Epica + Apocalyptica UK shows

Share tour news and event information in here.
Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Epica + Apocalyptica UK shows

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:29 am

As part of the Epic Apocalypse European Tour.

5/12 London, Roundhouse
7/12 Bristol, O2 Academy
8/12 Glasgow, O2 Academy
9/12 Manchester, Academy

Support from Wheel.

I will be able to squeeze in the London show before a potential work trip to San Francisco. If I don't do that trip I'll go to two shows.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Re: Epica + Apocalyptica UK shows

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:44 am

Can't they get anyone better than Apocalyptica?

I assume this means we're gonna get a load of Epica songs with cellos in their set.

Should be a new album soon, hope it's an improvement on The Holographic Principle, that was a huge let down after how killer The Quantum Enigma was.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:59 pm

From the interviews Blabbermouth has been cherry picking quotes for their headlines, it looks like the new album will be released in summer or autumn. They've finished pre-production and are currently recording.

I think 'The Holographic Principle' is a great album, but it was my introduction to Epica so I am a bit biased!

Methuen
Warrior of Metal

Postby Methuen » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:32 am

Another one BOA didn't get, for some reason :lol:

Looking forwards to this - it's been yeaaaaars since I've had the chance to see Epica, and I've enjoyed everything they've put out. I haven't listened to Apocalyptica ever - I just remember a Metallica covers band - I'll have to get a best-of or something !

Black Wizard wrote:I think 'The Holographic Principle' is a great album, but it was my introduction to Epica so I am a bit biased!

Not my introduction to them, but I think it's an excellent record - really shows where this kind of music can be taken with a little intelligent writing.
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:52 am

Methuen wrote:Not my introduction to them, but I think it's an excellent record - really shows where this kind of music can be taken with a little intelligent writing.

My introduction to them was seeing them play to a few people at the Underworld way back in 2004. Got The Phantom Agony after that, which I've always found very meh, Consign To Oblivion was a huge improvement on that for me.

My favourite albums by them are The Quantum Enigma and Design Your Universe, I just felt The Holographic Principle was very bland after what had come before.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:56 pm

Are Epica the headliners? Would be grand if Apocalyptica went on last, don't fancy having to sit through them again

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:21 am

houston4044 wrote:Are Epica the headliners? Would be grand if Apocalyptica went on last, don't fancy having to sit through them again

Epica will definitely headline, they're way bigger than Apocalyptica.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:22 am

houston4044 wrote:Are Epica the headliners? Would be grand if Apocalyptica went on last, don't fancy having to sit through them again

From the way the bands are listed it looks like Apocalyptica might be headliners, which is a surprise to me as I didn't realize anybody still cared about them. I would rather see 90 minutes of Epica than 90 minutes of Apocalyptica, but since the Roundhouse is just a little bit too far away from Paddington to leave at 11 and make the 11:30 train I wouldn't mind leaving the show early. Particularly so if I have to get a 12 hour flight from Heathrow the next day!

I got myself a ticket for London this morning. Epica and Nightwish in the same month. Not bad.

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:08 pm

This will end up being the 5th time I've bought tickets to see Epica without actually liking them. If only their music was good as their choice of supports.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:13 pm

Black Wizard wrote:From the way the bands are listed it looks like Apocalyptica might be headliners, which is a surprise to me as I didn't realize anybody still cared about them.

It's a co-headlining tour, and they've done two posters for it - one with Epica as the first name, the other with Apocalyptica. I assume the order on the night will come down to who's bigger in each territory. I would have guessed that's Epica here, but I couldn't guarantee it.

Image Image
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:22 am

Postponed, unsurprisingly. The UK shows are split up a bit now. The London show is now on a Tuesday which is extremely irritating.

16/04 Nottingham
17/04 Glasgow
18/04 Bristol
27/04 London
28/04 Manchester

samlewis45
Definitely Not Nu

Postby samlewis45 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:43 am

Black Wizard wrote:The London show is now on a Tuesday which is extremely irritating.

Yup! I've asked for a refund as it just won't be practical - but I might go to Nottingham instead as it kinda ties in with some other plans I already have.