5FDP/Megadeth/Bad Wolves European Tour

Share tour news and event information in here.
Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

5FDP/Megadeth/Bad Wolves European Tour

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:00 am

It appears that Megadeth will be supporting 5 Finger Death Punch in Europe, presumably in 2020. :(

Helsinki and Stockholm are the only cities confirmed so far with no dates or venues: https://megadeathpunch.com/

Copenhagen, Warsaw, Zurich and Hamburg also seem to be there hidden behind the red blur. I can't tell if there are any UK shows yet.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Re: 5FDP/Megadeth/Bad Wolves European Tour

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:27 am

I imagine many folk on here will see this as some kind of sacrilege and that it should be the other way around but the sad fact is that in recent years, 5FDP have played bigger venues on their own tours than Megadeth have.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:15 am

bloodofthekings wrote:I imagine many folk on here will see this as some kind of sacrilege and that it should be the other way around but the sad fact is that in recent years, 5FDP have played bigger venues on their own tours than Megadeth have.

Regardless of that, I still think Megadeth should play their own gigs at their own sized venues, and that this line up is rather offputting for Megadeth fans, I love Megadeth, but I wouldn't go and see Slipknot, Korn etc just for them if they happened to be supporting.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:24 am

bloodfiend wrote:
bloodofthekings wrote:I imagine many folk on here will see this as some kind of sacrilege and that it should be the other way around but the sad fact is that in recent years, 5FDP have played bigger venues on their own tours than Megadeth have.

Regardless of that, I still think Megadeth should play their own gigs at their own sized venues, and that this line up is rather offputting for Megadeth fans, I love Megadeth, but I wouldn't go and see Slipknot, Korn etc just for them if they happened to be supporting.

I agree with that but I doubt existing Megadeth fans are their main priority on this tour. Presumably they're trying to expand their audience by playing to a demographic that doesn't usually go see them on their own tour, which is understandable. If they play in Leeds and the ticket price isn't horrendous then I might just go for Megadeth but anywhere else and I'll likely not bother.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:32 am

Isn't it just a handful of dates in Scandinavia?
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:37 am

At the moment, only Helsinki and Stockholm have been confirmed but there's more to be announced on 9th September. Not sure if this will include the UK or not.

Bearintown
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Bearintown » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:32 pm

5FDP are now a much better band than Megadeth who take boring to new levels these days.

north sea storm
Leather Rebel

Postby north sea storm » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:32 pm

Yep only seen them once in 09 . Christened them megadull !!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:50 pm

Megadeth are one of the best live bands I've ever seen, and I've seen thousands over the years. When on form they piss over most bands of any genre.

What date is the next Bloodstock announcement? Calling it now. They're two of the headliners.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:41 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:Isn't it just a handful of dates in Scandinavia?

No, there are several shows in Germany plus Zurich, Vienna, Prague, Warsaw and maybe Sofia. The fourth one starts with A so might be Amsterdam, or maybe Aberdeen, but I think Amsterdam is more likely. There might be a couple of UK shows in there and I hope 5FDP and Megadave are not the BOA 2020 headliners. That would be a very uninspiring line-up. Fingers crossed it's just arena shows.

bloodfiend wrote:

I agree. I want to see Megadeth headline venues rather than play 45mins-1 hour before some bland discount Pantera.

Both bands have headlined Wembley Arena in recent years - Megadave with Lamb of God & Children of Bodom supporting, 5FDP with In Flames - so with Megadave supporting 5FDP should we assume that if there is a show in London that it will be in the O2?

gavdann

Postby gavdann » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:43 am

This must be the season for odd tour announcements. Good bands supporting shit headliners.

I haven't seen Megadeth live since 1990 anyway but no way I'd make the effort for that. I think it'll cost a small fortune too as they priced me out last time they headlined over here.
Last edited by gavdann on Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

gavdann

Postby gavdann » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:52 am

oops. double post.

Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Postby Smerphy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:22 pm

I take it Gwar - Voivod is the other one?

Only other I can think of is Baroness - Volbeat, but I like both.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

gavdann

Postby gavdann » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:53 pm

Smerphy wrote:I take it Gwar - Voivod is the other one?

Only other I can think of is Baroness - Volbeat, but I like both.

I'd forgotten about Gwar & Voivod.

I was thinking Slipknot & Behemoth.... Not that I'm a massive Behemoth fan tbf.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:31 am

Could be other reasons too - with Dave still receiving treatment they may not get finance/insurance for a headliner. If he has to pull out, a support band can be replaced without refunds.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11