Next announcement

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
houston4044
Denim Demon

Re: Next announcement

Postby houston4044 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:18 pm

Black Wizard wrote:Steven Tyler has a show in Kentish Town on August 7th. Perhaps he'll headline Sophie on Thursday night. :P

Ah, he's only got the 1 album out at the moment, New Blood stage at best :eyes:

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:12 pm

Has he entered Metal to the Masses?

dclizardking
Paster of Muppets

Postby dclizardking » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:14 pm

Black Wizard wrote:
dclizardking wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:Steven Tyler has a show in Kentish Town on August 7th. Perhaps he'll headline Sophie on Thursday night. :P

Are you mad, it's going to be Danzig headlining the Thursday night. :lol:

It'll be tough for him to do that from Germany.

He's the Evil Elvis, he can do anything. :lol:

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:05 am

Apart from sing. Saw them support Metallica. Worst band that I've ever seen live and I've seen some terrible bands. They were fucking shite.

Why anyone rates them I don't know. I reckon people only like them because Metallica like them. Same goes for that other shit band he was in.

Even gave them a second chance the next night thinking it must have been an off night. Nope just as bad. The rest of the tour I stayed in the pub or made sure I turned up after they were on.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:57 am

Don't hold back Gandalf. Tell us how you really feel.

dvl666
Consort of the Beast

Postby dvl666 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:43 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Apart from sing. Saw them support Metallica. Worst band that I've ever seen live and I've seen some terrible bands. They were fucking shite.

Why anyone rates them I don't know. I reckon people only like them because Metallica like them. Same goes for that other shit band he was in.

Even gave them a second chance the next night thinking it must have been an off night. Nope just as bad. The rest of the tour I stayed in the pub or made sure I turned up after they were on.

All in your opinion of course.

dclizardking
Paster of Muppets

Postby dclizardking » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:52 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Apart from sing. Saw them support Metallica. Worst band that I've ever seen live and I've seen some terrible bands. They were fucking shite.

I saw them on the Newcastle date of that tour and thought they were excellent, so it's obviously a case of horses for courses.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:11 pm

dvl666 wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:blah blah blah
complaining
grumpy

No, no, no. Gandalf the Red is the bringer of truth. His word is law.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:20 pm

I saw him on his last tour - first two songs were as bad as any band could be, improved when he played the older Danzig stuff. Was never that fussed on the Misfits - they were alright - but the messing around with tuning made the gaps between songs longer than the tunes themselves.

Wouldn't be averse to seeing them again, but I get the impression Fonzig likes the red carpet treatment - stories of him wanting catering cleared so he could he eat and no eye contact rules follow him around
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:36 pm

If Danzig gets booked, can we also have North Side Kings play as well?

White Wizzard (Black Wizard's alter ego?) are touring in August, Thursday headliner?

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:57 pm

houston4044 wrote:White Wizzard (Black Wizard's alter ego?) are touring in August, Thursday headliner?

No relation.

However, these guys exist though.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:30 pm

dvl666 wrote:

Of course. That's why I typed it.

But all true. Terrible band.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

RhysyG
Powermetal Child

Postby RhysyG » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:27 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:
dvl666 wrote:

Of course. That's why I typed it.

But all true. Terrible band.

Gotta agree with Gandalf... I can see the appeal of Misfits but never saw what people see in Danzig to be honest. And really not the best support for 'Tallica :lol:

Also, I'll guess an announcement on Tuesday the 27th? Exodus or Sepultura sound most likely. Always incredible to see Gary Holt play, and Sepul's last album was their best since Arise in my opinion. :rock:
But surely either of them in the Sophie Stage is completely impossible?!?!? :o :? :D

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:35 am

is Gary Holt not on Slayer duty this summer ? Would still be happy to see Exodus booked, even without him.

Sep - no thanks. Derrick is a lovely guy but doesn't do justice to the old material. His vocals are too clean and not snarly enough. When he sings Roots it always makes me laugh due to the lack of aggression and that's not a song you should laugh to !

JD_B3E5
Warrior of Metal

Postby JD_B3E5 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:18 pm

Danzig won't appear on the Thursday. His upcoming UK tour dates are his only shows in 2018 that'll take place in the UK apparently...