Download Festival 2019

Share tour news and event information in here.
Tankplanker
Consort of the Beast

Download Festival 2019

Postby Tankplanker » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:11 am

Download 2019 is on the 14th – 16th June 2019 for those that are interested.

Early bird tickets go on sale Wednesday 13th June @ 9am

I won't be going next year as my kids A Levels conflict (exams on the Friday and Monday), I mostly go for them. We'll probably be picking another festival that is on later in the summer instead in addition to Bloodstock.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Re: Download Festival 2019

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:29 am

Metallica to headline.

Tankplanker
Consort of the Beast

Postby Tankplanker » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:12 am

Somebody from here suggested Iron Maiden are likely to do Download next year due to previous tour patterns. If it was Maiden and Metallica (which I could see happening) that would be bloody typical for when I'm not going.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:17 am

Tankplanker wrote:Somebody from here suggested Iron Maiden are likely to do Download next year due to previous tour patterns.

Not going to happen.The press release for the Legacy of the Beast tour said:

The full list of dates is below and the tour is expected to continue in 2019.

and I think there's been some unofficial word going round saying that means North America - the touring patterns certainly suggest they'll go to North America rather than Download.

Does anyone remember what Bruce said in 2016? It was something along the lines of having played Donington loads and that it has to end sometime. I think they'll probably headline Download one more time before calling it quits but I don't think it will be next year.

Tankplanker
Consort of the Beast

Postby Tankplanker » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:41 am

No chance Maiden would come back for a couple of European festival dates during the summer of that tour? Would be easy money and get to spend some time closer to home.

Would please me if they didn't though.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:02 am

Tankplanker wrote:No chance Maiden would come back for a couple of European festival dates during the summer of that tour? Would be easy money and get to spend some time closer to home.

It's something they could probably do, but I can't see them doing European festivals four summers running. I am usually wrong about this sort of thing though. :rolleyes:

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:33 am

Copping has said the one band he'd love to get as a headliner is Van Halen. I reckon Ghost could be at the level of headliners by now and it would be good for the festival to put a newish band at the top. So...Ghost, Metallica, Van Halen?

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:48 am

Van Halen has been on his wishlist forever. However, they don't seem interested in playing UK / Europe any time soon. I'm guessing that, if they ever decide to tour, he will throw ALL THE MONEY at them to do it though.

What size venues are Ghost playing these days? I could see them being a 'special sub' or a second stage headliner tbh.

Metallica haven't played since 2012, so they would probs be a really good shout.

Next year will have been 4 years since the last time Slipknot headlined, so that's a potential one there I think.

Tankplanker
Consort of the Beast

Postby Tankplanker » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:55 am

Ghost is a good shout, I thought that he'd want a newer band if booking a couple of older bands and they'd be about right as I can see the new album doing really well even if I can't stand it. I was thinking Five Finger Death Punch (who I dislike even more than Ghost), a move up of two spaces from 2017.

Slipknot would really piss off my son as he'll be missing out. I'm thinking of going to Graspop as it will have a similar line up.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:12 pm

Tankplanker wrote:No chance Maiden would come back for a couple of European festival dates during the summer of that tour? Would be easy money and get to spend some time closer to home.

'Home' is relative - I think only Janick and Bruce are based in the UK nowadays.

Extended into 2019 doesn't preclude them from playing - a US tour wouldn't last months. They are a guaranteed ticket seller so could gamble on a Ghost or FFDP as a headliner - they're about the position where A7F were when they headlined first time around.

Copping also mentioned Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters as targets - also surprised Nickelback haven't headlined yet
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Tankplanker
Consort of the Beast

Postby Tankplanker » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:58 pm

Pearl Jam and/or Foo Fighters would be amazing and have me gutted if they didn't do more dates at the other big Euro festivals.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:28 pm

Some guesses...

2019: Slipknot, Nickelback, Metallica
2020: Ghost, Pearl Jam, Iron Maiden
2021: Avenged Sevenfold, Foo Fighters, KISS

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:51 pm

Ghost's biggest headline shows in the UK to date have been the Kentish Town Forum and BOA 2017. Their latest album did chart at number 10 to be fair but I think they have a long way to go before they headline a festival as big as Download.

Haldamir319 wrote:Some guesses...

2019: Slipknot, Nickelback, Metallica
2020: Ghost, Pearl Jam, Iron Maiden
2021: Avenged Sevenfold, Foo Fighters, KISS

I reckon Alter Bridge will headline 2019 or 2020. New album will be released next year plus they sell out arenas in the UK and have subheadlined Download before.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:44 am

someone else wrote:
Extended into 2019 doesn't preclude them from playing - a US tour wouldn't last months. They are a guaranteed ticket seller so could gamble on a Ghost or FFDP as a headliner - they're about the position where A7F were when they headlined first time around.

Copping also mentioned Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters as targets - also surprised Nickelback haven't headlined yet

Can you imagine next year with Nickelback, FFDP and Slipknot playing :lol:

Outside chance, if Linkin Park come back with a new singer which they say they probably will, headliner?

Tankplanker
Consort of the Beast

Postby Tankplanker » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:25 pm

First announcement:

Friday
DEF LEPPARD
*ONLY UK APPEARANCE OF 2019 - PERFORMING 'HYSTERIA' IN ITS ENTIRETY & MORE*
Saturday
SLIPKNOT
&
Sunday
TOOL

Plus, we can also reveal that the first acts to be joining them at the hallowed grounds of rock, Donington Park, are:

SLASH FT. MYLES KENNEDY AND THE CONSPIRATORS · WHITESNAKE · ROB ZOMBIE · TRIVIUM · DIE ANTWOORD · UNDEROATH · OPETH · SKINDRED · POWER TRIP · ME FIRST AND THE GIMME GIMMES · REEL BIG FISH · DELAIN · AMON AMARTH · THE AMITY AFFLICTION · CARCASS · STARSET · TESLA

That's a fairly decent set of bands for Download (with a few really good older bands), loads of usual suspects but again, its Download, and it could be a lot lot worse.