At the Gates Tour

Share tour news and event information in here.
houston4044
Denim Demon

Re: At the Gates Tour

Postby houston4044 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:01 am

£24 inc fees is a steal and I've gone for it, will be a good way to round off the year

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:28 am

Think I may go for it too. Deserted Fear sound good too.
I see the bad moon arising.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:09 pm

Wow electric ballroom changed to underworld. At the gates popularity must be on the slide.

gavdann
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby gavdann » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:47 pm

Ghost wrote:Wow electric ballroom changed to underworld. At the gates popularity must be on the slide.

I saw them with Triptykon a few years ago at the Forum and tbh I thought they were fairly dull.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:01 am

gavdann wrote:
Ghost wrote:Wow electric ballroom changed to underworld. At the gates popularity must be on the slide.

I saw them with Triptykon a few years ago at the Forum and tbh I thought they were fairly dull.

Yeah I haven't been impressed since they reformed. They were the first gig I ever went to though which was amazing. Dissection supported. So there's nostalgia there for me.
I'm mainly going because I've never seen nifelheim. I reckon you'd like nifelheim BTW so give them a listen.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:42 am

Well if the weather goes to crap in December at least I've got the refund option until 10 days before the event now :lol:

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:20 am

houston4044 wrote:

Well if the weather goes to crap in December at least I've got the refund option until 10 days before the event now :lol:

Refunded the ticket, the set is near identical to what they've been playing the last few times I've seen them. Better uses the money this time of the year.

gavdann
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby gavdann » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:50 am

houston4044 wrote:Better uses the money this time of the year.

Like the Orange Goblin/Discharge/Hellripper gig on Friday for example? :yes:

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:21 am

houston4044 wrote:Refunded the ticket, the set is near identical to what they've been playing the last few times I've seen them. Better uses the money this time of the year.

Just trying to avoid our first cuddle again. Looks like Nifelheim and At the gates have decent set lengths though. Better than the standard one hour headline sets you get nowadays. I'm more going to see Deserted Fear and Nifelheim.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:06 pm

gavdann wrote:
houston4044 wrote:Better uses the money this time of the year.

Like the Orange Goblin/Discharge/Hellripper gig on Friday for example? :yes:

If they managed to combine both bills onto one then It'd be more than worth it :D

Ghost wrote:
Just trying to avoid our first cuddle again. Looks like Nifelheim and At the gates have decent set lengths though. Better than the standard one hour headline sets you get nowadays. I'm more going to see Deserted Fear and Nifelheim.

It's only 3 more songs than they played at BOA last year and this year supporting Behemoth with the rest being the same. I like Nifelheim but not enough to make this worthwhile.

I'll add the hug and Sister Shotgun to my 2020 to do list

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:24 pm

houston4044 wrote:
It's only 3 more songs than they played at BOA last year and this year supporting Behemoth with the rest being the same. I like Nifelheim but not enough to make this worthwhile.

I'll add the hug and Sister Shotgun to my 2020 to do list

Yeah and they played for an hour at Bloodstock so it's over an hour :lol:

I think the singer of Sister Shotgun is too busy posing in her pants on Instagram to play live much :lol: :eyes:

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:59 pm

The Underworld was heaving - I went to a smaller venue a couple of weeks before and saw Abhorrent Decimation and Prostitute Disfigurement and they were better. Me and my friend agreed they were all sloppy. BloodThread at the Blackheart last week were excellent too and they were openers

SlaytanicBacon
Definitely Not Nu

Postby SlaytanicBacon » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:25 pm

houston4044 wrote:

It's worth mentioning there's a huge train strike at the moment which affects travel for those who travel in by train like I do. Last train home for me at the moment whilst strike is on is 10:45pm so will miss the majority of headline sets if I wanna get home. I expect some of the decline may because of that.

gavdann
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby gavdann » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:29 pm

I travelled in to London last night. I didn't see anything about a train strike. There was a problem on the circle line due to an accident but everything else looked to be running smooth.

SlaytanicBacon
Definitely Not Nu

Postby SlaytanicBacon » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:41 pm

Ah maybe its the South Western Railway which affects me since I travel through Waterloo when I go to gigs normally. They're on strike throughout December until after new year - services still run but fewer and last one back is 10:45pm for me. It stopped me from going to see Kataklysm & Fleshgod Apocalypse earlier in the month and had to book a hotel for Devin Townsend or I just simply wouldn't get home that night. Thought it may have been a reason why there were less numbers for At the Gates.