Next announcement

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: Next announcement

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:53 pm

Black Wizard wrote:If I remember correctly, someone said we have an announcement on 5th December (next Tuesday). I think there's a good chance it'll include Iced Earth as they've just announced a North American tour for February and March, which comes after a German and Greek tour in January. As they already have a couple of European festivals confirmed I'm guessing they'll spend summer doing a ton of festivals, hopefully including Bloodstock! After that's finished I can imagine they'll announce a proper tour for the end of the year.

Would Iced Earth warrant an announcement? Maybe a few years ago.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:14 am

You're suggesting they would just get quietly added to the line-up poster without being included in a press release?

Thrash Bandicoot
Definitely Not Nu

Postby Thrash Bandicoot » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:57 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Another of these "I know" type posts?

You're an idiot that pretends that you know everything about the festival. I seem to recall that you "went on holiday" with the family and "knew" the headliners and still got it wrong. :lol:

Next,

I generally tend to disregard any post on a public forum with "inside knowledge". The people that organisers / bands will tend to give that information to, is people that they know can keep it to themselves. I know leaks happen and sometimes mouths do run, but most the time people "in the know" are full of shit.

On another note though, I would be more than happy with Iced Earth. Their later output doesn't excite me in the same way that their earlier stuff does. But would still be a solid slot filler for me.

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:41 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
some_thing_wild wrote:I was told that 'Helloween need to realise they arent as big as tbey think they are over here if they wanna get booked'

Be happy as shit if they do play and bring Kiske tho

Another of these "I know" type posts?

You're an idiot that pretends that you know everything about the festival. I seem to recall that you "went on holiday" with the family and "knew" the headliners and still got it wrong. :lol:

Next,

Lol I didnt 'go on holiday with the family', I spoke to vicky and her husband on holiday
Calm down

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:26 am

Thrash Bandicoot wrote:I generally tend to disregard any post on a public forum with "inside knowledge".

Sometimes that's the right choice, sometimes it's not. I don't claim to be an insider, but I do move in circles where I get to meet various people in the music industry. Sometimes that means I find out information before the general public. Not once I have posted it here after doing so :-) But occasionally people do, though. I think the most I've done is drop a hint about an approximate musical style of a band that I know will be playing.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:36 am

I think the recent Iced Earth albums with the new singer are the best they've done since the 90s personally. Would love to see them again.

Thrash Bandicoot
Definitely Not Nu

Postby Thrash Bandicoot » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:49 pm

Tet wrote:Sometimes that's the right choice, sometimes it's not. I don't claim to be an insider, but I do move in circles where I get to meet various people in the music industry. Sometimes that means I find out information before the general public. Not once I have posted it here after doing so :-) But occasionally people do, though. I think the most I've done is drop a hint about an approximate musical style of a band that I know will be playing.

I'm not denying the odd one is right, but most the time it's just people full of crap. I think the majority of the leaks that come out are due to magazines rather than insider knowledge.

I am lucky enough that I have known a few things in the past, possibly similar to you in the fact I happen to know a few people involved in bands etc... But I wouldn't dream of posting it online.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:26 am

Soze wrote:I think the recent Iced Earth albums with the new singer are the best they've done since the 90s personally. Would love to see them again.

First one with the new singer was great, second one was total crap, new one is good.

Like this singer better than their previous ones, and they were great last time they played, would be happy for them to come back.

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:05 pm

fishwicks wrote:Boss keloid have an announcement next week, previously played Sophie stage

Their announcement is that they're signing with Holy Roar Records. Doesn't rule them out for Bloodstock of course.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

fishwicks
Powermetal Child

Postby fishwicks » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:20 pm

fluffkitten wrote:
fishwicks wrote:Boss keloid have an announcement next week, previously played Sophie stage

Their announcement is that they're signing with Holy Roar Records. Doesn't rule them out for Bloodstock of course.

Ahh just goes to show I know Jeff all, hope they do make an appearance really enjoyed their set.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:26 pm

Thrash Bandicoot wrote:I am lucky enough that I have known a few things in the past, possibly similar to you in the fact I happen to know a few people involved in bands etc... But I wouldn't dream of posting it online.

Amusingly, Vicky found out that I knew about some of the 2017 lineup before it was announced and was trying to find out which of the Bloodstock team had leaked it to me - when actually my information had come from a friend in Germany who knew that Blind Guardian had been booked (and told me a rumour about Amon Amarth as well, but didn't know if that was true or not - obviously it turned out that it was true).

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:01 pm

A bit of last minute guesswork on the announcement. I reckon we will get 4 or 5 bands.

I think we could get:
Korpiklaani - just announced for Wacken; popular folk band that ticks a box
Powerwolf - recently announced for Sabaton Open Air, and a much requested power metal act.
Unleash the Archers - BOA love to feature up and coming bands, and these guys just finished the UK leg of their last tour
Bleeding Gods - new album out in early Jan, recently announced for Metal Days, BOA always seems to have at least a band that Nuclear Blast are pushing a fair bit.
Lost Society - popular across Europe, though not that well known here (hence them playing middle of thre 4th stage at Download), could see them as an opening band on one of the days. Plus, there's isn't much / anything by the way of thrash yet, and I think that gets redressed.

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast

Postby kurrupo » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:53 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:Lost Society - popular across Europe, though not that well known here (hence them playing middle of thre 4th stage at Download), could see them as an opening band on one of the days. Plus, there's isn't much / anything by the way of thrash yet, and I think that gets redressed.

Lost Society is a great shout. One of those bands who I feel should be bigger here than they are. An opening slot could be just what they need to start rising through the ranks

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:50 pm

kurrupo wrote:
Haldamir319 wrote:Lost Society is a great shout. One of those bands who I feel should be bigger here than they are.

See, I'm the opposite. There are plenty of up and coming thrash bands that deserve a slot, but Lost Society aren't one of them. For me, they epitomise everything that was wrong with thrash in its heyday without incorporating any of the good parts. Poor vocals, uninspired guitar work and by the numbers blastbeat drumming. They just do nothing for me at all.

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast

Postby kurrupo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:18 am

Tet wrote:
kurrupo wrote:
Haldamir319 wrote:Lost Society is a great shout. One of those bands who I feel should be bigger here than they are.

See, I'm the opposite. There are plenty of up and coming thrash bands that deserve a slot, but Lost Society aren't one of them. For me, they epitomise everything that was wrong with thrash in its heyday without incorporating any of the good parts. Poor vocals, uninspired guitar work and by the numbers blastbeat drumming. They just do nothing for me at all.

That's a fair analysis. I suppose they are slightly generic and one-dimensional at times, I just find myself revisiting their albums frequently though for some reason. Any recommendations for newer thrash if you don't mind me asking?