Next announcement

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
dvl666
Consort of the Beast

Re: Next announcement

Postby dvl666 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:06 pm

I'd be happy with Body Count, saw them the other year and wasn't sure what to expect but they were really good.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:04 pm

cheesemason wrote:I'm hoping they are worried about the size of Download's now 60-band announcement, and they announce some higher up bands tomorrow.

Probably not tho! :lol:

After watching the video Utd have put out for the signing of Sanchez I hope BOA decide to hype up their announcement with equally cheesy announcement videos :lol:

I can
CharlesDexterWard wrote:Who I would like:
Tankard, Sacred Reich, Saxon, DTP, Exodus, Nile :yes:

JD_B3E5
Warrior of Metal

Postby JD_B3E5 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:40 pm

I've that there will be 52 bands announced for Download tomorrow. Probably only 10% will be worth a watch and the rest will be probably be stuffed with shit Pop Punk.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:36 am

Me liking 10% of a Download line up would be a surprise. I normally struggle finding 10 bands on the entire line up that I like. :lol:

Ten years ago I might have been interested in Ozzy, but he'll probably murder the songs by forgetting half the lyrics. :|
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:01 am

At The Gates is a cool announcement, but I've never listened to the others.

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:02 am

At The Gates are Sunday Special Guests which is surprising, don't think they are big enough really.

I love them though so wont complain too much!

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:03 am

Very happy with At the Gates and Exhorder - will check out the other 2 shortly
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:11 am

I like Exhorder but still nothing to get excited about. Am now dreading that DL will announce bands I want to see

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:15 am

What would be the best place to start when checking out Exhorder? Any particular album?

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:16 am

Not a fan of At The Gates and I've not heard of the other 3 before, so a pretty poor announcement for me.

Weight of the Tide are described as "sludge metal beasts" though, which sounds right up my alley.

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:19 am

Judas Priest aside, the lineup this year is terrible for me. Looks like they've put all their eggs in one basket.

Tankplanker
Consort of the Beast

Postby Tankplanker » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:22 am

Haldamir319 wrote:What would be the best place to start when checking out Exhorder? Any particular album?
They only have a couple of albums, I really like Slaughter in the Vatican, very Pantera.

Don't mind At the Gates, so them and Exhorder are on my to see list. I don't know the other two bands.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:30 am

Guess this is on me, but would be more excited about ATG (and Emperor) if both weren't playing Netherlands Deathfest. Also gone from third on the bill to special guests, but if anything I'd say their popularity has fallen rather than risen now they've done a heck of a lot of reunion shows and touring. Still there's now 5 bands on the lineup I like, if they can add another couple each day then I might end up going.

Think it's been so long since I heard Exhorder I don't even remember what they're like, never heard of the other two. Doesn't look like anyone else has either judging from facebook. Weak.

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast

Postby kurrupo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:07 pm

Pretty weak announcement for me again personally. At The Gates are one those bands that I've heard of but never actually listened to so not really one to excite me (however, I do have 6 months to try to get into them). Exhorder sound pretty decent but judging by the stage times from last year, I'll have to choose between seeing them and getting a decent spot near the front for Gojira so will probably only catch a couple of songs. Not heard of the other two.

Still holding out hope for Helloween and Bodom for the 2nd and 3rd spots on the Saturday but I have to admit it's starting to look less likely now

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:29 pm

Chuffed with this announcement! Absolutely love ATG and never had the chance to see them before so the fact they've got a special guest slot is brilliant :D Very happy with Exhorder too! Wasn't expecting them and they've got the rarity factor.

This year is looking really good for bands I like but haven't seen before with Priest, Suicidal, Bloodbath, ATG, Wednesday, Doro, Exhorder and Watain. Looking more and more likely that I will be getting a ticket!

Not heard of the other two bands in the announcement but will check em' out!