Third Headliner Possibilities

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: Third Headliner Possibilities

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:14 pm

That's a bit different though.

What I mean is the big name acts like The Australian Pink Floyd, The Bootleg Beatles and the like, that are virtual replicas of the band. I believe they charge about £50 a ticket.

There was a story that the singer from Hot Chocolate found a tribute band were charging more than they were. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

minimustain
Warrior of Metal

Postby minimustain » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:54 am

Yeah maybe people would be happy with saxon headlining but its not gonna happen. Are people blind??? Yeah ok saxon are legends n yeah they could do a 3 set but again it ent gonna happen. Saxon headlined back in 01 indoor festival n again in 03. If they did not headline in 09 or 2014 it ent gonna happen. Saxon will be 3rd from top people need to realise this. Look whos headlined in the past do your home work.
Ozzy Osbourne maybe to big but i did say hes slightly biggger then other acts boa have booked i also said thats who i would like to see headline like wise with judas priest.
N bfmv are realistic they had Trivium in 15 ffs. Bloodstock is still expanding it will likly get to 20 k cap n stay that way. N your telling me saxon headline a 20 k cap festival. They don't even sell out academy Venus these days. Saxon are great and metal legends but wont headline. Look who is selling out academys u may get an idia.

Ozzy wont headline download. 2 big for 2nd stage n andy copping will book him as special guest not headliner.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:09 am

First of all, I can barely make out what you're trying to say. :lol:

N bfmv are realistic they had Trivium in 15 ffs.

They are not realistic. I admit that I haven't bothered to listen to either band for a few years but from from I know of each band's older material Trivium were far closer to the remit of Bloodstock than Bullet for my Valentine, who I've always considered to be a glorified emo band playing Metal riffs. I'm not saying thing as some anti-emo Metalhead rant, I just don't think they're anything close to Bloodstock-worthy. I'm sure you'll be able to see them at Download next year though. :)

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:14 am

BFMV would go down about as well as Trivium did in 2015.

Great, if your intention is to empty the arena.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:58 am

If Saxon can't headline because they don't sell out academies then by the same merit BFMV can't, I went to their Poison in full show at Brixton the other year and that didn't sell out with big name support (which Saxon don't normally have) and their big album in full :lol:

What with all that has gone down I wonder if Down would ever be in contention again?

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:07 am

minimustain wrote:Yeah maybe people would be happy with saxon headlining but its not gonna happen. Are people blind??? Yeah ok saxon are legends n yeah they could do a 3 set but again it ent gonna happen. Saxon headlined back in 01 indoor festival n again in 03. If they did not headline in 09 or 2014 it ent gonna happen. Saxon will be 3rd from top people need to realise this. Look whos headlined in the past do your home work.
Ozzy Osbourne maybe to big but i did say hes slightly biggger then other acts boa have booked i also said thats who i would like to see headline like wise with judas priest.
N bfmv are realistic they had Trivium in 15 ffs. Bloodstock is still expanding it will likly get to 20 k cap n stay that way. N your telling me saxon headline a 20 k cap festival. They don't even sell out academy Venus these days. Saxon are great and metal legends but wont headline. Look who is selling out academys u may get an idia.

Ozzy wont headline download. 2 big for 2nd stage n andy copping will book him as special guest not headliner.

:?

First off Ozzy could easily headline Download. It's just been for the fact that he's been messing around with Black Sabbath for the last few years. I don't think they've toured as a band for about ten years.

I think it's you who needs a history lesson.

Saxon hadn't played the UK for about ten years when they headlined the indoor Bloodstock. They and Heavy Metal in general was dead in the UK. Around that time I saw most of the major bands play to a handful of people in clubs.

That gig was the springboard to them regaining a fan base. Over the next few years they have regained that fan base and are now selling more albums than most other bands. The more recent ones have charted. They now play the bigger Academies and not just one date in London like most bands, but 10 or 12 dates around the country.

Look who is selling out academys u may get an idia.

Erm. Saxon? They play the same venues as Amon Amarth, Sabaton, In Flames, Gojira, etc. And pack them out without needing other bands on the bill to do it. Amon Amarth don't. In Flames don't. Gojira don't.

Could any of those bands headline Wacken? Saxon have.

Yes we know it's not going to happen. But it's only because the festival organisers won't give Saxon a headlining slot.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

minimustain
Warrior of Metal

Postby minimustain » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:56 pm

I wont, wont, WONT GO TO THAT BALL SHIT FESTIVAL EVER DOWNLOAD CAN GO TO HELL.
thank you u know saxon wont headline clap clap clap. Took long enough for sombody else to admit it. And bfmv unfortunately are realistic look who and how boa have booked in the past. Idont want it heck i did not even want Trivium nor did half the festival goers but it did not stop them. You may want saxon thats fair but at least u know its not gonna happen
But this is menna be a realistic who could headline. Some people need to look at the fantasy lineup thread.

Black wizard u cant read what iam typing just cause its not got much grammer does not make it impossible to read its not a frigging English exam. Plus dude iam slightly dislexsic.

Ozzy has not toured ozzfest 2010 hes done a 1 or two other dates in the UK. Yeah ozzys been busy with sabbath yes thats why ozzy has not toured yes ok.

But the fact still remains Andy copping the band booker for drownload would NOT BOOK OZZY AS A MAINSTAGE HEADLINER IN 2018 HE WOULD BE SPECIAL GUESTS .if it was still 1986 yeah he would headline unfortunately it wont happen these days. Anyway ozzy Osbourne is more likly to do Ozzfest again fingers crossed for that.

But i can see Manson Cooper Rob zombie ffdp bfmv. Lamb of God king dimond. . Disturbed could possible
be a shout one year maybe not next year.
But one year Sabaton have to Headline. Imo.

minimustain
Warrior of Metal

Postby minimustain » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:09 pm

End of the day. The bookers will book whos populure. Whos sold well at venues. Album sales etc that plays a massive factor. Also who the bloodstockers like Gojira would not even headline 2nd stage at shitload so only reason why there headlining is cause of boa wanting to be the first to put them on as a headliner. Its also cause the bookers love them. Thats why trivium headlined vicky was hanging out with Trivium for most of late 14 n early 15.
Give it 5 years king 810 will headline. The bookers love them. But thankfully boa arnt completely we will only book bands we like unlike other festivals.

Alot of things will be considered on whos headlining. Whos worth the final slot. Whos gonna pull people in and whos avalible. Whos big enough.

Saxon are amazing but if they headlined 2018 it would be a step backwards. They may aswell have Edguy or children of bodom headline. It wont happen now not these days. Bloodstock has grown and with growth comes bigger bands.

But iv said my peace if people cant understand then meh.
Will all find out by the end of the year hopfully.

fishwicks
Powermetal Child

Postby fishwicks » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:28 pm

minimustain wrote:End of the day. The bookers will book whos populure. Whos sold well at venues. Album sales etc that plays a massive factor. Also who the bloodstockers like Gojira would not even headline 2nd stage at shitload so only reason why there headlining is cause of boa wanting to be the first to put them on as a headliner. Its also cause the bookers love them. Thats why trivium headlined vicky was hanging out with Trivium for most of late 14 n early 15.
Give it 5 years king 810 will headline. The bookers love them. But thankfully boa arnt completely we will only book bands we like unlike other festivals.

Alot of things will be considered on whos headlining. Whos worth the final slot. Whos gonna pull people in and whos avalible. Whos big enough.

Saxon are amazing but if they headlined 2018 it would be a step backwards. They may aswell have Edguy or children of bodom headline. It wont happen now not these days. Bloodstock has grown and with growth comes bigger bands.

But iv said my peace if people cant understand then meh.
Will all find out by the end of the year hopfully.

Completely agree with this

MadManiac
Warrior of Metal

Postby MadManiac » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:11 pm

bloodfiend wrote:of the ones that have been suggested so far:

Judas Priest - clearly not gonna happen, a large amount would have already been spent getting Nightwish, and Priest always price themselves out.
Helloween - once again, likely to be too expensive for what they are, wouldn't get a huge crowd and wouldn't justify the fee.
Electric Wizard - nowhere near main stage headline level, but would make a great Sophie headliner...that said, they've been dire the last couple of times I've seen them.
Sabaton - a definite possibility considering they've been recycling headliners from 3 years ago for the last 2 years.
Machine Head - maybe, hardly blew the place apart last time though, and there doesn't seem to have been much demand for them back
Killswitch Engage - definitely big enough, but I really hope it's not them!

I guess they'll probably go for a more mainstream headliner, so Sabaton, Rob Zombie, Killswitch Engage, Disturbed, Machine Head, Korn and Lamb Of God are are possibilities...I'd hate them all except Sabaton though.

Well going with your possibilities i would put my money on Sabaton but i would like Lamb of God or Machine Head even though you don't like them. With the line up now i am booking only the day ticket but that all rides on the last headliner.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:49 pm

minimustain wrote:I wont, wont, WONT GO TO THAT BALL SHIT FESTIVAL EVER DOWNLOAD CAN GO TO HELL.
thank you u know saxon wont headline clap clap clap. Took long enough for sombody else to admit it. And bfmv unfortunately are realistic look who and how boa have booked in the past. Idont want it heck i did not even want Trivium nor did half the festival goers but it did not stop them. You may want saxon thats fair but at least u know its not gonna happen

I'm sure the festival organizers took note of how Trivium were received. They're not stupid. Bullet for my Valentine would go down like a lead balloon at Bloodstock and booking them would shit all over what the festival has done since its inception.

tmcgoay
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby tmcgoay » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:56 am

I'm hoping for a black/death metal headliner. Emperor, Dimmu, Behemoth.

I don't think that Watain are likely as rumour has it they caused issues last time.

I have a horrible feeling that they are going to go a bit more mainstream and either re·Book machine head or lamb of god
BOA '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `18, '19
Beermageddon '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `17, `18, '19
SRS '12
EMFA '20

http://www.pandemoniumclub.co.uk/
http://www.beermageddon.co.uk/

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:00 am

Dimmu aren't big enough and Behemoth went down to SG in 2016 so I doubt they'd headline again any time soon. Emperor I'd love.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:07 pm

Probably too big, but would a set by Rainbow be a possibility?
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:26 pm

Czech's Mate wrote:Probably too big, but would a set by Rainbow be a possibility?

With Blackmore? Way too expensive. Was charging around £50 IIRC at their latest shows.