Next announcement

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Re: Next announcement

Postby jwh20 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:46 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Sorry, I was trying to be funny as Serpent Temptation was released by a decent Death/Thrash Metal band also called Incubus. :lol:

Yeah, they're pretty good as far as death-thrash goes. I know of the other one as well though even if I don't recall listening to them.

fishwicks
Powermetal Child

Postby fishwicks » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:31 pm

jwh20 wrote:Not seen them myself, but they would fit in with my thing of -core/nu metal etc bands that I'm obviously not going to like so no point mentioning. If we're going for truly the worst thing ever, why were Bleed from Within supporting bands like Megadeth and Amon Amarth some years back. Whiny -core BS with songs presumably from the band name about being on their collective periods. Worst thing that springs to mind along with Rammstein, no clue what the fuss is about there.

Before I witnessed their first download headline show I would of agreed with your rammstein comments. Still ranks as one of my all time fav gigs ,some bands don't cut it live some don't on record.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:38 pm

fishwicks wrote:
jwh20 wrote:Not seen them myself, but they would fit in with my thing of -core/nu metal etc bands that I'm obviously not going to like so no point mentioning. If we're going for truly the worst thing ever, why were Bleed from Within supporting bands like Megadeth and Amon Amarth some years back. Whiny -core BS with songs presumably from the band name about being on their collective periods. Worst thing that springs to mind along with Rammstein, no clue what the fuss is about there.

Before I witnessed their first download headline show I would of agreed with your rammstein comments. Still ranks as one of my all time fav gigs ,some bands don't cut it live some don't on record.

I saw them in 2016, watched 45 minutes to an hour and just don't get it. Left and had a drink. Think Havok were the only band we liked all day.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:03 pm

Accept would be great. Actually they'd have made a great special guest for the Sunday night, an Accept / Judas Priest finale would attract similar punters. I'm not sure how big they've ever been in the UK though, don't recall the crowd being that big for them last time.

Someone mentioned Suffocation...seriously? They're a tiny band in the grand scheme of things, I've seen them play to less than a hundred people on a few occasions. They're only co-headlining on the Venom Inc. tour, no-one has suggested they be moved to SG!

I reckon it will be Epica. The line up has been consistently disappointing and a shit booking like this would finish it off!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:11 pm

Unless they swap sub headliners around it won't be Epica, already playing a Belgian festival on the Saturday.

As for Steel Panther, they're exclusive to Ramblin Man this year (thankfully).

Outside bet, Limp Bizkit doing Boomtown BOA weekend and aren't exclusive :eyes:

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:18 pm

i0th wrote:Running Wild are a Wacken festival exclusive, no dice.

would not get him anyway as he does not fly !!!

dclizardking
Paster of Muppets

Postby dclizardking » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:23 pm

houston4044 wrote:
Haldamir319 wrote:Just a guess. Moved Combichrist down based on the wording of their announcement.

I'd also move Septic Flesh down as well, most tour dates I can find they're either co-headlining or supporting acts in venues that are 300-500 capacity, don't think they'd be that high up on the bill.

Are we back to speculating about Helloween again? Thought they'd been pretty much ruled out ages ago

I think it's more out of hope than a genuine belief that they'll be booked, but as long as there is hope I'll keep hoping.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:43 pm

Hmm I guess that rules Cannibal Corpse and their support out of this announcement as their UK dates start on the 13th. Although a couple of their dates are sold out already so maybe it won't impact ticket sales too much.

The only other tours I can see ending on the 13th are Venom Inc, Satyricon, Suffocation and Nervosa but with Venom Inc announced already I don't see why they'd hold off on the others.

To be honest there's so many bands that are playing Summer Breeze and Graspop that could possibly turn up that I have no idea anymore :lol:

It will probably just be small Sophie bands.

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:13 pm

Soze wrote:Someone mentioned Suffocation...seriously? They're a tiny band in the grand scheme of things, I've seen them play to less than a hundred people on a few occasions. They're only co-headlining on the Venom Inc. tour, no-one has suggested they be moved to SG!

It was me who mentioned them but I wasnt suggesting that they would be SG just that they are likely for the March 13th announcement

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:58 am

How about this for a bonkers left field choice - The Darkness. They are playing Sabaton Open Air the weekend afterwards.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:54 am

I can't see it happening, but they'd be good fun. Just imagine the rage if they got announced for Bloodstock.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:04 pm

Who even knows anymore, they're clearly not bothered about being a proper metal festival so it could happen.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:14 pm

Tbf, when they made their 'comeback' at Download (2011 ish?) they were really good. Basically, if they promise to just play their debut album, I would be more than happy.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:24 pm

Jesus suffering fuck no - not the Darkness :(
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:32 pm

FFS don't start giving them ideas. :cuss:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp