Next announcement

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
someone else
Denim Demon

Re: Next announcement

Postby someone else » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:10 pm

Beardy wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:Type O are one of my all time favourite bands so I'm jealous of everyone who got to see them :lol:

Think I saw them 3 or 4 times in the end (once, somewhat baffingly, on a co-headline tour with Coal Chamber!) and saw Carnivore once as well.

Saw them once on the October Rust tour at the Town And Country Club in Leeds with Stuck Mojo and Entombed. Type O must have had an off night as they weren't great, guitarist was all over place - but they made in snow during Frozen and Bonz from SM leapt on the sing Kill All The White People
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:22 am

Jay1993 wrote:Type O are one of my all time favourite bands so I'm jealous of everyone who got to see them :lol:

Three bands on Tuesday, sweet! My predictions are Fleshgod Apocalypse, Electric Wizard and perhaps Alcest or Anathema? Personally I'd be happy to have Alcest. Saw them for the first time last year so it wouldn't be too soon for me to see them again.

Saw Type O 3 times:
First at Donnington 96 - only had time to play 3 songs but they were still ace.
At the Astoria in 2003 - amazing, band really on form and started there set with the full 15 minute version of I Know You're Fucking Someone Else!
Lastly at the Astoria 2007 - utterly fucking atrocious, pissed the crowd off by starting with a half hour loop of the birdy song as an intro tape, played all new stuff no one knew, and Pete was so ill or hungover that he could hardly stand up and spent the majority of the gig playing while sitting on the floor.

I can't see Anathema playing BOA again, as they've gone so indie these days and never play older stuff anymore. Alcest are a possibility though, anyone who says they're not metal anymore needs to listen to the new album, as it's back to the heavier days, as well as being their best album in ages.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:55 am

I caught Type O three times, however they where only 'good' once: 2003 (Manchester). And thought they where never as bad as I've heard they could be, there reputation for been unpredictable live band was well deserved.

Still, one of my all-time favourite bands though.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:01 am

bloodfiend wrote:Saw Type O 3 times:
First at Donnington 96 - only had time to play 3 songs but they were still ace.
At the Astoria in 2003 - amazing, band really on form and started there set with the full 15 minute version of I Know You're Fucking Someone Else!
Lastly at the Astoria 2007 - utterly fucking atrocious, pissed the crowd off by starting with a half hour loop of the birdy song as an intro tape, played all new stuff no one knew, and Pete was so ill or hungover that he could hardly stand up and spent the majority of the gig playing while sitting on the floor.

Now I've heard a lot about the 2007 tour and went to the Manchester show on it.

Now the Birdy Song I always thought was just the band humour, it wasn't to "piss off" the crowd. They even would turn it off, all the roadies would go off stage as if they were ready and 30 seconds later came back on, music came back on and they carried on. Me and my mates thought it was funny

The Manchester show was brilliant, but heard others who didn't like other shows on the tour. They only played 3 new songs, (two admittedly being 10 minutes long) but they were all great songs.

Pete did sit of a flight case for a lot of the gig (not sure if it was early health problems) but played really well and the band seemed to be really into it

I was them about 6 times over the years and that was possibly my favourite show after the October Rust era

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:47 pm

Apparently 3 bands are being announced tomorrow

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:55 pm

Pay attention 007....

:P
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:03 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Pay attention 007....

:P

Woops, I got caught up in the Type O debate and missed it :lol:

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:05 am

cheesemason wrote:
Now I've heard a lot about the 2007 tour and went to the Manchester show on it.

Now the Birdy Song I always thought was just the band humour, it wasn't to "piss off" the crowd. They even would turn it off, all the roadies would go off stage as if they were ready and 30 seconds later came back on, music came back on and they carried on. Me and my mates thought it was funny

The birdy song went on for half an hour in London. It wasn't funny, it was fucking annoying.

When they left the stage before the encore the whole crowd were boo-ing them for being so shit, the drummer then came on stage with a camcorder and recorded the crowd giving them abuse, showing that they seemed to think it was funny that they'd done such a shit gig.

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:18 am

It was half an hour in Manchester too

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:32 am

I did enjoy the London 2007 show but it was clear Peter was not in a great way that night. I found the performance quite sad to watch as it appeared they were struggling compared to previous tours and there wasn't the same dynamic. I'm glad we flew down for the show as it ended up being their last tour but on reflection I try to think about the previous times I saw them.

I suppose they were enjoyable enough if you had never seen them before but the 1997 show I saw in Glasgow was so much better and I also got to see entombed :D Even the 3 song set at Donington 1996 was good as I had never heard anything by them before I saw them play and they were totally different to anyone I had seen.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:35 am

On a happier note, not long now until the next announcement :)
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:02 am

Emperor (YES!), devildriver and NAILS

PowerThrash
Warrior of Metal

Postby PowerThrash » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:03 am

Joining Friday’s bill in the Ronnie James Dio main stage special guest slot are black metal legends, Emperor official in a UK exclusive appearance

Stepping into a main stage slot on Sunday are Californian circle pit kings, DevilDriver

Hotly-tipped, super brutal three-piece, Nails land a Ronnie James Dio main stage slot on Sunday in a UK exclusive show!!

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:08 am

Emperor bored me senseless last time and Nails are just over-rated noise. Devil Driver I don't mind but it would have been nice to get some melodic metal in there. As is the case every year for power metal fans - "ah well, maybe next time"

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:10 am

Emperor! finally :lol:
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)