in smaller places and thought them excellent, I'm tempted to go to Temples to see this as there are a couple of other great bands on the same day...but I'm not bothered about seeing it open air at Bloodstock.

Green Man III
Warrior of Metal

Postby Green Man III » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:04 am

Soze wrote: The bloodstock performance was one of the worst I've ever seen. It was embarrassing. .

I agree it was pants. I gave up and left before they played De Mysteriis.

But since this is the only Mayhem album I really care about, to hear the whole thing played live by them or a cover band...either way....this would be a set worth attending!