Next announcement

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Re: Next announcement

Postby metalicbear » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:10 am

The lineup this year is terrible to be fair, seems like they spunked their load on Priest and had no idea what to do for the rest of the lineup, hoping Priest would sell the festival out, but it hasn't, if anything the opposite has happened as more people are annoyed at undercard.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:12 am

You don't think it will sell out like Vicky has stated?
I see the bad moon arising.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:43 am

Yeah, I believe Vicky when she warns it will sell out again this year. They weren't lying about it last year.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:40 am

I believe her too. It wasn't a lie last year, and they never suggested it on the years it didn't sell out, so I doubt that its bullshitting.

I have some fair old gaps on some days, but overall its the best line-up in years for me, I can't be the only one who feels that way.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:48 am

Personally I thought 2016 seemed overall busier than 2017.

Saying something is selling out is a cheap marketing stunt to create panic buys, that's not to say it won't sell out, my point was I think they thought Priest alone would sell it out very quickly and they haven't.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:56 am

Erm. There are four months yet. That's a third of a year. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:01 pm

metalicbear wrote:Personally I thought 2016 seemed overall busier than 2017.

Saying something is selling out is a cheap marketing stunt to create panic buys, that's not to say it won't sell out, my point was I think they thought Priest alone would sell it out very quickly and they haven't.

Last year was their first sellout year. Surely selling out simply any time before then would be considered 'quickly'.

As Gandalf says, we have around 4 months still to go. I'm thinking it will be a June / July thing.

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast

Postby kurrupo » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:50 pm

metaldinosaur wrote:I believe her too. It wasn't a lie last year, and they never suggested it on the years it didn't sell out, so I doubt that its bullshitting.

I have some fair old gaps on some days, but overall its the best line-up in years for me, I can't be the only one who feels that way.

I'm the same. The headliners were better suited to me last year but overall I think there's more than ever that I actively want to see this year. I'm already worrying about potential clashes!

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:51 pm

metalicbear wrote:The lineup this year is terrible to be fair.

I've never seen you write anything positive about a festival line-up. :|

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:17 pm

It's very poor for my tastes, to the point I'm not bothering. I know a few others who are giving it a miss too, including one who hasn't missed one in years and is quite upset about it! But I also know far more people who are going back than aren't, despite most of them thinking the line up isn't great...it's got to the point that people just go irrespective as they know they'll have a good time. I've been to so many festivals over the years that I can't justify it unless there's a real top line up and this is very far from that for me in 2018.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:29 pm

I am not a huge fan of the line up this year (lots to see on Friday and then it nosedives - Sunday is almost a write off for me).

I will still be there as it is my one weekend a year I get to myself and my wife and mother-in-Law get me my VIP ticket for Xmas. I also enjoy meeting up with the Loners and my friends staying in VIP.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:34 pm

If we go at all this year it will just be Friday. Ordinarily I would be quite chuffed with enough of the line up, but out of all the bands I really want to see, there are only Orphaned Land and Exhorder at this stage that I am not seeing the week before at WOA.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:56 pm

I quite like this lineup. Sure, they've cheaped out on quite a few things (especially special guests), and there are some really dodgy bookings, but the line up is quite varied, actually has a chunk of good melodic metal for once, and has some excellent bands I've never seen before.

As for it selling out, I believe it will, but I'm not sure whether that's to do with the line up itself - I think people just go because its become kind of cool to go. Or maybe touts are bulk buying tickets to sell on. It certainly didn't seem much fuller last year than previous years.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:19 pm

I think we'll see ticket sales rise when they start selling day tickets.

I would think quite a few that want to see either JP or Nightwish would be the type just to attend one day and go home.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:53 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Wow!

The line up must be bad if people are getting excited about the possibility a bog standard modern Thrash band might be playing. :lol:

Taste aside, assuming Power Trip are fairly low down on main it's a great booking; instead of getting some rehashed band from the 90's/00's that barely anyone remembers we've at least got a younger band who are making waves at the moment. At least there seems to be some (nightmare :eyes: ) logic in the booking.

Would be a great booking for me, absolutely smash it live and no doubt will do again.