Next announcement

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: Next announcement

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:43 pm

Turisas have been shite for years. The same goes for Ensiferum and Korpiklaani.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:29 pm

Korpiklaani are still great fun, at least live. Agree with Turisas and Ensiferum though, feel as if their time has gone. The new Ensiferum is really dull.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:03 pm

I would probably watch them if they turned up. But I think there is better quality Folk/Viking Metal bands out there.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:32 am

Soze wrote:Korpiklaani are still great fun, at least live. Agree with Turisas and Ensiferum though, feel as if their time has gone. The new Ensiferum is really dull.

You're kidding, right? That set they played at Bloodstock the last time they played was god-awful. Most of it was the dull, boring, shamanic-chanting crap and then we got about 2 lively songs at the end. Turisas I haven't seen in years but their albums have been rubbish since Varangian Way and Ensiferum I don't mind and thought the last time I saw them at Bloodstock they were pretty decent.

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:49 am

bloodofthekings wrote:
Soze wrote:Korpiklaani are still great fun, at least live. Agree with Turisas and Ensiferum though, feel as if their time has gone. The new Ensiferum is really dull.

You're kidding, right? That set they played at Bloodstock the last time they played was god-awful. Most of it was the dull, boring, shamanic-chanting crap and then we got about 2 lively songs at the end. Turisas I haven't seen in years but their albums have been rubbish since Varangian Way and Ensiferum I don't mind and thought the last time I saw them at Bloodstock they were pretty decent.

The last 3 times I've seen Korpiklaani (which was supporting Sabaton, Hellfest, and the last time they played BOA) they've been dreadful. Looked like they'd rather be absolutely anywhere but on stage, no fun, no energy. Turisas I'm in the same position, haven't seen them since their last BOA appearance, but their recent albums have been pretty bad so unless they played nothing but old stuff, I don't see me enjoying a set of theirs. Ensiferum are great, but their last BOA set in 2015 was god-awful, one of the worst bands of the weekend. As long as they don't do that again, I'd be down with them playing.

I'd rather something we hadn't had before though, like Arkona, or something we haven't had in ages, like Eluveitie.

Luciam
Powermetal Child

Postby Luciam » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:48 am

Vicki confirming another announcement soon, including a Sophie headliner

https://twitter.com/vickyhungerford/sta ... 5651873798

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:49 am

We didn't here it from her though.
Last edited by Black Wizard on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:09 am

We didn't here it hear though.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:08 pm

The last time I saw Korpiklaani they played quite a long set, at Bristol with Moonsorrow. It did sag in the middle, with a load of slow numbers, but the beginning and end were fantastic, particularly the last half hour or so, which was all their up tempo drinking songs. Had great fun.

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:23 pm

I've seen Korpiklaani 3 times and they've been shite on each occasion. If they stuck to playing nothing but uptempo drinking songs I'd be a lot happier.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:35 pm

Last time I saw Korpiklaani, the set was dull, I didn't enjoy it at all, and the singer kicked me in the eyeball for good measure. I'm in no hurry to see them again.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:53 pm

I thought they were fun when they supported Sabaton three years ago but their music is a bit naff. As with most (perhaps all) of those sort bands, they're fun live but the novelty wears off after a few albums.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:28 pm

Black Wizard wrote:We didn't here it from her though.

Read it on here if that counts?

Seem to be back into the regular announcements every 2-3 weeks which I think is a good so :yes:

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:45 pm

I heard that. Pardon?

I bet no one gets that reference without looking it up.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:50 pm

Black Wizard wrote:We didn't here it from her though.

Even after editing this post once it's still wrong. :rolleyes:

"We didn't hear it from here though."