Stonebaked Festival (June 2020)

Share tour news and event information in here.
User avatar
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2497
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Stonebaked Festival (June 2020)

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri May 31, 2019 9:36 am

6th-7th June at Temple of Boom, Leeds. Three stages. £50 for a weekend ticket.

Headliners:

Boss Keloid and 1 more tbc

Also confirmed:
Archelon
Bad Earth
Barbarian Hermit
Battalions
Beggar
Blind Monarch
Butcher in the Fog
Chubby Thunderous Bad Kush Masters
Cybernetic Witch Cult
Deltanaut
Everest Queen
Famyne
Gandalf the Green
Gevaudan
Goblinsmoker
Green Lung
Gurt
Helve
Hundred Year Old Man
Ironrat
Irontooth
King Corpse
King Witch
Kurokuma
Kylver
Lacertilia
Mage
Master Charger
Morass of Molasses
Oak
Old Man Lizard
Pist
Psychlona
Red Spektor
Regulus
Ritual King
Sgt. Thunderhoof
Son of Boar
Sound of Origin
Ten Foot Wizard
Tides of Sulfur
Trevors Head
Under
Widows

plus about 17 more ish to be added.
Last edited by Haldamir319 on Fri May 31, 2019 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2497
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: Stonebaked Festival (June 2020)

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri May 31, 2019 9:38 am

EDIT: double post
Image

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 853
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:58 pm
Location: Slough

Re: Stonebaked Festival (June 2020)

Postby jwh20 » Fri May 31, 2019 9:46 am

I'm so out of touch with that style of doom. I recognize three bands, and have only listened to two because my brother plays them when he's round.

User avatar
someone else
Denim Demon
Posts: 5911
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: Chester, UK
Contact:

Re: Stonebaked Festival (June 2020)

Postby someone else » Fri May 31, 2019 1:27 pm

I've seen about 30 of these - there seems to be a North/South divide in the stoner/doom/sludge crowd, with most of these being very common in all dayers up here but maybe rarer down south who have their own micro scenes with bands that don't stray up here very much.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

User avatar
robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:34 am
Location: Manchester

Re: Stonebaked Festival (June 2020)

Postby robin8585 » Fri May 31, 2019 2:03 pm

Was always going to be a cracker based on the people organising it, but holy shitballs it's even better than I expected. Going to be clashes all over the place.

Incidentally, any idea where the 3rd stage is? I've only ever seen the 2 there.

User avatar
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2497
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: Stonebaked Festival (June 2020)

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri May 31, 2019 2:44 pm

There's only Bad Earth that I'd have to look up - I have at least heard of all the other bands announced. Definitely more northern oriented, though not surprised given the parties involved.

Not sure about the stage situation as I've never been to Temple of Boom - just going on what their info says.
Image

User avatar
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2497
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: Stonebaked Festival (June 2020)

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri May 31, 2019 2:45 pm

jwh20 wrote:I'm so out of touch with that style of doom. I recognize three bands, and have only listened to two because my brother plays them when he's round.


Who have you heard of, out of interest?
Image

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 853
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:58 pm
Location: Slough

Re: Stonebaked Festival (June 2020)

Postby jwh20 » Fri May 31, 2019 3:08 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:
jwh20 wrote:I'm so out of touch with that style of doom. I recognize three bands, and have only listened to two because my brother plays them when he's round.


Who have you heard of, out of interest?


Four as it happens

Chubby Thunderous Bad Kush Masters
Boss Keloid
Hundred Year old Man
Morasses of Mollasses

Guess that's what happens when you stopped green a few years ago.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 636
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:21 pm

Re: Stonebaked Festival (June 2020)

Postby Jay1993 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:13 pm

This looks big! Might even be worth making the trek up from Norfolk for :lol: Temple of Boom is a cool venue too, nice and easy to get around with plenty of outdoor space if I remember rightly!

User avatar
robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:34 am
Location: Manchester

Re: Stonebaked Festival (June 2020)

Postby robin8585 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:28 am

Jay1993 wrote:This looks big! Might even be worth making the trek up from Norfolk for :lol: Temple of Boom is a cool venue too, nice and easy to get around with plenty of outdoor space if I remember rightly!


You do. The stages are separated by an alley, so if it's a nice day you get to sit out in the sun between bands, which is great. Got a really nice veggie cafe on site too for food, it's a fantastic venue.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 636
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:21 pm

Re: Stonebaked Festival (June 2020)

Postby Jay1993 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:16 am

robin8585 wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:This looks big! Might even be worth making the trek up from Norfolk for :lol: Temple of Boom is a cool venue too, nice and easy to get around with plenty of outdoor space if I remember rightly!


You do. The stages are separated by an alley, so if it's a nice day you get to sit out in the sun between bands, which is great. Got a really nice veggie cafe on site too for food, it's a fantastic venue.


Yeah that's right! I went for the first time for the Damnation 2016 pre-party and remember it being a cool venue, although it did take me a while to find it :lol: A veggie cafe on site is a bonus too!

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4002
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Stonebaked Festival (June 2020)

Postby houston4044 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:07 pm

:o

Looks damn good, will look into the logistics