Brutal Assault 2019

Share tour news and event information in here.
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: Brutal Assault 2019

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:57 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:But aren’t you looking forward to Parkway Drives headline set at BA? :lol:

FTFY.

:rofl:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Blake_Porter
Denim Demon

Postby Blake_Porter » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:31 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
Blake_Porter wrote:But aren’t you looking forward to Parkway Drives headline set at BA? :lol:

FTFY.

:rofl:

Hate my life.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:20 am

The difference is they will have bands on other stages at the same time.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:21 am

We kick off with true death metal legends INCANTATION. These unholy priests are the originators of equally unholy, blasphemous and rotten death metal that has been recently imitated to the proverbial death, but alas no epigons can match these ungodly desecrating goatfathers of the genre. The band will deliver horrific prophecies with songs from their first three albums, all of them being cult classics. If you can’t name them better do your homework, the indulgence might not be eternal under the ibex moon in our fortress! Shadows of the Ancient Death Metal Empire will be cast over Josefov…

Australian killing machine ESKHATON returns a new violent assault - The Omegalitheos! A phenomenon of psychotic Death Metal violence will resonate with those, who are eager to receive from Death Metal more than the standardized, predictable formulas which the majority is in ease to identify with and feels familiar with. Death Metal has always been meant to be a sick, violent, dark source of energy twisting the senses and blasting the listener into possessed like states and ESKHATON are one of the few bands that are still pushing Death Metal boundaries!

KRAANIUM was formed in 2001 and are one of the original pioneers of the slamming brutality genre. Originally founded in Norway, they have toured and slammed all over the world and now they will impose their heavy relentless BDM upon the BA crowd!

The influential German thrash veterans EXUMER are coming to conquer the moshing crown! Their initial albums Possessed by Fire (1986) and Rising from the Sea (1987) stand as highly-heralded triumphs of the genre until this day. Upon reemerging from hibernation, EXUMER released three long play records that were all also exceptionally well received and especially the brand-new latest output Hostile Defiance is a testimony of relentless power of the genre they helped to spawn!

ČAD are long-standing Slovakian squad, that is very active since its original conception as early as in 1994. The band has won a prestigious Slovak Radiohead award for the best record in Hard and Heavy category twice, despite working their entire career in a DIY way, staying highly original, drug free and being a lot more dark, personal or less accessible than your standard band mixing up elements from extreme hardcore, metal and HC punk. Band members are not only skillful and well-rehearsed musicians, but also writers, illustrators, publishers and filmmakers, which makes them a sort of renaissance phenomenon on the extreme metal scene.

MEAT SPREADER was started after a few beers by two legends of the European gore grind scene Jaro of Dead Infection fame and Arthur of Squash Bowels. They agreed that time has come to create a band referring to grind core's golden years and thus far this gore infested cooperation resulted in a MCD, followed last year by a split with Haemorrhage and Hemdale and a debut full-length. As you can imagine, all these contain a hefty dose of rotten old school gore grind core!

DISCHARGE is a British hardcore punk legend formed in 1977, often considered among one of the very first bands to play hardcore punk at all. The band had substantial lineup changes over its history, but its core members produced its key recordings in the early 1980s, among others the band's first album in 1982, Hear Nothing See Nothing Say Nothing. The record become an instant classic and defined the so called d-beat genre. After a number of successful singles and EPs like the famous 1981 EP Why or the 1982 single State Violence State Control the band brought in significant thrash metal crossover elements to the band. DISCHARGE's music influenced hardcore punk, thrash metal, crust punk, grindcore and various extreme metal subgenres, making them one of the most influential underground bands of all time.

Next on the list are DECULTIVATE - misanthropic hardcore from Prague – this furious noisy HC / crust will decultivate what’s left of You in the pit!

OMNIUM GATHERUM were formed in 1996 and emerged from a vibrant European metal scene with a series of acclaimed demos with a sound that blended the raging brutality of Scandinavian death metal with a rich sense of melody and harmony. All their recordings received ecstatic reviews in numerous metal mags across Europe, and these Finns has ploughed forward for the next 20 years further exploring guitarist Markus Vanhala’s unique sonic and compositional world.

Lithuanian outfit AU-DESSUS will bring outstanding, dark, heavy hitting and atmospheric post-black metal. The mood and riffs fit very well with the lyrical themes and they’re also a stunning live band, so watch out!

And the best in the end, we present you VED BUENS ENDE! A truly cult Norwegian avant-garde metal band. Their sound is diverse with quiet instrumental jazz influenced sections, folkish elements or aggressive black metal blast beats and vocals. Ved Buens Ende means "By the end of the (rain)bow" referring to the mythological rainbow Bifröst. VED BUENS ENDE was formed in Oslo in 1994 by the drummer Carl-Michael Eide (Czral) and brought forward unique mixture of many musical elements and Eide's crooning. Also, Eide's drumming was unusual in style, with very little repetition and a tendency to shy away from traditional drumming, often playing in different meters at once. The band was formed by many fantastic musicians doing stints with them here and there and eventually spawning such legendary acts as Dødheimsgard, Emperor, Satyricon, Arcturus, Ulver, Virus, Manes, Aura Noir, or Dimmu Borgir. However the band split up in 1997, after releasing only one but legendary full-length album Written in Waters. The album is unique and unusual. It incorporates many elements from various music forms and rather unconventional, dreamy and poetic lyrics. VED BUENS ENDE will only do 4 shows in 2019 so do not miss this opportunity to see these pioneers of true avant-garde metal live!

Incantation are a favourite live band of mine, tied with Autopsy as my favourite old school death metal band, and I love watching ignorant slam bands like Kraanium so a good announcement for me.

I'm up to 27 bands who I listen to and really want to see. There's probably the same again that I don't really listen to, but would like to check out too. That's without me going through and listening to bands I haven't heard of. One more annoucement left, and that's before the bands on the ambient stage get announced. Going to be a good one.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed May 08, 2019 12:16 pm

jwh20 wrote:
I'm up to 27 bands who I listen to and really want to see. There's probably the same again that I don't really listen to, but would like to check out too. That's without me going through and listening to bands I haven't heard of. One more annoucement left, and that's before the bands on the ambient stage get announced. Going to be a good one.

Ptth, BOA still has the New Blood and Jager stages to go, totally going to get at least 30 amazing bands easy....I have got to go a Euro festival sometime

Blake_Porter
Denim Demon

Postby Blake_Porter » Sat May 25, 2019 7:33 am

Yep, this just gets better and better with each announcement. This fest has caused a complete shit show for my finances though, mainly due to my own incompetence. Had a look through my emails the other night to find that I booked my return flight from Prague on the 10th August so had to pay £130 to change it to the 12th :x :lol:

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Tue May 28, 2019 7:41 am

Ouch, that sucks. I hate own goals like that. My return flight with bags was £144 total from Heathrow, wouldn't have been able to swing an extra £130

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Fri May 31, 2019 8:54 am

Only band I know on the last announcement is Altarage, but love them! And any more bands I really like it would just make clashes worse.

Final Lineup: (even though ambient stage is to come they call it the final lineup)

ABORTED
AFTER THE BURIAL
AGNOSTIC FRONT
ALIEN WEAPONRY
ALTARAGE
ANAAL NATHRAKH
ANATHEMA
ANIMALS AS LEADERS
ANTAEUS
ANTHRAX
THE ARSON PROJECT
AU-DESSUS
AZUSA
BATUSHKA
BRUTALLY DECEASED
ČAD
CAR BOMB
CARCASS
CARPENTER BRUT
CASPIAN
COMBICHRIST
THE CONTORTIONIST
COUNTING HOURS
COVEN
CROSSFAITH
CRYSTAL LAKE
CULT OF LUNA
CYTOTOXIN
DAUGHTERS
DECAPITATED
DECULTIVATE
DEICIDE
DÉLUGE
DEMOLITION HAMMER
DESTRUCTION
DIABLO SWING ORCHESTRA
DISCHARGE
DR. LIVING DEAD
EKTOMORF
ELECTRIC WIZARD
ELYSIUM
EMPEROR
ENSIFERUM
ENTROPIA
ESKHATON
EXUMER
EYEHATEGOD
FORGOTTEN SILENCE
FROG LEAP
GET THE SHOT
GODFLESH
GOROD
GOST
GUTALAX
HEILUNG
HELLHAMMER - TRIUMPH OF DEATH
HEXIS
HIGHER POWER
HYPOCRISY
IMMOLATION
INCANTATION
IRON REAGAN
JINJER
JUNGLE ROT
KAMPFAR
KRAANIUM
KRISIUN
LETTERS FROM THE COLONY
LIONHEART
MALLEPHYR
MEAT SPREADER
MESHUGGAH
METAL CHURCH
MGŁA
MIDNIGHT
MONSTER MAGNET
MYRKUR
NAPALM DEATH
NECROS CHRISTOS
NORDJEVEL
THE OBSESSED
THE OCEAN
OCEANS OF SLUMBER
OF MICE & MEN
OMNIUM GATHERUM
PARKWAY DRIVE
PERFECITIZEN
PRIMORDIAL
PRONG
RAISED FIST
ROTTING CHRIST
SACRED REICH
SAOR
SHAPE OF DESPAIR
SICK OF IT ALL
SKELETAL REMAINS
SLÆGT
SLAPSHOT
SODOM
SOILWORK
TAAKE
TANKARD
TAPHOS
TESTAMENT
THERION
THY ART IS MURDER
TOSKAUNE MISÉRE
UNFATHOMABLE RUINATION
UNPROCESSED
VAMPILLIA
VARGRAV
VED BUENS ENDE
VENOM PRISON
VIOLATOR
VIOLENT MAGIC ORCHESTRA
VOIVOD
VULVODYNIA
VUUR
WALLS OF JERICHO
WINDHAND
WOE UNTO ME
WOLFBRIGADE
WORMED
ZURIAAKE

Blake_Porter
Denim Demon

Postby Blake_Porter » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:32 am

Only band from the final announcement that I’d heard of was Kampfar. Been wanting to see them for years now, so this makes me happy.

markwalsh99
Lowly Peon

Postby markwalsh99 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:59 am

Hi,
I've written a GUIDE TO BRUTAL ASSUALT 2019 which may be of interest. Hope you find it useful.
http://metalfesteurope.com/wp/2019/03/1 ... val-guide/

On my website there's guides to other Metal Festivals, Metal Festival Calendar and Packing Checklist. Do take a look.
http://metalfesteurope.com

cheers

Blake_Porter
Denim Demon

Postby Blake_Porter » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:32 pm

markwalsh99 wrote:Hi,
I've written a GUIDE TO BRUTAL ASSUALT 2019 which may be of interest. Hope you find it useful.
http://metalfesteurope.com/wp/2019/03/1 ... val-guide/

On my website there's guides to other Metal Festivals, Metal Festival Calendar and Packing Checklist. Do take a look.
http://metalfesteurope.com

cheers

What kind of bands can we expect to play on the Tuesday? How much is the train to and from Jaromer?

Blake_Porter
Denim Demon

Postby Blake_Porter » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:45 am

Well my journey to Brutal assault begins today. Travel down for a night at my mothers, then fly to Prague tomorrow for a few days before getting the train to Jaromer!

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:24 am

Flying Wednesday morning.

Looks like it might be a bit wet! Dunno weather this is worse of better than the Saharan heat wave we had last year.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:40 pm

Different websites say different things so far. Just hoping it's not above 30C sunshine and not drownload '16 type rain. A bit of rain here and there is no big deal.

Blake_Porter
Denim Demon

Postby Blake_Porter » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:09 pm

Well it was supposed to rain heavily yesterday, but the weather was mostly great. So I’d take any forecast with a heavy pinch of salt