Third Headliner Possibilities

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Third Headliner Possibilities

Postby Skippy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:38 pm

People throw around the same names every year, it gets a bit boring now. Wait and see who's touring, who has a new album or a tour, or who plays Wacken or other festivals. By the time they get around to announcing it it will be incredibly obvious.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:53 pm

Tet wrote:
Killing_time wrote:Can't see 2 power metal headliners

Given that neither Nightwish or Gojira are power metal, that's not an issue.

I class Nightwish as Power Metal as i class Symphonic as Power! Fine line between the 2 genres. We must be looking at more classic or extreme for the 3rd headliner so could be Watain or Emperor or something classic like Judas priest or Whitesnake

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:37 pm

Whitesnake are playing a tiny club in Oxford so I can't see the headlining.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:53 pm

Black Wizard wrote:Whitesnake are playing a tiny club in Oxford so I can't see the headlining.

Erm. Whitesnake headlined Ramblin Man last year and can still play arenas. They have no current tour dates.

Who ever is calling themselves Whitesnake is not Whitesnake. Maybe an ex member or two. Or a tribute act like Whitesnake UK.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:42 pm

OK. Oops! :lol:

minimustain
Warrior of Metal

Postby minimustain » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:10 pm

I am really struggling to understand some peoples way of thinking. Some of the bands mentioned are either to small or to big its not rocket science to know which bands would be suitable to headline. I mean no disrespect. But do people really think that Electric wizard or saxon or waitain are big enough to headline these days. In 05 or 06 yeah sure but not now.
Korn i would say cost to much. In flames would sub. Priest could headline but sadly it wont be next year as nightwish is the big band. Gojira is a smart booking in a way in an other i find it a lazy booking they only played last year surly its to soon for them. Alice cooper........ recently......... id hardly call 6 years recent.
Alice cooper or manson would be great i can see one of them. Scorpions could be a shout.
Helloween would sub like Blind Gurdian did this year.

So let's look at it. Nightwish big band for 2018 returning after 10 years and a step back to what traditionally bloodstock did.
Gojira there first uk festival headline show boa loves being the first to put on first time headliners there they lazy booking but a smart booking for the majority of bloodstockers.
Now friday friday tends to have a smaller headliner but i feel it could be a midcard band Disturbed ffdp bfmv sabaton would be great but cant see boa booking them next year as a headliner 2019 would be a good shout.
Lamb of God king dimond maybe holograme Dio show. But will all have to wait n see.

I can see Sabaton headlining one year judas priest and possibly Ozzy Osbourne. There slightly bigger then other headliners but with two smaller headliners it could be possible to book one of them.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:22 pm

Saxon play the same or bigger venues than In Flames, Gojira, Amon Amarth and Sabaton. They also play more dates than those bands, usually about 10 or 12 dates rather than four or five, and don't need joint headlining or package tours to do it. They could easily headline and could even play a three hour set full of genuine hits.

Talking about unrealistic headliners. Ozzy Osbourne can headline Download....
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:31 pm

minimustain wrote:I am really struggling to understand some peoples way of thinking.

Likewise...
bfmv would be great

What kind of festival do you think this is? :?

Some of the bands mentioned are either to small or to big its not rocket science to know which bands would be suitable to headline.

For example...
possibly Ozzy Osbourne

Far too big for Bloodstock.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:47 pm

The Dio hologram would be a total waste of a slot and pissing on his legacy (no matter if Wendy Dio sanctioned it). I hope to never see it on the Bloodstock bill.
Last edited by CharlesDexterWard on Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:58 pm

I would actually be pretty happy with Saxon headlining!

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:04 pm

Also, the fact that Gojira are on the Saturday makes me think they are our "commercial" band. I imagine Nightwish are going to be the biggest, most expensive band so could easily see Saxon or someone of a similar size headlining the Friday.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:23 am

CharlesDexterWard wrote:The Dio hologram would be a total waste of a slot and pissing on his legacy (no matter if Wendy Dio sanctioned it). I hope to never see it on the Bloodstock bill.

I agree. Any slot that a hologram might take on a festival bill would be better taken up by an artist who is still alive. I also think that Metal needs to move on from the deaths of Ronnie James Dio and Dimebag Darrell. Lets focus on those who are still with us guys.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:11 pm

Saxon have always been big enough to headline but for some reason always end up 3rd of 4th on the bill. They're much bigger than many of the headliners we've had.

Big NO for the Dio hologram from me too.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:29 pm

To be honest I think that something like that would work much better in a theatre anyway.

Not my sort of thing though. I'm not even that bothered about tribute bands. They're alright in a pub, but I wouldn't pay to see one. Some of them charge as much as the real bands charge.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:58 pm

I'll be seeing The Iron Maidens in Reading in a couple of months. Thankfully they don't charge as much as the real thing!