Third Headliner Possibilities

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
h8breed
Lowly Peon

Re: Third Headliner Possibilities

Postby h8breed » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:02 pm

fluffkitten wrote:Dimmu aren't big enough and Behemoth went down to SG in 2016 so I doubt they'd headline again any time soon. Emperor I'd love.

Behemoth was only special guests in 2016 because Twisted Sister was headlining. Behemoth is still a big enough draw at Bloodstock for them to justify headlining again at some point in the future (hopefully by 2020 they will have headlined the festival again).

In terms of Emperor, I'd love them to play again but I'd prefer a regular set as opposed to them doing Anthems in full.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:41 am

Never really into them, but Poison toured America this year. They, could be a left field possibility.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:05 am

metaldinosaur wrote:Never really into them, but Poison toured America this year. They, could be a left field possibility.

They've played once in Europe for nearly 25 years, so can't see anyone other than Download getting them for their Dad Rock Sunday's or another package deal with Leppard.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:59 pm

Not fucking KORN.

Priest 01
Lowly Peon

Postby Priest 01 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:23 pm

What about Alice In Chains? Their working on a new album I think and I'm sure they'd go down well. Or a wildcard like Faith No More although I'll admit it's unlikely.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:02 pm

metaldinosaur wrote:Never really into them, but Poison toured America this year. They, could be a left field possibility.

From what I hear they would probably be out of BOA's price range, one of the reasons why they haven't done European shows is because they charge the same as they do in the US yet are far smaller over here. There are a few glam bands that could pull off headlining, it's getting them to drop their fee to reflect their size here that's the issue.

Priest 01 wrote:What about Alice In Chains? Their working on a new album I think and I'm sure they'd go down well. Or a wildcard like Faith No More although I'll admit it's unlikely.

I'd like both but can't see either happening

minimustain
Warrior of Metal

Postby minimustain » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:14 am

I really hope bloodstock are able to book a band that either has never played bloodstock or and has never headlined before. I dont think Alice in chains would. I think faith no more are to big. I can see Disturbed playing. I don't think Machine head will there not doing festivals anymore or so i read somewhere. Lamb of God king dimond could return. Alice cooper could headline. Marilyn Manson i can see being booked. Poisen would likly price them selfs out.
Killswitch engage i think are to small now. Ffdp maybe a possibility. Korn surly to big.
Thankfully slipknot bmth etc are to big.

But 3 names who imo are realistically headliners got BOA 2018 are
Marilyn Manson lamb of God or Alice Cooper.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:14 pm

Tbh I can't see the final headliner being a big, commercial band like some of the names mentioned (5FDP, Disturbed, Marilyn Manson etc.) I think Gojira will be our most "commercial" headliner and Nightwish the classic (expensive) headliner. I can see it taking a similar form to 2014 where we had Down headlining the Friday night - a wild card band of a similar size.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:00 am

Jay1993 wrote:Tbh I can't see the final headliner being a big, commercial band like some of the names mentioned (5FDP, Disturbed, Marilyn Manson etc.) I think Gojira will be our most "commercial" headliner and Nightwish the classic (expensive) headliner. I can see it taking a similar form to 2014 where we had Down headlining the Friday night - a wild card band of a similar size.

I always think of the commercial band being the one band that your average joe outside of the metal scene has heard of. If someone in work asks me what bands are playing at Bloodstock there are invariably only one they've ever heard of (Megadeth, Slayer, Motorhead, Alice Cooper, Twisted Sister etc.). I can bet your bottom dollar not one of them would know Gojira or Nightwish!

But Nightwish probably have cost a fair bit so it does seem unlikely we'll get another real big act.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:29 am

Nightwish had a fair bit of commerical exposure a few years ago before Tarja left, so I wouldn't rule out Average Joe having heard of Nightwish.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:28 pm

Black Wizard wrote:Nightwish had a fair bit of commerical exposure a few years ago before Tarja left, so I wouldn't rule out Average Joe having heard of Nightwish.

I'd be amazed frankly.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:58 pm

Well, I know one guy person who doesn't like Metal who has heard of Nightwish. That's enough, right?

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:07 pm

If it's any indication, then the barmaid in the pub that we go to is always putting Nightwish on. She's in her late fifties and dislikes Heavy Metal. More likely to play ABBA than Abbath.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:22 pm

Soze wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:Tbh I can't see the final headliner being a big, commercial band like some of the names mentioned (5FDP, Disturbed, Marilyn Manson etc.) I think Gojira will be our most "commercial" headliner and Nightwish the classic (expensive) headliner. I can see it taking a similar form to 2014 where we had Down headlining the Friday night - a wild card band of a similar size.

I always think of the commercial band being the one band that your average joe outside of the metal scene has heard of. If someone in work asks me what bands are playing at Bloodstock there are invariably only one they've ever heard of (Megadeth, Slayer, Motorhead, Alice Cooper, Twisted Sister etc.). I can bet your bottom dollar not one of them would know Gojira or Nightwish!

But Nightwish probably have cost a fair bit so it does seem unlikely we'll get another real big act.

Different world now to the 80s and 90s - musical more compartmented now with little mainstream exposure that bands got back then, so people would have heard the names, maybe heard a song on ToTP. Bands can be 'big' now but you're not hearing rock bands soundtrack montages on Match Of The Day etc - everything's based on singles and rock and metal abandoned that years ago - even ACDC, biggest band in terms of album sales, barely breached to top 100 single chart prior to their last album, so no AirPlay.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:01 pm

I'm hoping it will be Lamb of God or Machine Head too- or both (ffs). They would be expensive but no more than Megadave etc i wouldn't think. I am not inspired by Nightwish. Gojira can be ok.