Next announcement

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Re: Next announcement

Postby jwh20 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:43 am

Would watch Alestorm, not enough to move me from on the fence to getting a ticket though. Don't like Pallbearer and two nobodies as usual for the Sophie stage.

Guess hopes of Accept are dashed then, they would have been announced if doing SG after their Koko show. Shame I couldn't get to that. However if they DID book Accept and Ross the Boss for the Saturday with Venom Inc and Alestorm already there it would be a really fun day.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:53 am

Alestorm do nothing for me either live or on record. Saturday is looking rather dire still.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:56 am

ScrumpiesVeteran wrote:Not entirely unexpected. Seen Alestorm twice in the last 6 months and had to leave early both times due to the utter twattery of their fans. Maybe I'm just getting older but getting totally bladdered before the band appear, throwing up on your fellow punters (2 examples at HRH last weekend) and dressing as a pirate even though the band have not dressed this way for years is just a little bit sad.

Last weekend at HRH Metal, it was so much better on the Sunday as strangely the Alestorm fans mainly disappeared after Saturday and you could actually enjoy the music; which to me is what a "music festival" is all about.

Oddly enough I agree (although the Sunday at HRH Metal was a bit too quiet and empty). I'd say it's not just Alestorm though - the whole metal scene in general is too much about getting wasted and acting like a dickhead these days, and not about actually listening to music.

I like Alestorm, but don't really care to see them again. Pallbearer though I really want to see. The other two I don't care about.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:04 pm

Very happy with Alestorm. Saw them in Leeds on Tuesday and they were fucking awesome so really happy to see them again. Its also nice to see a major folk metal band on the main stage for the first time in years

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:35 pm

Good announcement! Well done to everyone that guessed Alestorm :lol: Alestorm are a band I've never seen live and never really listened to on record but I imagine I will enjoy them live like I did with Red Rum! Will have a great party vibe like Skindred last year. Good to see some power/folk bands on the main stage for those fans too with Kamelot, Alestorm and Orden Ogan.

I've been meaning to check out Pallbearer for a while, a good booking as they seem pretty popular. The other two bands I'm not familiar with so will have to check out.

I'm definitely expecting Cannibal Corpse to get the special guest slot after their UK tour now seems as they were third down in 2015. Or perhaps Exodus could get it to fill the thrash void?

dclizardking
Paster of Muppets

Postby dclizardking » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:40 pm

This is a good announcement for me. I love Pallbearer, Heartless was one of my favourite albums of last year, and Alestorm are a great fun band who I am certain will go down a storm. The other two bands I wasn't familiar with, both sound ok from one song. I may check them out if they don't clash with anyone I want to see.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:03 pm

Jay1993 wrote:I'm definitely expecting Cannibal Corpse to get the special guest slot after their UK tour now seems as they were third down in 2015. Or perhaps Exodus could get it to fill the thrash void?

Take more than Exodus alone to fill the void as you put it :lol: Aren't Alestorm gonig to be third? In which case we're waiting for a sub?

Leemanruss

Postby Leemanruss » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:35 pm

I'm hugely happy with Alestorm and Pallbearer! The other 2 are pants.

Even though I'm seeing Alestorm this Saturday and again at Ragnarok Festival, I'll be glad to see them for the 3rd time this year at Bloodstock! Which will be my 8th time seeing them overall :D And I'm happy there is a god damn folk metal band on the main stage for the first time since Ensiferum and Korpiklaani in 2015 :D

Pallbearer is also my wife's favourite band currently, so we're over the moon with them being announced! They look ridiculously low down the bill. Under King Leviathan???
Atmosfest: '17 '18
BOA: '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19
Damnation: '11 '13 '16 '17
Download: '06
HammerFest: '09 '17
Hellfest: '17
HRH Vikings: '18
PMQF: '17 '18
Ragnarok: '18
Wacken: '17
Wacken Winter Nights: '19
Warhorns: '16 '17 '18 '19

Jay1993

Postby Jay1993 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:16 pm

houston4044 wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:I'm definitely expecting Cannibal Corpse to get the special guest slot after their UK tour now seems as they were third down in 2015. Or perhaps Exodus could get it to fill the thrash void?

Take more than Exodus alone to fill the void as you put it :lol: Aren't Alestorm gonig to be third? In which case we're waiting for a sub?

True :lol: Yeah I think the sub could be CC or maybe Exodus at a push seems as Gojira are a fairly small headliner. Exodus are always heavily requested so I think they would do well as a sub.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:16 pm

houston4044 wrote:Aren't Alestorm gonig to be third? In which case we're waiting for a sub?

Proper pirates you mean? :lol:

“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:14 pm

Jay1993 wrote:I'm definitely expecting Cannibal Corpse to get the special guest slot after their UK tour now seems as they were third down in 2015.

Gods, I hope not. Alestorm and Cannibal Corpse followed by Gojira would make for an exceptionally weak end to the Saturday main stage for my tastes.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:18 pm

If Cannibal Corpse are subheadlining then I'll find something else to do. Like take a massive dump or something.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:50 pm

Jay1993 wrote:True :lol: Yeah I think the sub could be CC or maybe Exodus at a push seems as Gojira are a fairly small headliner. Exodus are always heavily requested so I think they would do well as a sub.

I love Exodus but even I think that's too high a slot for them, they'd be 4th at best; might have gotten away with 3rd when Sousa came back but that boat sailed a few years ago. Near same for CC, were 3rd last time they played but can't see why they'd be bumped up. Admittedly I could very well be wrong on all this :lol:

Gandalf the Red wrote:
houston4044 wrote:Aren't Alestorm gonig to be third? In which case we're waiting for a sub?

Proper pirates you mean? :lol:

Three way fight between Alestorm's sub, Amon Amarth's longboat and Sabaton's tank for Thursday night headliner

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:51 pm

I'm expecting the Saturday special guest to be an uninspiring choice based on the fact that Gojira are headlining. As they're hardly a big deal themselves.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:28 pm

I think I've come full circle now and am back to believing it will be Dimmu Borgir. They actually have new material! *faints*