Cosmic Void Festival - Camden - 3rd & 4th October

Share tour news and event information in here.
bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Re: Cosmic Void Festival - Camden - 3rd & 4th October

Postby bloodfiend » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:28 pm

houston4044 wrote:I didn't even notice that and I keep an eye out for it :o
What was the name of the Scottish fest that had booked Behemoth and Arch Enemy before it got cancelled?

Heavy Scotland? It didn't get cancelled, it went ahead.Though I don't think there's been another one, so presumably it didn't do that well.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:38 pm

houston4044 wrote:Don't get why these fests jump right to Underworld and Ballroom rather than start smaller at The Dome/Boston Arms which is only up the road.

Book a band who are a rarity but not all that expensive, chuck in a 3/4 similar bands and a ton of bands who'll play for peanuts and hey presto, you have yourself a day festival in London :lol:

Incineration fest was at the Dome for a few years, tbh it's far better and more fun in Camden with the different venues. Incineration has a captive audience now and can sell out, these 2 new fests are definitely taking a big risk starting big.

Although you could accuse Incineration fest of following the format above, this fest does seem to be booking far more unique bands who rarely play the UK, I doubt that's gonna be enough to get people to fork out the huge ticket price, but the bands announced so far definitely aren't the usual suspects that always play London.

Oh and they just announced Endezzma today.... no, I've never heard of them neither. I assume they're banking on the lots of people coming from far away and other countries, like a UK version of Inferno fest or something, we'll if so they need the announcements need to improve!

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:51 pm

Carpathian forest.

Bands are getting bigger.
I see the bad moon arising.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:31 pm

Ghost wrote:Carpathian forest.

Bands are getting bigger.

Doing Black Shining Leather and the new album, quite a coup for a new fest to get a set like that.

It's starting to look very good, certainly more attractive to me than that death fest. I'll see how the next announcements pan out, but this looks very good so far.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:41 pm

bloodfiend wrote:
houston4044 wrote:I didn't even notice that and I keep an eye out for it :o
What was the name of the Scottish fest that had booked Behemoth and Arch Enemy before it got cancelled?

Heavy Scotland? It didn't get cancelled, it went ahead.Though I don't think there's been another one, so presumably it didn't do that well.

That's the one thanks, my old memory is going; thought it was cancelled :lol:

bloodfiend wrote:
Incineration fest was at the Dome for a few years, tbh it's far better and more fun in Camden with the different venues. Incineration has a captive audience now and can sell out, these 2 new fests are definitely taking a big risk starting big.

Oh I know, I meant why not start off at the Dome and build up over the years before expanding into Camden.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:03 pm

houston4044 wrote:Oh I know, I meant why not start off at the Dome and build up over the years before expanding into Camden.

Yeah I knew you meant that, I was just citing Incineration as an example of a business model that these fest should follow, rather than going berserk and going for 2 day fests at the ballroom before they've even got a loyal audience... this has an air of Alt Fest about it in the "too much, too soon" stakes.

Actually I believe Incineration started at the Garage, which shows how wary they were with their first festival before they went bigger.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:28 pm

bloodfiend wrote: this has an air of Alt Fest about it

Still gutted that was cancelled :lol:

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:06 pm

Belphegor.

This will end up being worth the money after all. Incineration fest have some competition.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:18 pm

Looking very good, although the last couple of announcements haven't been such rarities as the first few.

Still hoping for Darkspace.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:58 am

Ghost wrote:
bloodfiend wrote: this has an air of Alt Fest about it

Still gutted that was cancelled :lol:

Now there's a name I haven't heard in awhile :lol:

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:20 pm

Harikari For The Sky now

Good, but still not Darkspace.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:18 pm

Sur Austru

who are apparently the new version of Negura Bunget, another nice addition, if not exactly a well known band.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:52 am

I think these fests will struggle even more now with the coronavirus. People may delay buying tickets because no one knows what social events the government may cancel in the future.

gavdann
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby gavdann » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:00 am

Ghost wrote:I think these fests will struggle even more now with the coronavirus. People may delay buying tickets because no one knows what social events the government may cancel in the future.

I'd like to think people won't still be talking about Coronavirus in October. According to the news, the original province in China where the outbreak began has seen a dramatic reduction in the number of new cases over the past 1-2 weeks.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:04 am

Ghost wrote:I think these fests will struggle even more now with the coronavirus. People may delay buying tickets because no one knows what social events the government may cancel in the future.

I don't think it'll have that big an impact on events this far in advance, for events up until like May probably but if anything it'll help events further ahead*. I imagine most events will be cancelled in the near future if the govt does lock down over it, the adverse PR, shut down of public transport and possible legal ramifications for events that do try and go ahead will probably lead them to cancelling too.

Once spring/summer rolls around the coronavirus spread will probably drop (it'll still be around but cases/contagion won't be at levels as it is now) and people will cautiously return to normal.

Or I could be totally wrong and I'll eat my words from my underground bunker once the supplies run out :P

*if events get cancelled and refunded this time of the year, people will have money freed up for later in the year.