Next announcement

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: Next announcement

Postby robin8585 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:21 am

2 bands I've never paid any attention to in Kamelot and Suicidal Tendencies, 1 I've never heard of in Mr Big, and Wednesday 13 who I didn't even know was still a thing. Not a brilliant announcement then on the face of it, but based on the universal approval on my Facebook feed for the first 3 I'll probably be making time to check them out.

fishwicks
Powermetal Child

Postby fishwicks » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:31 am

I can only attend the Saturday for next years bloodstock ,as I love gojira I was looking forward to see the undercard shape up. So far its complete meh not just Saturday but across the weekend. Mr big? Never seen that coming

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:46 am

Kamelot - fairly happy about, saw them a few times with Roy Khan and enjoyed them lots, don't know what the new singer's like. On record I find their recent stuff very boring, but the stuff from a decade plus ago is okay. Unexpected and good announcement.

Suicidal Tendencies - hahahaha. Oh well at least it's not Body Count, but still atrocious band.

Wednesday 13 - erm....no thanks. I guess this is a band for the people who watched Devilment last year, which is an extremely small contingent.

Mr Big - now this is very unexpected, saw them at Hellfest 2011, and despite hardly knowing anything by them I enjoyed them lots. Very good rock band who will surprise many that might think all their songs are just like that To Be With You wet lettuce.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:57 am

I missed Mr Big in Glasgow recently as they clashed with Deep Purple so I am happy to get the chance to see them.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Aerosol_Kid
Consort of the Beast

Postby Aerosol_Kid » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:09 pm

Well happy with Suicidal Tendencies, regardless of the sentiment on here, saw them in '89 supported by MOD - great days :O)
skull-wart wrote:Yes! Thor! Clearly the best (and most muscular and handsome) man I've ever seen at everything! I would love to see him headline every day, on every stage. At every festival and gig in this country and all of the others too.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:13 pm

jwh20 wrote:
Soze wrote:The next Bloodstock announcement will be superb, I guarantee it. I haven't bothered getting an early bird ticket because the line up is so piss-poor so far, now that they've sold out it's almost certain they'll announce three or four bands I absolutely love.

You were saying? Arse so far, I'll just go see Judas Priest and Nightwish at their own dates, already seeing Emperor at NDF and this is the worst undercard and probably overall lineup for bloodstock I've ever seen.

For me this is one of the best Bloodstock undercards (and overall line-ups) in several years as it's not full of extreme metal or 90s no-hit wonders for a change (not to mention Bloodstock finally remembering that power metal bands do exist!)

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:27 pm

Happy with Suicidal and Mr Big. I saw Suicidal on the Clash of the Titans tour 1990 and in 2002 and really enjoyed them both times.

Will need to check out Kamelot as don't know their stuff.

Wednesday13 is only meh part of the announcement for me.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

pinhead0303
Consort of the Beast

Postby pinhead0303 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:43 pm

Haha, fucking Mr Big :lol: Needless to say no one had them on the Bingo!

Possibly the most melodic announcement I can ever remember for Bloodstock (edit: okay, I should probably add in more recent years before the clever twats start reciting things from the early days :D ).
Last edited by pinhead0303 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:44 pm

Fairly happy with Kamelot, although I can't help feeling they conclude the portion of the mainstage that is power metal this year, and they aren't exactly my favourite. I wish they'd gone for a Powerwolf or Helloween instead.

Mr Big seem incredibly out of place. Maybe they'd do OK on the Sophie, but on main I just can't see them being well received. Which is a shame, they have a great singer.

Suicidal Tendencies are just crap. I don't like thrash much anyway, and when its crossed with hardcore, its even worse.

Wednesday 13 I feel like are only booked because of an internet argument my mate got in a few years back. Probably fit in well enough now, but I really don't care about him.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:08 pm

Skippy wrote:Mr Big seem incredibly out of place. Maybe they'd do OK on the Sophie, but on main I just can't see them being well received. Which is a shame, they have a great singer.

I dunno, they played a pretty heavy set at Hellfest (and left out To Be With You), and they got a big crowd and went down well. Whether there are proportionally more rock fans at Hellfest is debateable, but I'd say it's a similar crowd.

It's sad if a hard rock band doesn't go down well at BOA, considering Combichrist, an aggrotech/industrial band, are likely to go down well.

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:15 pm

This announcement has nothing for me(Well except I need to check out Mr Big) but its made a load of my friends happy so overall think its a decent announcement even if not to my personal taste

Thrash Bandicoot
Definitely Not Nu

Postby Thrash Bandicoot » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:31 pm

Kamelot - not as familiar with them as other power metal bands but I have enjoyed what I have heard. Would watch.

Mr Big - Never really heard anything, will get on with checking them out

Suicidal Tendencies - Never got them I must confess, will give them a miss.

Wednesday 13 - Never heard much of his solo stuff, although I did enjoy the Frankenstein Drag Queens From Planet 13 when I was more into punk so I will probably give him a go.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:09 pm

jwh20 wrote:You were saying? Arse so far, I'll just go see Judas Priest and Nightwish at their own dates, already seeing Emperor at NDF and this is the worst undercard and probably overall lineup for bloodstock I've ever seen.

Easily the worst Bloodstock line up so far, another bunch I've no interest in! I'd watch ST to be fair, they are great live, I just don't like much by them past their debut album. Kamelot are one of the few big name power metal bands I think are shit and I couldn't give a rat's ass about the other two. I'm doing Maiden in the run up to Bloodstock anyway, will save my money for the trip I think!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:40 pm

ST- Band of the announcement for me, great fun live and always get a place jumping

Kamelot- They're ok, never been that fussed either way.

Mr Big- Wow, left field booking :lol: was tempted to see them on the recent tour so at least BOA have saved me some cash here :D

Wednesday 13- I've known the name for ages but never listened to him, gave it a go today and no, style over substance in a big way. Generic and boring to me.

Looking at it, it's a very mixed and confusing line up so far, but hey, who'd have thought we'd have to wait this long for some thrash? :lol:

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:29 pm

Excellent announcement and overall the strongest line-up I can remember seeing. Shame I won't be there next year :x