HellFest 2019

Share tour news and event information in here.
bloodfiend
Denim Demon
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:19 am

I wonder what set Emperor are doing? They still appear to milking Anthems to death into 2019, so probably than even though that's a full 2 years after the anniversary.

urgh lets hope they avoid playing the whole of IX Equilibrium, as it'll be 20 years since that next year! :hurl:

Unless they play a set that's heavy on Nightside I'll avoid them anyway and see Slayer or Tool
Last edited by bloodfiend on Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2224
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Somewhere crap

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby Skippy » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:08 pm

bloodfiend wrote:
Skippy wrote:That's convinced me I need to start making an effort to go abroad. Does anyone have any advice on doing this, I can't really understand the website (and not just because of the French thing, just doesn't seem practical). Has it sold out? If it has, are there any other options other than Argon (which still seems to have tickets), and is Argon actually worth using?


It sold out in less than 2 hours in September when tickets went on sale, Argon would appear to be your only option now unless you find someone who has a spare. I did the endless Argon coach journey to Wacken in 2004, and I'll never do it again.

But do whatever you can to get there, it's an awesome fest.

Ok cheers man. Yeah I think the coach journey would kill me but it might be worth it. And France isn't as far as Germany, right?
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:58 pm
Location: Slough

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby jwh20 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:22 pm

Skippy wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:
Skippy wrote:That's convinced me I need to start making an effort to go abroad. Does anyone have any advice on doing this, I can't really understand the website (and not just because of the French thing, just doesn't seem practical). Has it sold out? If it has, are there any other options other than Argon (which still seems to have tickets), and is Argon actually worth using?


It sold out in less than 2 hours in September when tickets went on sale, Argon would appear to be your only option now unless you find someone who has a spare. I did the endless Argon coach journey to Wacken in 2004, and I'll never do it again.

But do whatever you can to get there, it's an awesome fest.

Ok cheers man. Yeah I think the coach journey would kill me but it might be worth it. And France isn't as far as Germany, right?


If I remember rightly, with the EMP one, once you get off the ferry in France it's about 5/6 hours. Germany would be much further.

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4184
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby houston4044 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:57 am

:love:

Only criticism I have of that line up is that ironically I'd have too much to watch and a lot of clashes as a result

bloodfiend
Denim Demon
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:34 am

Looks like I'll mainly be at main stage 1 on the Friday, the Temple on Saturday and main stage 2 on Sunday.

Just noticed they've got the 100% Frenchies and 100% Thrash days on Friday and Sunday on main stage 2, that thrash day looks damn tasty.

Sisters Of Mercy are the non-metal curveball they've thrown in this year, they always seem to have a band like that, like when they had the awesome Carpenter Brut last year.

ribbons69
Denim Demon
Posts: 5139
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:04 pm
Location: The howling edge

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby ribbons69 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:11 am

bloodfiend wrote:

Sisters Of Mercy are the non-metal curveball they've thrown in this year, they always seem to have a band like that, like when they had the awesome Carpenter Brut last year.

I'm not here to argue the metal credentials of the Sisters, that said in the comparative "metaller than thou " index I would argue that they are heavier than say ZZ Top/Lynyrd Skynyrd/Sum 41 and a few other bands on the line up.
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,


we fall to rise

bloodfiend
Denim Demon
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:51 am

ribbons69 wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:

Sisters Of Mercy are the non-metal curveball they've thrown in this year, they always seem to have a band like that, like when they had the awesome Carpenter Brut last year.

I'm not here to argue the metal credentials of the Sisters, that said in the comparative "metaller than thou " index I would argue that they are heavier than say ZZ Top/Lynyrd Skynyrd/Sum 41 and a few other bands on the line up.


Probably, although those bands are playing the main stage and the punk stage, where they always have bands similar to that every year. The fact is they're headlining the black metal stage, where Emperor and King Diamond are headlining the other days, and they're obviously much lighter than the bands playing before them on that stage on that day. Although they're not completely out of place at the festival, it's still a bit of a curveball in the way that it was getting a synthwave band in Carpenter Brut to headline that stage this year.

That said it's the only place they should really be, as if they were on the main stages they'd have to play in the middle of the day in the sunshine.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:59 pm

Image

So Knotfest on the Thursday night apparently, for 66 euro extra

Sabaton, Behemoth, Powerwolf, Ministry, Amon Amarth and Amaranthe make this is definite purchase for me!

User avatar
Smerphy
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1060
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: Perthshire

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby Smerphy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:27 pm

Sleep and High on Fire announced for Sunday
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.



That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

bloodfiend
Denim Demon
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:41 am

Smerphy wrote:Sleep and High on Fire announced for Sunday


Where did you hear that? :?

Nothing about that on the website or FB...

User avatar
Smerphy
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1060
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: Perthshire

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby Smerphy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:45 pm

On the line-up page of the website: https://www.hellfest.fr/wp-content/them ... lineup.png image is too wide to embed but that's the image directly from the website right there.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.



That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

bloodfiend
Denim Demon
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:17 pm

Smerphy wrote:On the line-up page of the website: https://www.hellfest.fr/wp-content/them ... lineup.png image is too wide to embed but that's the image directly from the website right there.


Nope, they're not on there.

User avatar
Smerphy
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1060
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: Perthshire

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby Smerphy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:42 pm

Well I don't know what's up then, here's what I see when I load up the line-up page on desktop https://i.imgur.com/FtcvWQm.png
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.



That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

User avatar
Smerphy
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1060
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: Perthshire

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby Smerphy » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:24 pm

Individual day schedules are up, Hellhammer and Manowar clashing is pretty bad, most likely this is my only chance to see either. Happy that Emperor and TOOL aren't clashing though.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.



That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

User avatar
Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2055
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The North.

Re: HellFest 2019

Postby Bizza » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:01 pm

Smerphy wrote:Individual day schedules are up, Hellhammer and Manowar clashing is pretty bad, most likely this is my only chance to see either. Happy that Emperor and TOOL aren't clashing though.


They don't clash anymore :eyes:
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)