Sublime Terror Fest London 16th to 18th October

Share tour news and event information in here.
jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Re: Sublime Terror Fest London 16th to 18th October

Postby jwh20 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:30 pm

UKDF wise it's not 'new' perse the brand is established with the Maryland and Netherlands versions, and they also have the Quebec, California and Stockholm ones so I think it's less risky. It's cosmic void's ticket prices that are going to harm it as an absolute newcomer.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:59 pm

jwh20 wrote:UKDF wise it's not 'new' perse the brand is established with the Maryland and Netherlands versions, and they also have the Quebec, California and Stockholm ones so I think it's less risky. It's cosmic void's ticket prices that are going to harm it as an absolute newcomer.

I think when Incineration fest was a 2 day fest at the Dome, tickets were about £60 for the whole weekend and £35 for one day....significantly lower that the £100 for Cosmic Void fest, although the Ballroom and The Black Heart is a far better/more expensive venue. However the ability to buy one day tickets for the 2 day Incineration fest always worked in its favour, with lots of people just doing the one day. And obviously the Dome is a much smaller venue that the Ballroom, so less of a challenge to fill the venue.

Will only being able to buy weekend tickets at a high price kill Cosmic Void? Let's hope not cos the line up looks banging so far. And at least they're announcing bands well in advance, unlike Lords Of The Land, which looks totally doomed now.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:59 am

It depends on if they get a big name considering a lot of those announced are VERY niche.

Shame about LOTL. I went in 2017 (or whichever year it was Autopsy) and had one of the best days of my life.