Next announcement

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Tankplanker
Consort of the Beast

Re: Next announcement

Postby Tankplanker » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:51 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:They might be big enough with a proper line up, but they certainly aren't with the current Trey Azagthoth and Friends line up.

You also have to consider whether they can get work permits/passports as last time they had problems and cancelled the tour. I think the possibility is remote to say the less.
I think that was one band member having a criminal record and they needed to apply for a visa but left it too late? US citizen with a criminal record just needs a visa, which is usually granted. Unless I have the wrong end of the stick with what happened. If they can't get that person a visa then I'd expect them to draft in a replacement as I don't think it is Trey with the criminal record, unless they are counting illud divinum insanus, which would make a lot of sense. :lol:

houston4044 wrote:So what are people expecting tomorrow then?
The remaining SG and a couple of lower order bands. For the remaining SG I'm expecting disappointment but want somebody decent. Despite it not being my bag I'd actually welcome a decent folk band for this slot over a legacy thrash or death metal act.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:11 pm

I think they will wait for a couple of tours to be done with for the SG announcements. For tomorrow I'm thinking one or two name-ish band and a mix bag of filler.

As a (almost total) guess I'd say, Sepultura and heidevolk with a chunk of unknowns maybe?

Something I would like a lot: I think Rhapsody of Fire are doing a countdown that coincides with the BS announcement too. I'd love that. The new singer really impressed me when they played with Orden Ogan.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:33 pm

Is there any Folk band that is even close to Special Guest size nowadays?
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:40 pm

Got a feeling Leprous and Satyricon will be booked. Leprous playing lots of fests, satyricon tour just finished.

Not that I'd want either mind.

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:29 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Is there any Folk band that is even close to Special Guest size nowadays?

Id say Alestorm are the biggest and even if there was it would be weird having 2 bands of the same genre in a row that high up

For the announcement iv really got no clue on SG but maybe Saxon or Accept?

For lower down my money is on Suffocation

Tankplanker
Consort of the Beast

Postby Tankplanker » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:11 pm

I did say folk ain't my bag :lol:

I just don't want a band people expect rather than want in that slot, something a bit more of a risk rather than another no risk seen it all before a million times repeat, the sort of band that alternates between Download and Bloodstock each year or just does Bloodstock every 2 years.

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:09 am

Helloween just announced for a festival the week after Bloodstock. No doubt nothing in it, but they keep us hanging by a thread :lol:

JD_B3E5
Warrior of Metal

Postby JD_B3E5 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:08 am

Aaaaaannnnd it's Cannibal Corpse as the final special guest! Not entirely sure if I'm disappointed or not to be honest :|

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:16 am

Fucking terrible band

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:17 am

JD_B3E5 wrote:Aaaaaannnnd it's Cannibal Corpse as the final special guest! Not entirely sure if I'm disappointed or not to be honest :|

Same. I'm really surprised they've been bumped up to SG.

I really like CC and have all their albums, seen them a load of times, but they tour very literally every year. I could go see them this Sunday if I wanted, so it's hardly an exciting announcement. I'd have been much more excited for someone that don't tour so often, even Helloween and I don't listen to them much. Would have preferred them to be 3rd on the bill with another SG. They really must have stretched the budget on Priest and Nightwish to give us a budget third headliner and SG, and budget bands through the rest of the lineup.

Also Bleed from Within are the worst band I've ever had the misfortune to see. Whiny deathcore for teens, probably from the band name all about whining about being on their periods. How they still keep getting booked for things is beyond me.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:19 am

Well there's a shock...a Bloodstock announcement with no bands I'm interested in seeing. Getting used to that this year!!

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:24 am

Really don't get Cannibal Corpse, most uninspired, boring Death Metal band around. Always thought they are famous more for the song titles than their music

Bleed From Within also shite, but at least less danger of a good band clashing with Emperor now

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:26 am

The special guests are a joke this year: three Extreme Metal bands. At most I have a passing interest in Emperor and At The Gates, but I detest Cannibal Corpse. I am looking forward to seeing a few bands lower down the bill, namely Kamelot and Devildriver, and there are a few whom I'll definitely watch and probably enjoy (Alestorm and Mr Big). Most of the line-up is pretty disappointing though. It started really well for me with the headliners which, in my opinion, couldn't get much better but other than a couple of bands the rest of the announcements have been underwhelming since. I guess there will be people out there who are happy with the line-up as it is though.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:29 am

A crap special guest announcement that we all knew was coming plus more no-name shite for the Sophie stage that is increasingly becoming so similar in terms of name-value to the New Blood stage that it's hard to even differentiate any more.

I don't expect anything Bloodstock announce from now on to actually get me excited - the Friday and Sunday don't look bad for my tastes and there's enough there to make it a decent weekend, it's just a shame that the Saturday is so utterly terrible.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:29 am

Cannibal Corpse as special guests?! FFS both them and At The Gates were in the 3rd down slot last time they played, and despite neither of them doing anything since they've both been bumped up to SG.

Alestorm would have probably made a better SG than CC, they're definitely more popular with the BOA crowd anyway.

Oh yeah and there's a loada other bands in the announcement that sound shit or Ive never heard of.

Should I give BOA a miss this year? I think so. Brutal Assault is starting to look very tempting...