Download Festival 2019

Share tour news and event information in here.
Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Re: Download Festival 2019

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:25 pm

I suspect many people will be glad to be leaving Donington Park tonight and tomorrow.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:00 am

In all the madness the world is currently going through you can at least take solace in the fact this forum never changes.

Statement is made, Gandalf disagrees/lambasts. And thus the world keeps turning
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:38 am

Bisset wrote:Statement is made, Gandalf disagrees/lambasts. And thus the world keeps turning

And that's why we love him.
I see the bad moon arising.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:25 am

Bisset wrote:In all the madness the world is currently going through you can at least take solace in the fact this forum never changes.

As much as they above is a regular occurrence, it has to be said that this one was pretty special - comparing going to a metal festival to being shot at by Nazis.

He'll do well to beat that one.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:22 pm

bloodfiend wrote:
Bisset wrote:In all the madness the world is currently going through you can at least take solace in the fact this forum never changes.

As much as they above is a regular occurrence, it has to be said that this one was pretty special - comparing going to a metal festival to being shot at by Nazis.

To be fair Hellfest 2007 was a bit like the trenches so he's not far off.

Also "You're complaining about having to go to war? Fucking man up, your forebearers all died of the plague and you're complaining about being able to run?"
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:17 pm

Black Wizard wrote:I suspect many people will be glad to be leaving Donington Park tonight and tomorrow.

it wasn't too bad. i've known it much worse.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:56 pm

Bisset wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:

To be fair Hellfest 2007 was a bit like the trenches so he's not far off.

Also "You're complaining about having to go to war? Fucking man up, your forebearers all died of the plague and you're complaining about being able to run?"

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast

Postby kurrupo » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:21 pm

Probably the last time I do Download. The weather was poor but that wasn't the reason it was crap this year. I'm not sure if they've increased capacity but it was ridiculously busy this year. Seemed to take twice as long to get anywhere as you were constantly people dodging. Bar queues were a joke, took 40-45 mins to get a beer on the Friday as they decided to not bother opening 2 of the bars until about 4pm. Heard stories of people queuing 2 hours+ for merch too. Couldn't get in the tents for any bands either as they heaving. Wanted to watch Jinjer so got there a good half an hour before they started and just couldn't get in so gave up. The lineup was great and every band I saw put in a good performance, but the festival experience as a whole just isn't worth the money

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:16 pm

I am calling Metallica, Rammstein and Alter Bridge as the 2020 headliners.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:38 am

Black Wizard wrote:I am calling Metallica, Rammstein and Alter Bridge as the 2020 headliners.

If DL were smart they'd book them as Saturday headliners, can see a lot of people leaving early if they're the Sunday headliners.