Damnation Festival 2020

Share tour news and event information in here.
houston4044
Denim Demon

Damnation Festival 2020

Postby houston4044 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:29 pm

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/s960x960/87413016_3095062873859236_1392572918717743104_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=PyJvo4UwR4sAX9aPAVF&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=473c1f0c40b25195f8c7ea79d0414359&oe=5EF42FC5

Once again can't post an image :?

Pig Destroyer, Onslaught, Pallbearer, High Command, Morne, Gatecreeper, Behold the Arctopus, Devil Master and Irist

Not a bad start

gavdann
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Re: Damnation Festival 2020

Postby gavdann » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:08 am

houston4044 wrote:Pig Destroyer, Onslaught, Pallbearer, High Command, Morne, Gatecreeper, Behold the Arctopus, Devil Master and Irist

Not a bad start

This looks awesome but Leeds is a non starter for me. :x

I really want to see Devil Master so hopefully they'll add a London date whilst they're here.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:05 pm

Never seen a good Damnation lineup, probably never will. Luckily London is booking good festival lineups now without all the same basic shit.

gavdann
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby gavdann » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:35 pm

jwh20 wrote:Never seen a good Damnation lineup, probably never will. Luckily London is booking good festival lineups now without all the same basic shit.

:lol:

Fair enough.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:06 pm

I almost always find a good chunk of stuff to watch at damnation, but this doesn't thrill me so far.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Splatterthrash
Powermetal Child

Postby Splatterthrash » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:38 pm

Nothing that really grabs my attention but the venue puts me off anyway.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:44 am

gavdann wrote:This looks awesome but Leeds is a non starter for me. :x

I really want to see Devil Master so hopefully they'll add a London date whilst they're here.

Leeds is fairly straight forward for me to get to from London, so Damnation's a regular fixtures for me, nice hotels around there too (city is a dive though).

Damnation always has enough to make it a worthwhile trip for me, but this isn't too great as a first announcement - like Pallbearer, Gatecreeper, Devil Master and Morne, but I hate grindcore so Pig Destroyer are a crap announcement for me, I don't care about Onslaught, Behold The Arctopus sound horrific, and I haven't heard of the rest.

zombieman
Consort of the Beast

Postby zombieman » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:04 pm

bloodfiend wrote:
gavdann wrote:This looks awesome but Leeds is a non starter for me. :x

Leeds is fairly straight forward for me to get to from London, so Damnation's a regular fixtures for me, nice hotels around there too (city is a dive though).

Damnation always has enough to make it a worthwhile trip for me, but this isn't too great as a first announcement - like Pallbearer, Gatecreeper, Devil Master and Morne, but I hate grindcore so Pig Destroyer are a crap announcement for me, I don't care about Onslaught, Behold The Arctopus sound horrific, and I haven't heard of the rest.

To be fair four out of the nine bands isn't bad. You don't want to like everything otherwise there'd be too many clashes.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:46 am

zombieman wrote:
To be fair four out of the nine bands isn't bad. You don't want to like everything otherwise there'd be too many clashes.

Damnation always has a decent line up for me so I ain't worried, and it's normally good enough for me to navigate seeing bands non stop with no breaks. It's just the high up bands (Pig Destoyer and Onslaught) aren't my kinda thing, so I'm hoping the other headliners are better.

zombieman
Consort of the Beast

Postby zombieman » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:17 am

bloodfiend wrote:
zombieman wrote:

Damnation always has a decent line up for me so I ain't worried, and it's normally good enough for me to navigate seeing bands non stop with no breaks. It's just the high up bands (Pig Destoyer and Onslaught) aren't my kinda thing, so I'm hoping the other headliners are better.

Just to confirm that none of the bands announced are headliners. Pig Destroyer did headline the second stage in 2012 so I suspect they will be high up on the Main Stage but there will be plenty of big bands (including all 4 headliners still to be announced).

gavdann
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby gavdann » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:59 am

zombieman wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:
zombieman wrote:

Just to confirm that none of the bands announced are headliners. Pig Destroyer did headline the second stage in 2012 so I suspect they will be high up on the Main Stage but there will be plenty of big bands (including all 4 headliners still to be announced).

I've just realised that's the 80's thrash Onslaught. I haven't seen them for years! I didn't even know they were back together but to be honest, I always thought they were mediocre to begin with.

I'd still be tempted with this as I like the variety of this lineup rather than all out bludgeoning death or all black but the cost of me getting to Leeds and the chances of Greater Anglia putting on rail replacement buses is high.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:29 am

gavdann wrote:I've just realised that's the 80's thrash Onslaught. I haven't seen them for years! I didn't even know they were back together but to be honest, I always thought they were mediocre to begin with.

Where have to been, They reformed 15 years ago :lol:

I don't like their old albums but the 3 albums since they reformed are a vast improvement in my opinion. They're a faster more aggressive sounding thrash band now, they sound more like Suicidal Angels.
I see the bad moon arising.

gavdann
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby gavdann » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:27 pm

Ghost wrote:
gavdann wrote:I've just realised that's the 80's thrash Onslaught. I haven't seen them for years! I didn't even know they were back together but to be honest, I always thought they were mediocre to begin with.

Where have to been, They reformed 15 years ago :lol:

I don't like their old albums but the 3 albums since they reformed are a vast improvement in my opinion. They're a faster more aggressive sounding thrash band now, they sound more like Suicidal Angels.

Clearly under a rock! That sounds interesting though so I'll give them a blast.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:06 pm

gavdann wrote:Clearly under a rock! That sounds interesting though so I'll give them a blast.

They've played BOA 3 times since reforming :lol:

gavdann
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby gavdann » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:52 pm

houston4044 wrote:
gavdann wrote:Clearly under a rock! That sounds interesting though so I'll give them a blast.

They've played BOA 3 times since reforming :lol:

Yeah well, I've never been to BOA. :lol:

I've just listened to VI and Ghost is right, they sound a lot better than the first incarnation. It reminded me of Testament as well so I'd happily see them live again... just not Leeds. :D