Next announcement

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Luciam
Powermetal Child

Re: Next announcement

Postby Luciam » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:02 am

Black Wizard wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:We didn't here it from her though.

Even after editing this post once it's still wrong. :rolleyes:

"We didn't hear it from here though."

And it's still wrong :lol:

"We didn't hear it from her though."

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:30 am

I didn't have a good day in the spelling and grammar department yesterday! :lol:

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:14 pm

Black Wizard wrote:I didn't have a good day in the spelling and grammar department yesterday! :lol:

I hear that :eyes:

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:30 pm

Looks like an announcement sometime on the 30th.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:47 pm

Fingers crossed for Warlock and Powerwolf but sadly I'm expecting it to be something like Watain and Sepultura instead :(

And if they're gonna have another go at booking some one-hit wonder from the 90s that nobody wants then I'll guess at Powerman 5000.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:08 pm

As Sepultura have just announced a UK tour in March and are also playing Hammerfest in Wales in the same month I suspect that, if they end up at Bloodstock, they won't be announced until after that tour.

Delain are playing a sold-out show in London on November 1st so they might get announced, but it would be unusual to confirm a festival appearance before any other shows have been completed.

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:22 pm

Black Wizard wrote:Delain are playing a sold-out show in London on November 1st so they might get announced, but it would be unusual to confirm a festival appearance before any other shows have been completed.

And they're doing it with Marco from Nightwish. If we get that for the Sunday I'd be really pleased.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:04 pm

I wonder if we will see the return of Evile? Looks like they are with a new booking agency now and in the process of writing new songs. I think their return would be very welcomed by Bloodstockers!

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:18 pm

robin8585 wrote:And they're doing it with Marco from Nightwish. If we get that for the Sunday I'd be really pleased.

I don't see Marco coming onstage before Nightwish's set to do a couple of songs with Delain, but it would be cool to have Delain on the main stage on the Sunday though! Stick Epica in as subheadliners then all the Thrash/Death meatheads will be so upset!

I'd also like to see Evergrey turn up on the Sunday and get Floor Jansen to do a song or two from 'The Storm Within' with them.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:38 pm

Please not Sepultura, they weren't great in 2015
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:08 pm

Black Wizard wrote:
robin8585 wrote:And they're doing it with Marco from Nightwish. If we get that for the Sunday I'd be really pleased.

I don't see Marco coming onstage before Nightwish's set to do a couple of songs with Delain, but it would be cool to have Delain on the main stage on the Sunday though! Stick Epica in as subheadliners then all the Thrash/Death meatheads will be so upset!

I'd also like to see Evergrey turn up on the Sunday and get Floor Jansen to do a song or two from 'The Storm Within' with them.

I like Nightwish and Delain, but don't like Epica. I do hope they manage to put some matching bands on that day though, I loved that day in 2015 when Within Temptation played as not only did I get to see them, but also Napalm Death, one of my favourite bands, Death, Dark Angel, 1349, Savage Messiah, Fleshgod Apocalypse, half of Ethereal and Jasad - however I felt bad for my two friends though who came just for WT on the day, and didn't see anything except them and Opeth as they wanted to be front row.

Friend doesn't like Nails or Devildriver, so she's getting a bit annoyed that it might be a repeat of that year!

If 30th is the right date for an announcement, then we might be looking at some Damnation bands. Only really Dying Fetus and Disentomb I'd be desperate to have from that, as I know AxNx aren't a bloodstock kind of band. Is that date confirmed?

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:08 pm

Black Wizard wrote:

Remember Devildriver and Nails are already playing the Sunday :P

jwh20 wrote:
If 30th is the right date for an announcement, then we might be looking at some Damnation bands. Only really Dying Fetus and Disentomb I'd be desperate to have from that, as I know AxNx aren't a bloodstock kind of band. Is that date confirmed?

Have Delain and/or Epica on the main Sunday and have Dying Fetus as the Sophie Headliner (Sophie is due a headliner in the next announcement anyway) and It'll all be hunky dory (though could use a few more Thrash bands, for me anyway :eyes: )

JD_B3E5
Warrior of Metal

Postby JD_B3E5 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:43 pm

What about Akercocke as a Sophie stage headliner??? Heard that they were very well received in 2016.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:52 am

I'd say two years is too soon, but the bookers couldn't give a toss about that so they seem likely

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:35 pm

Just realized the UK dates for W.A.S.P's tour finish on the 27th, maybe they could be in the announcement? 3rd on JP day below Emperor would be good to see