Dream Theater

Share tour news and event information in here.
Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Dream Theater

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:55 am

Only two UK shows as part of a European Tour. This will be 'Scenes From a Memory' in full and another regular set.

I'm surprised they're only doing two shows over here. I was hoping for a show on a Saturday somewhere, but I guess it'll have to be London on a Friday.

The UK venues are the Hammersmith Apollo and Clyde Auditorium.

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Re: Dream Theater

Postby Powerslave » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:38 am

It's rubbish that they're only doing 2 dates, but I'll definitely be in London.

Aerosol_Kid
Consort of the Beast

Postby Aerosol_Kid » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:43 am

Two shows ffs, but will take the hike to Glasgow for this one. Dear do as well!
skull-wart wrote:Yes! Thor! Clearly the best (and most muscular and handsome) man I've ever seen at everything! I would love to see him headline every day, on every stage. At every festival and gig in this country and all of the others too.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:11 pm

Tickets for Glasgow are on general sale from 9am on Friday, but there is a venue presale, and are priced from £50 to £80.

London tickets are onsale from Monday at 10am and are similarly priced.

There are also a couple of ridiculous VIP packages One of called "Out of Reach" - yeah, out of reach for my bank account. https://www.seetickets.com/event/dream- ... on/1424318

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:17 pm

Black Wizard wrote:There are also a couple of ridiculous VIP packages One of called "Out of Reach" - yeah, out of reach for my bank account. https://www.seetickets.com/event/dream- ... on/1424318

£250 and you don't even get to meet the band :lol:

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:33 pm

Might be worth doing the Glasgow date just to see Scenes. Don't think I'd stick around for the second half if they're mostly doing their new shite.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:34 am

Powerslave wrote:£250 and you don't even get to meet the band :lol:

Yeah that's awful. The "Out of Reach" is a VIP tote bag with a limited edition lithograph, a drumhead, a lanyard and an enamel pin - I am not paying £250 for that. The "Go the Distance" package is all of that plus a meet & greet with the band and a VIP host. I really hate these VIP packages. If bands (or their management/promoter) want to give fans a chance to meet them then it shouldn't break the bank. Just have a prize draw for fan club members.

WorMzy wrote:Might be worth doing the Glasgow date just to see Scenes. Don't think I'd stick around for the second half if they're mostly doing their new shite.

If you skip the second half you'll miss 'Scenes From a Memory'. They'll do that after the regular set, as least that what they did with 'Images and Words' on the last tour.

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:00 am

A second night at Hammersmith has been added on the 22nd, both shows are being filmed.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:11 am

I just got that alert. I might get a ticket for the Saturday show too if I can get a better seat.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:21 am

Powerslave wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:There are also a couple of ridiculous VIP packages One of called "Out of Reach" - yeah, out of reach for my bank account. https://www.seetickets.com/event/dream- ... on/1424318

£250 and you don't even get to meet the band :lol:

You have to pay nearly an extra £100 for that honour :eyes:

One of my co-workers has gone all out for the package as well :lol: No wonder they only do 2-3 gigs a year :evillaff:

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:07 am

One of my colleagues did the meet & greet for Dream Theater in Singapore once. They were told there would be freebies and nibbles available, which turned out to be flyers for the show and nachos with salsa dip. John Myung - not known for being a chatterbox - was the only band member to turn up. A bit of a waste.

I got a better seat as the tickets for the Saturday show went on sale a few minutes ago. Nearly got a front row seat clicked a millisecond too late.