Sabaton 2020

Share tour news and event information in here.
Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Sabaton 2020

Postby Ghost » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:25 am

Never really gave Sabaton a chance. Always seemed just too cheesy for me. After a better listen though they are good and should be a fun gig. Wembley isn't that far from me either so I'm sold.
I see the bad moon arising.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:09 am

It's being advertised as their "only UK headline show of 2020" so I wonder if they'll be a part of a bigger tour (or DL) next year.

gavdann
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby gavdann » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:38 pm

Ghost wrote:Always seemed just too cheesy for me.

I couldn't hit that stop button quickly enough. :lol:

They're not for me.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:09 pm

gavdann wrote:

They're not for me.

Haa haa well you think blind guardian is too cheesy so sabaton had no hope with you.

gavdann
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby gavdann » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:15 pm

Ghost wrote:
gavdann wrote:

They're not for me.

Haa haa well you think blind guardian is too cheesy so sabaton had no hope with you.
This is true. I've never had an easy relationship with power metal.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:51 am

Any idea on prices?

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:00 am

So Serenity at the Underworld starts at 5pm and this starts at 6pm....may be an opportunity to see Serenity's set in Camden, get Uber to Wembley then watch whole of Sabaton's set, expensive but I don't wanna miss either.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:36 pm

I'm more concerned about missing Rage than Serenity. I'm hoping they reschedule the show to avoid the clash. They don't have anything booked for the subsequent two days.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:13 pm

houston4044 wrote:Any idea on prices?

You worry about prices too much son. Do you need an increase in pocket money? :D

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:35 pm

It's a shame that Sabaton aren't doing massive UK tours anymore, saw them locally a few years back in a venue which holds 500...but the bigger a band get, the bigger their productions and stage shows get too, if you want that full experience then this is inevitable. Sabaton are probably in that inbetween zone where they don't think they're big enough to drag a huge show to more than one venue in the UK (same reason Helloween only played London on the reunion tour).

minimustain
Warrior of Metal

Postby minimustain » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:07 am

I for one cant wait for Sabaton to Headline both Bloodstock n Wembly both shows will be awesome. People complaining it's a one of London show so what, this means you have to travel u ever heard of trains or coaches . I am travling from Gloucestershire n my mate is travelling from liverpool.

It's a shame it clashes with Serenity but I very much dought that's a deliberate thing Sabaton have done it's just how their schedule happens to fall . Plus there likly only doing one uk arena show as a feeler to see how well it does . It's like Nightwish they did one n sold it out then came back for 3 arena dates 2 years later n they sold pretty well I think London was sold out . Birmingham was sadly fairly empty well around half the cap of Birmingham arena I'd say. (But a download appearance in 2020 is very likly imo.

But people give Sabaton a chance they could be one of the next big bands n we do need bands to step up to the next level. We wont have Iron maiden Metallica Ac/Dc etc forever sadly .

But Sabaton are awesome.

(Ps my grammer is crap .my spelling to so please thers no need to remind me just because u may get butt hurt over this and do not have anything intelligent to say in terms of a comeback. This is one man's opinion agree or disagree)

See u for the Great Tour. !!!!!!!!!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:02 pm

minimustain wrote:I for one cant wait for Sabaton to Headline both Bloodstock n Wembly both shows will be awesome. People complaining it's a one of London show so what, this means you have to travel u ever heard of trains or coaches . I am travling from Gloucestershire n my mate is travelling from liverpool.

It's a shame it clashes with Serenity but I very much dought that's a deliberate thing Sabaton have done it's just how their schedule happens to fall . Plus there likly only doing one uk arena show as a feeler to see how well it does . It's like Nightwish they did one n sold it out then came back for 3 arena dates 2 years later n they sold pretty well I think London was sold out . Birmingham was sadly fairly empty well around half the cap of Birmingham arena I'd say. (But a download appearance in 2020 is very likly imo.

But people give Sabaton a chance they could be one of the next big bands n we do need bands to step up to the next level. We wont have Iron maiden Metallica Ac/Dc etc forever sadly .

But Sabaton are awesome.

(Ps my grammer is crap .my spelling to so please thers no need to remind me just because u may get butt hurt over this and do not have anything intelligent to say in terms of a comeback. This is one man's opinion agree or disagree)

See u for the Great Tour. !!!!!!!!!

Yes. But we also have to factor in things like taking two days off work, getting hotels, travelling three or four hours by train. That's every gig. Fine for a one off, but if every gig is in London then that seriously affects how many times you can travel to gigs.

Anyone thinking that isn't significant needs to start living in the real world. We aren't all teenagers anymore. We certainly can't just drop everything for an average band that wants to play one date in London. And yes, I consider Sabaton to be very average.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

minimustain
Warrior of Metal

Postby minimustain » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:24 am

Average lol I strongly disagree .
But saying every gigs in London . Where do u live the fricken moon ??. Dude don't u have gigs in your area , I mean I go to Bristol mostly for gigs . Cardiff Birmingham on occasions n London now n then n like u said earlier I live in Gloucestershire . Iam pretty sure that gigs u could go to are not exclusive to London there are other places dude n most probably closer to u. And it's not every band is it most will tour but this is a feeler if this goes well they will likely do a other arena tour bit with 3 dates or so. London tho u can get there pretty cheap if u book early enough .30 on the train thats not a great deal . By coach I went to london it cost me 4 quid there n 8 back I used mega bus n national Express respectfully. Hotels u just need to shop around yeah there is some at 350 but there are others for 60 n between u n a couple of mates its next to nothing.
I get it some people cant drop everything. Thankfully I get every other saturday of n every sunday of work . My train journey will be around 35 pounds n will take around 3 hours. My mate whos from liverpool is comming to. Our hotel is 80 pounds so 40 each. Which we don't pay untill the day so thats awesome imo.

But yeah if every gig was in London then yeah we would have problems.