Opeth Oct/Nov UK & IRE Tour

Share tour news and event information in here.
bloodofthekings
Leather Rebel

Opeth Oct/Nov UK & IRE Tour

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri May 31, 2019 10:00 am

Support is The Vintage Caravan

29th Oct - Palladium, London
31st Oct - SWG3 Galvanizers, Glasgow
1st Nov - Olympia Theatre, Dublin
2nd Nov - Damnation Festival, Leeds
3rd Nov - Academy, Bristol

greatape
Lowly Peon

Re: Opeth Oct/Nov UK & IRE Tour

Postby greatape » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:35 am

Palladium tickets on sale, £43.20, weird venue for it, it's an all seated theater. Last time I was there was to see Julian Clary in the Panto.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:02 am

greatape wrote:Palladium tickets on sale, £43.20, weird venue for it, it's an all seated theater. Last time I was there was to see Julian Clary in the Panto.

They played there on the last tour. Hawkwind, Dream Theater have also been in there recently so must have some attractions. I saw Marillion in there 18 months ago, surpised at how small it felt after seeing it on TV
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

gavdann
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby gavdann » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:27 am

They've added Norwich and I'm a bit tempted.

I used to be a big fan of Opeth, their 20 year gig at the Royal Albert Hall is up there amongst my list of best ever gigs. When they released Heritage though they lost me. It was a flick of the switch moment, I hated that album so much and I've barely listened to them since. Are the current gigs still very focussed around the recent shitty prog stuff or do they dip back in to the older progressive death stuff? Unless they play a lot of the older stuff, I'm still not going to be interested to be honest!

27.10. UK Norwich - UEA

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:56 am

gavdann wrote:They've added Norwich and I'm a bit tempted.

I used to be a big fan of Opeth, their 20 year gig at the Royal Albert Hall is up there amongst my list of best ever gigs. When they released Heritage though they lost me. It was a flick of the switch moment, I hated that album so much and I've barely listened to them since. Are the current gigs still very focussed around the recent shitty prog stuff or do they dip back in to the older progressive death stuff? Unless they play a lot of the older stuff, I'm still not going to be interested to be honest!

27.10. UK Norwich - UEA

Hard to say at the moment as the new album hasn't dropped yet and no idea how that will impact the setlist. I'd say it's about 60/40 tailored to the old stuff

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:16 pm

gavdann wrote:They've added Norwich and I'm a bit tempted.

27.10. UK Norwich - UEA

Just think though with the price of that ticket it would mean you could afford travel and a ticket to a good death metal band at the Underworld or Black Heart (Skeletal Remains) :lol:
I see the bad moon arising.

gavdann
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby gavdann » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:17 pm

True. I'm seeing 10 bands at the Black Heart on Saturday, for probably less than the price of an Opeth ticket.

Skeletal Remains are good. They remind me a lot Death and Pestilence.