HellFest 2019

Share tour news and event information in here.
metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby metaldinosaur » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:44 pm

Wow, Manowar cancelling the day before is just awful. What the fuck happened there? I'd be gutted if I'd gone.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:30 pm

metaldinosaur wrote:Wow, Manowar cancelling the day before is just awful. What the fuck happened there? I'd be gutted if I'd gone.

In a status they said they couldn't do their full production on the stage (even though Kiss can!) so they "didn't want to disappoint" their fans. Obviously their fans won't be disappointed at all about them not even bothering to play.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:31 pm

And Sabaton filled in and played a blinder (despite Joachim haven't no voice), so it wasn't so bad in the end.

dvl666
Consort of the Beast

Postby dvl666 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:19 pm

What a bunch of dicks, they're not a band that has ever interested me thankfully, that's a crap excuse to cancel.

zombieman
Consort of the Beast

Postby zombieman » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:19 am

bloodfiend wrote:
metaldinosaur wrote:Wow, Manowar cancelling the day before is just awful. What the fuck happened there? I'd be gutted if I'd gone.

In a status they said they couldn't do their full production on the stage (even though Kiss can!) so they "didn't want to disappoint" their fans. Obviously their fans won't be disappointed at all about them not even bothering to play.

So they couldn't do their full production at Hellfest but could in the O2 Academy in Birmingham :lol: :lol:

samlewis45
Definitely Not Nu

Postby samlewis45 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:49 pm

zombieman wrote:So they couldn't do their full production at Hellfest but could in the O2 Academy in Birmingham :lol: :lol:

I was heading to this thread to post just this! LMAO

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:15 am

Official Manowar reason for no show, they wanted to rehearse on the stage on Thursday, but weren't allowed cos there was an extra day of the fest on that day.... the festival offered them Tuesday or Wednesday to rehearse but they turned it down. This despite the fact they're in the middle of a tour hence hardly unprepared, and the likes of Kiss, Def Leppard, ZZ Top, Sabaton, Slipknot etc all played headline slots this year without needing a rehearsal.

Despite this diva show from these utter wankers, Hellfest was still absolutely brilliant this year as ever, extra day of Knotfest was great, with Behemoth, Ministry, Powerwolf, Sabaton and Amaranthe all smashing it, and the actual fest was awesome, with Sabaton doing a great job filling in for Cuntowar at such short notice, and Slayer, Drak Tranquility, COF, Carach Angren, the Sisters. Moonspell, Combichrist, and Gloryhammer all playing blinding sets. Great weekend.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:19 pm

Manowar are sueing Hellfest now.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/joey-d ... m-anybody/

Statement from Joey Demaio in the Blabbermouth article. What a crazy man.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:37 am

Black Wizard wrote:Manowar are sueing Hellfest now.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/joey-d ... m-anybody/

Statement from Joey Demaio in the Blabbermouth article. What a crazy man.

I love the way he just rants and swears and neglects to say anything about exactly WHY they are suing Hellfest!

Sorry but you fucked up not the festival, pompously trying to sue the festival isn't going to make up for the fact you let thousands of your fans down, you mental arthritic old fossil.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:48 am

He sounds like such a child in that rant. Adding the word "fuck" every five words does not make your argument more correct. And I feel so bad for those people who were only there to actually listen to some actually good metal, not this old guy ranting about something most of them probably had no stake in.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:54 am

Its a bizarre reaction - if there was a contract clause about the rehearsal then they have a right to be aggrieved to some degree, but pulling out as a result is beyond unreasonable and no way proportional, which you'd hope would get it either slung out or an embarrassing 1 Euro in damages awarded
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:01 pm

Skippy wrote:He sounds like such a child in that rant. Adding the word "fuck" every five words does not make your argument more correct. And I feel so bad for those people who were only there to actually listen to some actually good metal, not this old guy ranting about something most of them probably had no stake in.

Like fuck it doesn't :P

Leaves them quite exposed if they this rehearsal thing isn't in their contract; they've publicly slandered the festival after cancelling at the last moment. You'd think HF would counter sue if Manowar carry on about it publically

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:42 am

Bit of a left field theory: I wonder if Joey has ocd or something. The meticulous way he treats things, to the point of ruining them, seems to me to be a reoccurring theme for Manowar over the last decade or so. They seem unable to make an album - not just creative decline - literally mentally incapable.

I'm not saying their not greedy twats too, but the Hellfest debacle does seem, as does much of their behaviour, totally irrational.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:22 am

metaldinosaur wrote:Bit of a left field theory: I wonder if Joey has ocd or something. The meticulous way he treats things, to the point of ruining them, seems to me to be a reoccurring theme for Manowar over the last decade or so. They seem unable to make an album - not just creative decline - literally mentally incapable.

I'm not saying their not greedy twats too, but the Hellfest debacle does seem, as does much of their behaviour, totally irrational.

Not OCD imo, just a massive ego.

Hellfest wouldn't let them rehearse on the Thursday, but they offered them the Tuesday or Wednesday to rehearse on the stage and Manowar declined this. This, despite the fact they're in the middle of a tour at the point, and it hardly seems imperative that they need to rehearse on that exact stage.

Joey just seems to like to throw his weight around and have everyone bow to his ridiculous demands, and if they don't do exactly as he says, he storms off and has a hissy fit.

No one is gonna won over by this retarded rant, cos between all the fucks, posturing and waffling on about signing contracts in blood, he clearly doesn't have a point, let alone a case.

gavdann
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby gavdann » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:23 pm

Joey does say at the end of the statement that Manowar will play a free concert with the proceeds of their victorious lawsuit.

It's only natural they shouldn't be out of pocket financially so limited edition shirts will be available for $1000 on the night.