Skiltron UK Tour 2020

Share tour news and event information in here.
bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Skiltron UK Tour 2020

Postby bloodofthekings » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:51 am

13th February - Arts Centre, Colchester
14th February - 229 Venue, London
15th February - Cobblestones, Bridgwater
16th February - O2 Academy, Birmingham (HRH Metal Fest)
17th February - The Bunkhouse, Swansea
19th February - The Factory, Manchester
20th February - Trillians, Newcastle
21st February - Bannermans, Edinburgh
22nd February - Krakatoa, Aberdeen

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Skiltron UK Tour 2020

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:06 pm

After the controversy on their last tour, I'm not sure they are worth the hassle.

Bearintown
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Bearintown » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:41 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:After the controversy on their last tour, I'm not sure they are worth the hassle.

What was that?
We were on our way to the Paisley show when we found it was cancelled on the night, but ??

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:44 am

I was at the Sheffield show where they pulled out half way through the middle of the supports' performances.

Allegedly... they were demanding the sound engineer (who was doubling as venue manager for the evening in absense of other staff) pay them their fee up front (this is while the sound guy is working, sorting the levels for one of the supports mid song). Eventually they demanded to speak to the owner/landlady. When she came down, she explained that they always pay bands immediately after performance unless their contract states otherwise, and she offered to fetch a copy of the contract for them to read. The band refused and said they wouldn't play unless they were paid upfront, so they were told to leave (I've left out a lot of the more colourful language used). (I was at the venue, but this is all 2nd hand info, though from at least half a dozen sources who were all in or around these convos).

This was immediately before Bloodstock. Aonia (our M2TM winners) were one of the local supports on the bill using at their BOA warm-up. Separately, the european tour support (Lux Perpetua) didn't turn up, and no one knew why. So, in the end, the UK touring support (Merrichane) were left with three local supports. Aonia jumped to the top of the bill and at the drop of a hat, changed their 30 minute set to one closer to 50 to give the crowd a better show.

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:13 pm

Well this is the first I’ve heard of that, what a bunch of cunts.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:07 pm

http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

skiltron
Lowly Peon

Postby skiltron » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:58 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:Well this is the first I’ve heard of that, what a bunch of cunts.

Hi my friends, we are not a bunch of cunts or anything like that. We were just unlucky enough to have two horrible experiences withing two nights.
Let me tell you about that. After we confirmed our participation in Bloodstock 2018, we added 3 more gigs: Edinburgh, Paisley and Sheffield. The first gig, at Bannermans in Edinburgh was awesome as always we play there (I think about 6 or 7 times already), nice venue, serious promoter and everything as it should be. Then, the second day when we arrive to The Bungaloo in Paisley the nightmare started. The promoter didn't show up (ignoring calls and texts) and the owner of the venue wasn't even aware of our show! So, even we have a signed contract, obviously it was impossible to get the show done.
The following day in Sheffield was different. With a signed contract stating that we would be getting our fee in advance, the promoter said that she was sorry but she had some kind of problem with her account and was unable to do the transfer but we would be getting paid as soon as arrival. We explained her the bad experience of the previous night but she said that it wouldn't be any problem. Then, once at the venue she offered a small part of the fee in advance and not all as she promised, but that shw would give is the rest before our performance. First bad signal. Then, about a couple of hours later we asked for the rest and she said that the sound guy was gonna give it to us after the show. Second bad signal. When we asked why we couldn't have it at that moment she said that she was scared that we would run away with the money. Third bad signal. I never hear of any band ever doing something like that, not to mention that our stage was all setup already. At this point it was clear that we weren't gonna be paid, so that's why we decided to leave.

We have played over 300 shows and canceled 3. Records spoke by themselves.
Anybody is welcome to approach us in our shows and see what kind of people we are.
Happy new year!

gavdann
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby gavdann » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:38 pm

skiltron wrote:At this point it was clear that we weren't gonna be paid, so that's why we decided to leave.

What a shitshow. It doesn't sound like any thought was given by either the promoter or your band, to the punters who turned up and paid to get in. It would have left however many people feeling pissed off, most of who will be unlikely to make the effort for this tour and it will also put people like myself off who thought about Colchester and now feel it's probably not worth making the effort.

skiltron
Lowly Peon

Postby skiltron » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:28 pm

We care a lot about our fans and we respect them. And also we respect ourselves and our job. That's why we can't work under such circumstances. I think is very easy to understand.
We always have the best predisposition, and we don't want these unfortunate episodes to cause a bad impression about us. I repeat: We have done over 300 shows, and cancelled only 3. Nobody needs to be worried about this upcoming tour as everything is being handled properly.

Bearintown

Postby Bearintown » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:24 pm

Dont know the rights and wrongs, but I d know we were half way up to Paisley when Facebook/Skiltron told us it was cancelled,
So thank you technology for only half a wasted trip :lol:

See you in Newcastle :lighter:

MrBlade
Consort of the Beast

Skiltron UK Tour 2020

Postby MrBlade » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:19 pm

Leicester show added Feb 18th,

See you there guys. You might remember me from a show in Belgium in 2016.

skiltron
Lowly Peon

Postby skiltron » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:39 pm

Full tourdates:
13.02 ENGLAND Colchester @Arts Centre
14.02 ENGLAND London @229
15.02 ENGLAND Bridgwater @The Cobblestones
16.02 ENGLAND Birmingham @O2 Academy HRH Metal
17.02 WALES Swansea @The Bunkhouse
18.02 ENGLAND Leicester @The Musician
19.02 ENGLAND Manchester @Factory
20.02 ENGLAND Newcastle @Trillians
21.02 SCOTLAND Edinburgh @Bannermans
22.02 SCOTLAND Aberdeen @Krakatoa
23.02 ENGLAND York @ he Fulford Arms

robin8585

Postby robin8585 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:57 am

Another tour that I'm on holiday during, curses! They were really good at Wacken Winter Nights last year.

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:51 am

skiltron wrote:
Blake_Porter wrote:Well this is the first I’ve heard of that, what a bunch of cunts.

Hi my friends, we are not a bunch of cunts or anything like that. We were just unlucky enough to have two horrible experiences withing two nights.
Let me tell you about that. After we confirmed our participation in Bloodstock 2018, we added 3 more gigs: Edinburgh, Paisley and Sheffield. The first gig, at Bannermans in Edinburgh was awesome as always we play there (I think about 6 or 7 times already), nice venue, serious promoter and everything as it should be. Then, the second day when we arrive to The Bungaloo in Paisley the nightmare started. The promoter didn't show up (ignoring calls and texts) and the owner of the venue wasn't even aware of our show! So, even we have a signed contract, obviously it was impossible to get the show done.
The following day in Sheffield was different. With a signed contract stating that we would be getting our fee in advance, the promoter said that she was sorry but she had some kind of problem with her account and was unable to do the transfer but we would be getting paid as soon as arrival. We explained her the bad experience of the previous night but she said that it wouldn't be any problem. Then, once at the venue she offered a small part of the fee in advance and not all as she promised, but that shw would give is the rest before our performance. First bad signal. Then, about a couple of hours later we asked for the rest and she said that the sound guy was gonna give it to us after the show. Second bad signal. When we asked why we couldn't have it at that moment she said that she was scared that we would run away with the money. Third bad signal. I never hear of any band ever doing something like that, not to mention that our stage was all setup already. At this point it was clear that we weren't gonna be paid, so that's why we decided to leave.

We have played over 300 shows and canceled 3. Records spoke by themselves.
Anybody is welcome to approach us in our shows and see what kind of people we are.
Happy new year!

Well, apologies for the bad words used against you. Irrespective of what you may or may not have done, you still make some good fucking music so you've still got a fan in me :yes:

Will possibly get to Newcastle date

skiltron
Lowly Peon

Postby skiltron » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:00 pm

No problem mate. Always good to hear the true side of the story:)
Hope to see you in Newcastle then!