Download Festival 2019

Share tour news and event information in here.
JD_B3E5
Definitely Not Nu

Re: Download Festival 2019

Postby JD_B3E5 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:03 pm

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:04 pm

jwh20 wrote:How pissed off would you be had you paid through the nose for a ticket for "Slayer's final tour" and then you see this?

Not at all. I saw them on the Australian download bill before I got the ticket, so a already guessed. I wanted my last Slayer gig to have Slayer headline and to feel (at least a bit) special, and it indeed was. Great show.

I'm very unlikely to go to download to see them play second fiddle, so I'm happy.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:05 pm

jwh20 wrote:How pissed off would you be had you paid through the nose for a ticket for "Slayer's final tour" and then you see this?

It's still the same tour in fairness, and they're not headlining.
Slayer, Anthrax, Lamb of God and Dream Theater all announced = ticket sold

Tankplanker
Consort of the Beast

Postby Tankplanker » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:19 pm

Download Festival wrote:SLAYER (FINAL EVER UK SHOW) - THE SMASHING PUMPKINS -DREAM THEATER - LAMB OF GOD - EAGLES OF DEATH METAL - ANTHRAX - STATE CHAMPS - BLACKBERRY SMOKE - I PREVAIL - BLACK FUTURES - ZEBRAHEAD - CARCASS
So three of four of the acts from the Slayer tour, I guess Obituary might show up later? Wonder if they were a package deal. Final ever UK date, I'll believe that when I see it.

What are Smashing Pumpkins like live these days? Not seen them since Siamese Dream was released.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:32 pm

I'm pissed off about Dream Theater, but hopefully they come back for a regular tour later in the year or do their usual bonus shows around Download.

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:02 pm

Black Wizard wrote:I'm pissed off about Dream Theater, but hopefully they come back for a regular tour later in the year or do their usual bonus shows around Download.

They will do - they're doing the North American leg in the Spring, so I'm sure we'll see them in Autumn.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:50 pm

Download Festival wrote:SLAYER (FINAL EVER UK SHOW) ANTHRAX BLACKBERRY SMOKE CARCASS ROYAL REPUBLIC

Didn't take long for DL to piss away most of the potential the line up had :lol:

5 bands I'd watch and only 1 in Anthrax that I really want to see from that lot and 1 I've already got a ticket to see at their own show.

On the bright side LoG are hopefully out of contention for BOA and still a chance for Within Temptation to be at BOA for Black Wizard

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:20 pm

5 bands on this bill for me, Slayer, Anthrax, Opeth, Amon Amarth and Carcass. Although the last time I saw Carcass they bored me to tears.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:53 am

Powerslave wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:I'm pissed off about Dream Theater, but hopefully they come back for a regular tour later in the year or do their usual bonus shows around Download.

They will do - they're doing the North American leg in the Spring, so I'm sure we'll see them in Autumn.

I'm sure you're right. They're playing 'Scenes From A Memory' in full across North America in Spring. I have to see them play 'Home' live!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:12 am

The only plus this has going for it if day splits work out alright is getting to see Opeth, DT and Tool on the same day

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:30 am

I think it's a pretty solid looking line-up so far. In terms of bands I like there's Dream Theater, Amon Amarth, Delain and Anthrax. Then in terms of bands I don't mind and would be interested in seeing, there's all three headliners, Slash/Myles, Alien Weaponry, Skindred and Opeth. Having Slayer's final ever UK show is solid for Download too, but does it mean that that Slayer are officially "Download crap" and all their fans should fuck off to Donington Park?

Slayer and Lamb of God at the same festival is a win-win for the knuckle draggers and meatheads. Just need to add Machine Head at it will be heaven for them.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:43 am

Black Wizard wrote:I think it's a pretty solid looking line-up so far. In

I meant in reference to your previous DT post, they may be getting a short set but it'll be counter balanced with possibly having Opeth and Tool on the same day :yes:

I'll agree it is a decent looking line up, the latest announcement didn't much for me but it had a solid start anyway.

4 outstanding bands
17 good bands
4 I'd watch if i'm there

Looks good on paper but when you factor it's DL it becomes a slight possibility

bloodofthekings
Leather Rebel

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:44 am

It's a decent looking line-up overall so far but wild horses couldn't drag me back there for a whole weekend these days so I'll wait to see the day splits and maybe grab a ticket for whichever day looks the most appealing to me.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:10 pm

Black Wizard wrote:Slayer and Lamb of God at the same festival is a win-win for the knuckle draggers and meatheads. Just need to add Machine Head at it will be heaven for them.

Slayer are my joint favourite band of all time. I can't abide Lamb of God and find Machine Head really boring beyond their debut. Most people I know think the same!

dvl666
Consort of the Beast

Postby dvl666 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:16 pm

Soze wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:Slayer and Lamb of God at the same festival is a win-win for the knuckle draggers and meatheads. Just need to add Machine Head at it will be heaven for them.

Slayer are my joint favourite band of all time. I can't abide Lamb of God and find Machine Head really boring beyond their debut. Most people I know think the same!

Same here but for some reason slagging Slayer off on a metal board is the way to go these days, it's utterly bizarre.