Next announcement

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Re: Next announcement

Postby jwh20 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:15 am

Metal Days already has such a solid undercard. 18 bands on the bill I listen to as opposed to three at bloodstock. If Priest got announced there (way too big though) that would be my decision made.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:43 am

The next Bloodstock announcement will be superb, I guarantee it. I haven't bothered getting an early bird ticket because the line up is so piss-poor so far, now that they've sold out it's almost certain they'll announce three or four bands I absolutely love. I predict Helloween as special guests plus Sigh on the Sophie stage and main stage slots for Hammerfall, Dark Tranquillity and Iced Earth.

north sea storm
Leather Rebel

Postby north sea storm » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:58 am

Agreed. The overall lineup so far is terrible. Only priest orden ogan and doro i would watch. So far im looking at travelling down friday afternoon watch priest and doro spend the night in solihull at my sisters. Watch orden ogan then go home.

Thrash Bandicoot
Definitely Not Nu

Postby Thrash Bandicoot » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:06 pm

Hoping that Download getting Bodycount means we will miss out on them. Line up isn't looking great so far, despite a strong start. But early enough in the announcing for that to shift back quite easily.

Would really like a solid next announcement though.

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:14 pm

I was told that 'Helloween need to realise they arent as big as tbey think they are over here if they wanna get booked'

Be happy as shit if they do play and bring Kiske tho

fishwicks
Powermetal Child

Postby fishwicks » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:36 pm

Boss keloid have an announcement next week, previously played Sophie stage

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast

Postby kurrupo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:56 pm

Can anyone see Children Of Bodom making an appearance? Been a few years since their last slot and they've been announced for a few other festivals I think. Subbing Gojira on Saturday maybe?

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:06 pm

fishwicks wrote:Boss keloid have an announcement next week, previously played Sophie stage

Not exactly hard for me to see around these parts, but I'd still be happy with that, great band.
kurrupo wrote:Can anyone see Children Of Bodom making an appearance? Been a few years since their last slot and they've been announced for a few other festivals I think. Subbing Gojira on Saturday maybe?

I've been expecting them to make a return for the last few years now, so wouldn't surprise me at all.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:45 pm

Soze wrote:The next Bloodstock announcement will be superb, I guarantee it. I haven't bothered getting an early bird ticket because the line up is so piss-poor so far, now that they've sold out it's almost certain they'll announce three or four bands I absolutely love. I predict Helloween as special guests plus Sigh on the Sophie stage and main stage slots for Hammerfall, Dark Tranquillity and Iced Earth.

I hope you're right on the superb announcement, particularly on Helloween, Iced Earth and Hammerfall.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:11 pm

Soze wrote:I predict Helloween as special guests plus Sigh on the Sophie stage and main stage slots for Hammerfall, Dark Tranquillity and Iced Earth.

They would all look good on the line up but I can't see them all of them in one announcement going down well, not diverse or mainstream friendly enough in one go....That and highly unlikely anyway :lol:

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:33 am

fishwicks wrote:Boss keloid have an announcement next week, previously played Sophie stage

Would love to see Boss Keloid return, brilliant band! I think they would get a higher Sophie slot this time if they do.

Luciam
Powermetal Child

Postby Luciam » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:27 am

kurrupo wrote:Can anyone see Children Of Bodom making an appearance? Been a few years since their last slot and they've been announced for a few other festivals I think. Subbing Gojira on Saturday maybe?

Played 3rd down last time, haven't really gotten bigger while the festival has, 3rd/4th down main stage wouldn't surprise me, heck maybe even the final Sophie headliner?

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:47 am

Luciam wrote:
kurrupo wrote: maybe even the final Sophie headliner?

Way too big for that I would say, most Sophie headliners only play venues that can hold 100's of people, Bodom can usually do alright at venues that can hold around 2000.

fishwicks
Powermetal Child

Postby fishwicks » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:22 pm

Jay1993 wrote:

Would love to see Boss Keloid return, brilliant band! I think they would get a higher Sophie slot this time if they do.

Yes me too loved their set when they played

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:45 pm

some_thing_wild wrote:I was told that 'Helloween need to realise they arent as big as tbey think they are over here if they wanna get booked'

Be happy as shit if they do play and bring Kiske tho

Another of these "I know" type posts?

You're an idiot that pretends that you know everything about the festival. I seem to recall that you "went on holiday" with the family and "knew" the headliners and still got it wrong. :lol:

Next,
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp