Third Headliner Possibilities

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: Third Headliner Possibilities

Postby Jay1993 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:47 pm

Black Wizard wrote:Perhaps Judas Priest aren't as expensive as we all thought they are.

Yeah judging by the Facebook live with Ian Hill, it was mainly due to scheduling that JP haven't been able to play before.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:32 pm

Jay1993 wrote:Yeah judging by the Facebook live with Ian Hill, it was mainly due to scheduling that JP haven't been able to play before.

Ha ha ha ha. Errr... no. Scheduling will have played a part, certainly. But everything (and I mean everything) in the music world comes down to money. Always has and always will.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

fishwicks
Powermetal Child

Postby fishwicks » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:23 pm

I'm in the minority as Judas priest ,nightwish do nothing for me as headliners . Seen them both before and priest were ok nightwish not my thing at all. Gojira on the other hand can't wait to see and really impressed me live. So a Saturday day ticket looking likely and shows how diverse the metal world is.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:12 pm

Jay1993 wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:Perhaps Judas Priest aren't as expensive as we all thought they are.

Yeah judging by the Facebook live with Ian Hill, it was mainly due to scheduling that JP haven't been able to play before.

Well he's not exactly going to turn around and say "we're excited to finally be playing bloodstock now that they've met our asking price". He maybe telling the truth but I'd take it with a pinch of salt anyway.

1 headliner in JP that I'm very excited for and 2 so-so headliners for me, I'll probably end up seeing all of them but it's not a bad start.

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:09 am

Apparently this year was the first time their manager had been to the fest
Obvs liked what he saw

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:33 pm

Wonder if it's a chicken or egg situation, did they increase capacity for JP or as a way of making an offer for JP financially viable

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:11 pm

fishwicks wrote:I'm in the minority as Judas priest ,nightwish do nothing for me as headliners . Seen them both before and priest were ok nightwish not my thing at all. Gojira on the other hand can't wait to see and really impressed me live. So a Saturday day ticket looking likely and shows how diverse the metal world is.

You may end up liking loads of other bands on the Friday and Sunday, bit early to be writing the weekend off!

fishwicks
Powermetal Child

Postby fishwicks » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:55 pm

Soze wrote:
fishwicks wrote:I'm in the minority as Judas priest ,nightwish do nothing for me as headliners . Seen them both before and priest were ok nightwish not my thing at all. Gojira on the other hand can't wait to see and really impressed me live. So a Saturday day ticket looking likely and shows how diverse the metal world is.

You may end up liking loads of other bands on the Friday and Sunday, bit early to be writing the weekend off!

I'm not writing the weekend off, for various reasons next year was always going to be a day ticket only so I made my choice based on the headliner I liked the most.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:06 am

I think all three headliners are great - it couldn't be any better. I'm most excited about Nightwish as they've grown on me a lot since I saw them at Download last year, I've seen Gojira many times and Judas Priest twice but was underwhelmed the second time.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:02 pm

Black Wizard wrote:I think all three headliners are great - it couldn't be any better. I'm most excited about Nightwish as they've grown on me a lot since I saw them at Download last year, I've seen Gojira many times and Judas Priest twice but was underwhelmed the second time.

That's a point, wonder who'll headlining that next year. G'N'R?

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:13 pm

houston4044 wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:I think all three headliners are great - it couldn't be any better. I'm most excited about Nightwish as they've grown on me a lot since I saw them at Download last year, I've seen Gojira many times and Judas Priest twice but was underwhelmed the second time.

That's a point, wonder who'll headlining that next year. G'N'R?

i'd say Metallica are absolutely nailed on, i wouldn't at all be surprised by GNR either.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:36 pm

Did do a quick google of Download a couple of days ago to see who's playing next year, was very surprised that no one has been announced yet whilst Bloodstock already has all its headliners announced, usually it's the other way round :lol:

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:38 am

houston4044 wrote:That's a point, wonder who'll headlining that next year. G'N'R?

It's bound to be Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold. Ozzy might do it too. I'm sure Linkin Park would've been in the mix too.

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:15 am

Jay1993 wrote:Did do a quick google of Download a couple of days ago to see who's playing next year, was very surprised that no one has been announced yet whilst Bloodstock already has all its headliners announced, usually it's the other way round :lol:

Its Ozzy, a7x & G N' R

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:00 am

Given the names you've mentioned for DL, apart from Metallica and maybe G'n'R then BOA have the better picks for me, though admittedly DL will sell out on the back of G'n'R alone.