Third Headliner Possibilities

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
houston4044
Denim Demon

Re: Third Headliner Possibilities

Postby houston4044 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:22 pm

Black Wizard wrote:A Lion cloth? :P

They're trying to appeal to a wider audience, might help flog a few tickets to people wondering if the band will get mauled mid-performance or not (or I could just admit to a spelling mistake)

someone else wrote:Parkway Drive were in the rumour mill for this year with many 'I know someone who knows someone who know the team' type comments. Maybe it was for next year... :(

Yep, that's why I brought them up again, beyond they were rumoured for last year and they're doing a European tour during the summer there is nothing else I know to substantiate it though.

metaldinosaur wrote:PD would be, for me, one of the worst possible headliners. Korn, ffdp, and trivium would all be preferable to that. Oh no.

Agree with you there

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:36 pm

Would anyone "lose their shit" if Parkway Drive get announced next weekend, negatively or positively?

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:07 pm

I'd batter people with chairs. Leather ones, so the veggies will suffer even more. :slap:

Seriously though. I don't think they are even in the equation. Surely they would want to play Download or even Leeds/Reading where they would get a better response?
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:28 pm

They might want to play 90 minutes at a festival. They have played at Reading & Leeds before actually. I think it was last year in the token "run of the mill modern Metal band" slot.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:33 pm

Yeah. But they would be playing to an empty field. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

florencethemachine
Consort of the Beast

Postby florencethemachine » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:24 pm

I think if we were to get a Core headliner it would probably be Killswitch Engage. I still think they need to get Wardruna in for a post Headliner set on Sunday. What a way to close! and yes I know they aren't metal.

Raven
Leather Rebel

Postby Raven » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:18 pm

Jesus Christ I hope none of the bookers read this forum and get ideas,parkway drive and korn? Fuck off :lol:

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:20 pm

I'm sure the bookers have decided to build on the glorious success of King810 and got Body Count locked in with Clawfinger as SG. :eyes:
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

fishwicks
Powermetal Child

Postby fishwicks » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:38 pm

Its not machine head they have a new album out in January and have reiterated no festivals next year

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:45 pm

Though Vicky did reply to it pointing out that the issues they brought up abou festivals doesn't apply to Bloodstock. I have a feeling they may end up back in 2019 or 2020.

Andy (Dr Sin)
Consort of the Beast

Postby Andy (Dr Sin) » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:23 pm

Judas Priest are mentioned every year - it would be awesome but I've given up hoping.

I do like Rob Zombie, but again? Too soon.

Too much to ask for King Diamond again?

Avantasia due a tour? That would do me.

Emperor though is the one for me, mainly because I drank a bottle of rum and blacked out last time they played BOA. All I remember is the fire.
Where's my old bloody account gone?!

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:27 pm

I saw Parkway Drive at Sonisphere 2011. I pray to every God that I never have to suffer them again...and yes I would lose my shit if they were announced!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:34 pm

fishwicks wrote:Its not machine head they have a new album out in January and have reiterated no festivals next year

http://teamrock.com/news/2017-09-18/machine-head-to-release-new-album-catharsis-in-january

Raven wrote:Jesus Christ I hope none of the bookers read this forum and get ideas,parkway drive and korn? Fuck off :lol:

Well they seem to ignore the good bands people brought up here so why start now? :P :lol:

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:59 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:Though Vicky did reply to it pointing out that the issues they brought up abou festivals doesn't apply to Bloodstock. I have a feeling they may end up back in 2019 or 2020.

What issues were these?

Andy (Dr Sin) wrote:Avantasia due a tour? That would do me.

I'm a big fan of Avantasia - they were the primary reason I went to the Saturday of BOA 2013 - but they're not a Bloodstock headliner, particularly now that the festival has grown since 2013. I think there's a good chance that Edguy will appear at BOA 2018 though, Tobi's inferior band.

fishwicks
Powermetal Child

Postby fishwicks » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:42 pm

Black Wizard wrote:
Haldamir319 wrote:Though Vicky did reply to it pointing out that the issues they brought up abou festivals doesn't apply to Bloodstock. I have a feeling they may end up back in 2019 or 2020.

What issues were these?

Andy (Dr Sin) wrote:Avantasia due a tour? That would do me.

I'm a big fan of Avantasia - they were the primary reason I went to the Saturday of BOA 2013 - but they're not a Bloodstock headliner, particularly now that the festival has grown since 2013. I think there's a good chance that Edguy will appear at BOA 2018 though, Tobi's inferior band.

Machine heads issues was being placed lower than chase n status at download in I think 2013, just been quoted saying they won't appear at any festivals next year or lower than headline and certainly not supporting a DJ set. Reading their interview they could still play as they would command headline status at bloodstock but hopefully they will stay true to no festivals in 2018