Next announcement

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: Next announcement

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:36 pm

Jay1993 wrote:
I dunno, haven't Emperor played in the middle of the day before at Wacken? :lol: I think they would accept a special guest slot and they seem well requested as a repeat

Wacken often has massive bands in the mid afternoon slot. Over the years this has included bands that could quite easily headline the festival including Motorhead, Type O Negative and Helloween. Type O played to one of the biggest crowds that I've seen at a festival.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:14 pm

I don't think it's a stretch that Emperor could drop to sub, particularly if it was on Friday beneath Priest.

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:21 pm

So are emperor reformed now? I assumed it was just to celebrate Anthems.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:32 pm

Emperor are booked to play Inferno next April so it's reasonable to assume they'd consider playing Bloodstock with this Anthems reunion. I also think it's quite possible they'd play second fiddle to headliners now, the festival has grown a bit in the few years since they played. In the grand scheme of things, they've not that big a band, it was the rarity factor that got them top slot last time. Similarly I can't possibly imagine Immortal ever headlining again (with or without Abbath).

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:50 pm

jwh20 wrote:Alcest would be appreciated as couldn't go.

Ye gods, I hope not. Maybe they were once a metal band, but they certainly aren't now. I know they have their fans here, but they're a far less suitable band for Bloodstock than Alter Bridge. They're also one of the most painfully dull live experiences I've had the misfortune of enduring.
Last edited by Tet on Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:51 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:
I dunno, haven't Emperor played in the middle of the day before at Wacken? :lol: I think they would accept a special guest slot and they seem well requested as a repeat

Wacken often has massive bands in the mid afternoon slot. Over the years this has included bands that could quite easily headline the festival including Motorhead, Type O Negative and Helloween. Type O played to one of the biggest crowds that I've seen at a festival.

What I would give to have seen Type O :(

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:54 pm

Jay1993 wrote:What I would give to have seen Type O :(

The good thing about being old is that I got to see all the good bands playing live. Including Type O Negative a couple of times.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:18 pm

Tet wrote:
jwh20 wrote:Alcest would be appreciated as couldn't go.

Ye gods, I hope not. Maybe they were once a metal band, but they certainly aren't now. I know they have their fans here, but they're a far less suitable band for Bloodstock than Alter Bridge. They're also one of the most painfully dull live experiences I've had the misfortune of enduring.

Someone hasn't heard the new album....its great, and definitely metal. And their live shows are always great, in a relaxing sort of way - ok, not balls out metal but still fun.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:18 am

Jay1993 wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:

What I would give to have seen Type O :(

I was lucky enough to see Type O three times, Donington 1996, Glasgow 1997 and London 2007. still one of my favourite bands ever.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:29 am

I've seen Alcest a bunch of times and always enjoyed them, indeed saw them only last week with Anathema, both bands put on great shows (and I've never really cared for the latter). Their new album was a return to their older sound as well, it was only Shelter that dropped the metal elements.

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:16 pm

some_thing_wild wrote:Announcement Tuesday

3 bands to be announced at 11am

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:23 pm

Type O are one of my all time favourite bands so I'm jealous of everyone who got to see them :lol:

Three bands on Tuesday, sweet! My predictions are Fleshgod Apocalypse, Electric Wizard and perhaps Alcest or Anathema? Personally I'd be happy to have Alcest. Saw them for the first time last year so it wouldn't be too soon for me to see them again.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:32 pm

3 bands, excellent.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

eyesore
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby eyesore » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:02 pm

Jay1993 wrote:Type O are one of my all time favourite bands so I'm jealous of everyone who got to see them :lol:

I saw them on their home turf - brooklyn, new york in 2003.

Jay1993 wrote: and perhaps Alcest or Anathema?

preferably neither. anathema, once one of my favourite bands, havent been any good since mid 90s. and alcest are just plain awful. :)

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:06 pm

Jay1993 wrote:Type O are one of my all time favourite bands so I'm jealous of everyone who got to see them :lol:

Think I saw them 3 or 4 times in the end (once, somewhat baffingly, on a co-headline tour with Coal Chamber!) and saw Carnivore once as well.