Ozzy & Judas Priest UK/IRE Tour 2019

Share tour news and event information in here.
Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Re: Ozzy & Judas Priest UK/IRE Tour 2019

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:39 pm

I can barely make out what the guy was saying anyway. Oh my eyes.

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:09 pm

minimustain wrote:
gavdann wrote:
minimustain wrote:Ian however going V.I.P baby cant frigging wait.
PRIEST for the 10th time n Ozzy g
For the 6th bring on feb.

Good for you Mr more money than sense.

Oh and by the way, it's Mustaine with an 'e'.

# don't be jelouse , beotch. I can go vip why . Cause iam on a good high paied job . I work hard for my money n guess what iam gonna spend it on two heavy metal legends. If u n others don't want to fair enough. But seriously your missing out on the must see metal event in ages.
Kinda makes me wounder how true and committed you are to metal.

N dude u ever heard of poetic licence. WITH AN E lol I pity the fool.
Oh n if u dont like my comments then don't use my spelling or grammar mistakes as a weapon u need to come up with better material thats flipping old.

Any way Ozzy N Priest together is worth the money at 90. Heck 200 for v.i.p is worth it to me. If u don't wanna go then don't go n would u please shut the hell up.

Well if no wants to go how come its pretty much sold out at almost all venues

Well if negative people like u arnt going at least it will have a good atmosphere.

What would you spend your money on out of interest then ??.

Translation: I don't have a mortgage, car, family or general expenses to fork out for

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:39 pm

Soze wrote:The 'must see metal event in ages'

minimustain
Warrior of Metal

Postby minimustain » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:31 pm

Some people need to A show respect where it's due n also question your right to be a metal fan . The comments n negativity make me sick. N I can't beleve that there are "fans" who are like this.
So what yeah in 1985 they may have been better but guess what ozzy is 70 frigging years old ffs.
He's a living legend n hes bringing his friends the metal gods with him. This is the last tour n maybe one of the last times u could see ozzy. So if I were u lot buy a ticket . Cause these up n commers are ginna still be here ozzy who knows . But if u get a chance to see a band espeshally these guys bloody well do it.

minimustain
Warrior of Metal

Postby minimustain » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:34 pm

houston4044 wrote:
Soze wrote:The 'must see metal event in ages'

Agreed this is the must go to in 2018.
Iam going twice cant wait.
2019 ozzy n priest are the must be at metal event.
Slayer n ozzy are both calling it quits so go see both.
If u cant why the heck not .

gavdann
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby gavdann » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:16 am

For me it came down to a few key reasons.

1) Value for money
2) I've never been keen on the London O2 as a venue. Yes, I could travel further but this isn't one I'd want to for.
3) I work for O2 so might (if I'm lucky) be able to get free box seats.

Also I like Slayer a lot more than Ozzy, Obituary are one of my favourite bands and I haven't seen Anthrax for years. That one always seemed a lot more appealing to me.

If I can get cheap/free Ozzy tickets I'd go but I can take it or leave it.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:58 am

As someone who got Ozzy/Priest tickets immediately, I still totally understand why people are complaining. Moreover, I think its their right to do so, it priced people out who wanted to go, and that's not ok. There are tons of empty seats still and I doubt most dates will sell out. People who would have gone otherwise have every right to complain, and hopefully, the next big band that passes through pays attention and adapts their prices accordingly.

Also, the "Well, I have lots of money so its ok!" argument, make me cringe.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:37 am

metaldinosaur wrote:As someone who got Ozzy/Priest tickets immediately, I still totally understand why people are complaining. Moreover, I think its their right to do so, it priced people out who wanted to go, and that's not ok. There are tons of empty seats still and I doubt most dates will sell out. People who would have gone otherwise have every right to complain, and hopefully, the next big band that passes through pays attention and adapts their prices accordingly.

You don't have to have lots of money to be able to afford this though. I'm not saying the price hasn't affected some folk's ability to be able to go, I'm sure it has but that doesn't mean that the only people who will be attending are the filthy-rich. It's about priorities. I don't consider myself "rolling in it" by any means but had this tour not clashed with a trip I'd already booked then I would have gone and just prioritised my money accordingly.

Ultimately, live music is a commercial enterprise, like any other form of service that can be bought and sold. Seeing a band live isn't someone's birthright. Sadly, you can either afford to go or you can't. Now, if there ends up being loads of tickets left and empty seats then clearly the tour wasn't priced correctly. If however the tour sells out at a high ticket price (like Metallica did) then the promoter will see it as the right decision.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:23 pm

minimustain wrote:# don't be jelouse , beotch. I can go vip why . Cause iam on a good high paied job .

One can only hope you're not being paid for your prowess with the English language!
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:12 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:
metaldinosaur wrote:As someone who got Ozzy/Priest tickets immediately, I still totally understand why people are complaining. Moreover, I think its their right to do so, it priced people out who wanted to go, and that's not ok. There are tons of empty seats still and I doubt most dates will sell out. People who would have gone otherwise have every right to complain, and hopefully, the next big band that passes through pays attention and adapts their prices accordingly.

You don't have to have lots of money to be able to afford this though. I'm not saying the price hasn't affected some folk's ability to be able to go, I'm sure it has but that doesn't mean that the only people who will be attending are the filthy-rich. It's about priorities. I don't consider myself "rolling in it" by any means but had this tour not clashed with a trip I'd already booked then I would have gone and just prioritised my money accordingly.

Ultimately, live music is a commercial enterprise, like any other form of service that can be bought and sold. Seeing a band live isn't someone's birthright. Sadly, you can either afford to go or you can't. Now, if there ends up being loads of tickets left and empty seats then clearly the tour wasn't priced correctly. If however the tour sells out at a high ticket price (like Metallica did) then the promoter will see it as the right decision.

I agree with what your saying really, but I just think that if people make their voices loud enough (regarding the price) it will help to convince them to stop charging so much. Not selling out (looks likely for Ozzy) could be regarded as the bands lack of popularity been the reason, but if enough people say its a cost issue, then the industry may think twice before charging so much next time.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:20 pm

metaldinosaur wrote:
bloodofthekings wrote:

I agree with what your saying really, but I just think that if people make their voices loud enough (regarding the price) it will help to convince them to stop charging so much. Not selling out (looks likely for Ozzy) could be regarded as the bands lack of popularity been the reason, but if enough people say its a cost issue, then the industry may think twice before charging so much next time.

Oh yeah I totally agree; don't get me wrong, I don't want high ticket prices like this, nobody does, but whilst promoters can still make a profit the prices won't come down. Question is, does it need to sell out (or come close) for it to be profitable? I honestly don't know. If there are enough empty seats for the promoters to rethink their decision, even then they may see it as being a sign of the bands' popularity when it actual fact, it could be the ticket price but without canvassing opinion on a large scale (which I don't see happening as I'm not sure how you could achieve that), then they're never gonna know for sure.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:05 pm

Value for money is always an individual thing. For me, sixty five quid for a Maiden ticket is good value as I've never seen them deliver anything but a great performance, with amazing visuals...and they're my favourite band. Ozzy...you're taking a gamble on what he'll sound like and I personally don't much care for anything he's written in 35 years. Priest, as I've said, aren't Priest to me without Tipton and Downing. So it ain't worth the £200 I'd end up spending on ticket, travel and hotel.

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:15 pm

This breaks my (self imposed) "cap" on the price of seeing a band by a large margin and whilst I would like to see Priest one more time, I'd prefer to spend the money on 3 or 4 gigs in a fairly local venue.

To those of you who do go, I hope you have a great time and I hope Ozzy's voice is up to it
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:04 pm

Czech's Mate wrote:This breaks my (self imposed) "cap" on the price of seeing a band by a large margin and whilst I would like to see Priest one more time, I'd prefer to spend the money on 3 or 4 gigs in a fairly local venue.

To those of you who do go, I hope you have a great time and I hope Ozzy's voice is up to it

Don't forget to adjust your cap for inflation.

gavdann
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby gavdann » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:55 am

I had to adjust mine for Slayer but justified it with the lineup.