Third Headliner Possibilities

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Soze
Denim Demon

Re: Third Headliner Possibilities

Postby Soze » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:18 pm

Andy (Dr Sin) wrote:Avantasia due a tour? That would do me.

Avantasia drew a pitiful crowd when they were special guests a few years back and their stock hasn't risen in the UK at all since. Absolutely no chance of them headlining.

dvl666
Consort of the Beast

Postby dvl666 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:55 am

Soze wrote:
Andy (Dr Sin) wrote:Avantasia due a tour? That would do me.

Avantasia drew a pitiful crowd when they were special guests a few years back and their stock hasn't risen in the UK at all since. Absolutely no chance of them headlining.

Thank god for that, awful experience that was watching them but there are some scary names being mentioned in here like Korn and parkway drive, I'm not a fan of either band announced so far so I'm hoping for someone I like for the third headliner.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:44 am

I fear I am looking at a repeat of 2015 with headliners that do not interest me so far for 2018.

What made up for the headliners in 2015 was the undercard each day. I will console myself with that thought depending on the final headliner announcement.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

MadManiac
Warrior of Metal

Postby MadManiac » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:19 am

fishwicks wrote:Its not machine head they have a new album out in January and have reiterated no festivals next year

From all accounts they said they might not do festivals again. I am sure i heard it some where. :x

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:55 am

MadManiac wrote:
fishwicks wrote:Its not machine head they have a new album out in January and have reiterated no festivals next year

From all accounts they said they might not do festivals again. I am sure i heard it some where. :x

*cough*

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:00 am

I have a theory that Machine Head no longer do fests because he doesn't want to see Phil Anselmo. :lol:
I see the bad moon arising.

minimustain
Warrior of Metal

Postby minimustain » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:30 am

metalicbear wrote:I'm still leaning towards something like this on the Friday -

Five Finger Death Punch
Body Count
Sepultura
Exodus

Ffdp are the only band who could be considered as a headliner out of the list u gave. The rest are no way big enough sep and Exodus are more middle of the line up. Body count. Possible 3rd from top. The slot Testament had this year.

Judas priest or Ozzy Osbourne is a dream boa headliner for me.
But its gonnoa more likly be lamb of God or some other repeat. I hope not tho. Sabaton would be great imo.

MadManiac
Warrior of Metal

Postby MadManiac » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:25 pm

minimustain wrote:

Five Finger Death Punch
Body Count
Sepultura
Exodus

Ffdp are the only band who could be considered as a headliner out of the list u gave. The rest are no way big enough sep and Exodus are more middle of the line up. Body count. Possible 3rd from top. The slot Testament had this year.

Judas priest or Ozzy Osbourne is a dream boa headliner for me.
But its gonnoa more likly be lamb of God or some other repeat. I hope not tho. Sabaton would be great imo.

I would count out Lamb Of God due to they have not toured the UK and Europe since the terror attacks in Paris which is over a year ago. Would be nice to see them again but very much say a no no on that one. Sabaton did they not do there last tour i could be wrong on that one and as for Judas Priest again that would be a no no due to the fact they are not touring. My strong thoughts on this one is going to be Opeth or FFDP its going to be a repeat band no matter what.

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:48 pm

minimustain wrote:

Five Finger Death Punch
Body Count
Sepultura
Exodus

If you read what I wrote correctly, you would notice that Five Finger Death would be the headliner on the Friday, the other bands would be below them.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:25 pm

fishwicks wrote: Machine heads issues was being placed lower than chase n status at download in I think 2013, just been quoted saying they won't appear at any festivals next year or lower than headline and certainly not supporting a DJ set. Reading their interview they could still play as they would command headline status at bloodstock but hopefully they will stay true to no festivals in 2018

I think it's fair enough to be pissed off about playing second fiddle to Chase N Status. What a farce it was to have them on the line-up at Download. I don't have much interest in seeing them again, but I enjoyed them the one time I have seen them love but that was more than ten years ago now. They're not a band I've ever cared about much and I don't see what all the fuss is about.

metalicbear wrote:If you read what I wrote correctly, you would notice that Five Finger Death would be the headliner on the Friday, the other bands would be below them.

That seemed quite obvious to me. :P

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:46 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:As you should know by now most things on Wikipedia are incorrect.

This isn't actually true. There are plenty of independent studies showing it to have comparable levels of accuracy to more conventional encyclopaedias.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:52 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Not even heavy enough for Download. Next.

You say that, but I'd never heard of them until I had the misfortune to catch them at Download. Dreadful band.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

minimustain
Warrior of Metal

Postby minimustain » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:40 am

I cant blame Machine head after playing 2nd fiddle to lol chase n status (who had no buseness being there goes to show what Andy coppings thinking is like lmao)
But if i were machine head i would of played n named and shamed drownload. But MH would headline boa if they played so theres no worries there. Also download is full of shit . Its not what it once was. Its a pile of piss that i personally wont go back to. So cant blame MH atall.
Thankfully we have bloodstock in the UK. Best festival in the UK to.

Hopfully we get a decent headliner for Friday. No repeats or shocking bookings.

Oh king 810 haha they went down bad. The boos before they came out rang loud in the crowd. So hopfully they will not get rebooked as majority of boa attendents dont like them.

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:50 am

Tet wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:As you should know by now most things on Wikipedia are incorrect.

This isn't actually true. There are plenty of independent studies showing it to have comparable levels of accuracy to more conventional encyclopaedias.

Plus any well referenced article lets you read the primary sources for the information, you don't just have to take their word for it.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:01 am

I changed a former Lincoln City's player's wiki page to say that he was the son of a kangaroo. It wasn't changed back for over 6 months.

However I generally trust Wikipedia, you can usually tell if anything is fake.