HellFest 2019

Share tour news and event information in here.
Tankplanker
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:11 am

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby Tankplanker » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:48 am

bloodfiend wrote:
Tankplanker wrote:This or Graspop? Lot of overlap for this year's event, do we think it'll be the same next year? Graspop has that extra day...


Done Hellfest lots, but did Graspop for variety last year, and having gone back to Hellfest this year, I can safely say Hellfest wipes the floor with Graspop.

Hellfest was a complete stunner this year, totally there next year.
What did you prefer as Graspop seems to have the bigger line up?

bloodfiend
Denim Demon
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:46 am

Tankplanker wrote:What did you prefer as Graspop seems to have the bigger line up?


It only seemed that cos of the extra day this year with GNR.

The arena, set up and organisation at Hellfest is far better, the site is like a bit of a metal wonderland, with the kingdom in the woods, huge sculptures all over the place, the metal town, the Hellfresh (chill out zone with water vapour squirting from ceiling), the huge water sprinklers, statues etc. Plus the set up of stages (the Temple and Altar in particular) is awesome. And the fact there is a supermarket 2 mins away, whereas you don't get this at GP.

Graspop is smaller and very bland in comparison.....plus there's sand and dust all over the campsite, which gets massively annoying by the end.

red_death
Definitely Not Nu
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:18 pm

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby red_death » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:08 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:I'm just glad were are getting out of that failed Socialist experiment.


Ironic given that many socialists believe the EU is a neo-liberal capitalist conspiracy...

PS the EU doesn't make renationalisation illegal, it just demands that markets are open to competition and not closed state monopolies.

User avatar
Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 779
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:45 pm

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby Powerslave » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:35 am

Have we not got a Brexit thread for this shite?

Tankplanker
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:11 am

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby Tankplanker » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:34 am

bloodfiend wrote:
Tankplanker wrote:What did you prefer as Graspop seems to have the bigger line up?


It only seemed that cos of the extra day this year with GNR.

The arena, set up and organisation at Hellfest is far better, the site is like a bit of a metal wonderland, with the kingdom in the woods, huge sculptures all over the place, the metal town, the Hellfresh (chill out zone with water vapour squirting from ceiling), the huge water sprinklers, statues etc. Plus the set up of stages (the Temple and Altar in particular) is awesome. And the fact there is a supermarket 2 mins away, whereas you don't get this at GP.

Graspop is smaller and very bland in comparison.....plus there's sand and dust all over the campsite, which gets massively annoying by the end.
Well thats convinced me to go to Hellfest next year as I can't do the dates for Download. When do tickets go on sale for Hellfest as I know they sell out really quickly?

bloodfiend
Denim Demon
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:29 am

Tankplanker wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:
Tankplanker wrote:What did you prefer as Graspop seems to have the bigger line up?


It only seemed that cos of the extra day this year with GNR.

The arena, set up and organisation at Hellfest is far better, the site is like a bit of a metal wonderland, with the kingdom in the woods, huge sculptures all over the place, the metal town, the Hellfresh (chill out zone with water vapour squirting from ceiling), the huge water sprinklers, statues etc. Plus the set up of stages (the Temple and Altar in particular) is awesome. And the fact there is a supermarket 2 mins away, whereas you don't get this at GP.

Graspop is smaller and very bland in comparison.....plus there's sand and dust all over the campsite, which gets massively annoying by the end.
Well thats convinced me to go to Hellfest next year as I can't do the dates for Download. When do tickets go on sale for Hellfest as I know they sell out really quickly?


In September normally, it'll be announced on the FB when they go on sale, and yes they sell out in a few hours.

User avatar
some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1828
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:34 pm
Location: Essex, UK
Contact:

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby some_thing_wild » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:01 am

Full lineup announced on Monday
Any guesses at headliners?
Assume Tool will be there
Image

User avatar
Soze
Denim Demon
Posts: 7772
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:24 pm
Location: Plymouth
Contact:

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby Soze » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:04 pm

Image

User avatar
Soze
Denim Demon
Posts: 7772
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:24 pm
Location: Plymouth
Contact:

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby Soze » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:11 pm

A lot I'd watch there *deep breath*

Manowar, Dropkick Murphys, Demons & Wizards, Sonata Arctica, Gloryhammer, King Diamond, Hellhammer (!!!), Venom inc., Impaled Nazarene, Diamond Head, Carcass, Possessed, Pestilence, Uncle Acid, Graveyard, ZZ Top, Sisters of Mercy, Cradle of Filth, Carach Angren, Wolfheart, Bloodbath, Dark Tranquillity, Candlemass, Moonspell, Lynyrd Sknyrd, Slayer, Anthrax, Testament, Death Angel, Municipal Waste, Emperor, Carpathian Forest, Wigedood, Deicide, Cannibal Corpse...cracking line up!!

User avatar
metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1114
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:56 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby metaldinosaur » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:53 pm

red_death wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:I'm just glad were are getting out of that failed Socialist experiment.


Ironic given that many socialists believe the EU is a neo-liberal capitalist conspiracy...

PS the EU doesn't make renationalisation illegal, it just demands that markets are open to competition and not closed state monopolies.


I did say trying. And that could well be seen as a jolly good try!
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

User avatar
metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1114
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:56 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby metaldinosaur » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:54 pm

That is a great linup.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

User avatar
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2224
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Somewhere crap

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby Skippy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:47 pm

That's convinced me I need to start making an effort to go abroad. Does anyone have any advice on doing this, I can't really understand the website (and not just because of the French thing, just doesn't seem practical). Has it sold out? If it has, are there any other options other than Argon (which still seems to have tickets), and is Argon actually worth using?
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:58 pm
Location: Slough

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby jwh20 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:04 am

They finally made Triptykon Hellhammer again.

Other than a couple like Hellhammer, Sisters of Mercy, Tool, Manowar (but even they've played before) it's like the same bands repeated every 2/3 years, except the temple/altar stage looks nowhere near as good as it was in the past few years.

Hellfest is great if you've never been because of the sheer volume of good bands they pack in, but I'm in no hurry to go back for a third time.

^I went with EMP in 2016, and it was way worth it as it came with VIP tickets. Get into the arena in 45 seconds instead of 45 minutes.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:16 am

Skippy wrote:That's convinced me I need to start making an effort to go abroad. Does anyone have any advice on doing this, I can't really understand the website (and not just because of the French thing, just doesn't seem practical). Has it sold out? If it has, are there any other options other than Argon (which still seems to have tickets), and is Argon actually worth using?


It sold out in less than 2 hours in September when tickets went on sale, Argon would appear to be your only option now unless you find someone who has a spare. I did the endless Argon coach journey to Wacken in 2004, and I'll never do it again.

But do whatever you can to get there, it's an awesome fest.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:18 am

I wonder what set Emperor are doing? They still appear to milking Anthems to death into 2019, so probably than even though that's a full 2 years after the anniversary.

urgh lets hope they avoid playing the whole of IX Equilibrium, as it'll be 20 years since that next year!

Unless they play a set that's heavy on Nightside I'll avoid them anyway and see Slayer or Tool.