Next announcement

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: Next announcement

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:57 pm

houston4044 wrote:

Have Delain and/or Epica on the main Sunday and have Dying Fetus as the Sophie Headliner (Sophie is due a headliner in the next announcement anyway) and It'll all be hunky dory (though could use a few more Thrash bands, for me anyway :eyes: )

What do you mean a few more Thrash bands? We haven't even got one yet!
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:50 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:
What do you mean a few more Thrash bands? We haven't even got one yet!

Wait a minute...you're right!

On a side note, Helloween have announced a pumpkins united show in Norway next June, increases the chances they maybe at Bloodstock (or DL)?

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:36 am

I'd be surprised if Download booked Helloween. The only Power Metal band of any note that has ever played Download must be Dragonforce. They tend to play at Download every two years.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:41 am

They've had a few pm bands with limited effect - Edguy, Hammerfall etc but Helloween could also fall into the Metal Hamner 'old metal band we're now saying we've always loved' category (eg Saxon, King Diamond, Testament etc) so could be booked for DL
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:38 pm

I put DL as a long shot but I can't see roughly how long Helloween's Euro jaunt next year will last (I.e. if it stretch to BOA).

Noticed the Dio hologram tour is only playing Islington Academy, would put it lower down the line up than I would of thought (if it were to be announced for BOA)

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:18 pm

We won't know anything about Helloween's plans for next summer until this year's shows have been completed. I can see them doing Hellfest and Wacken.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:09 am

Black Wizard wrote:We won't know anything about Helloween's plans for next summer until this year's shows have been completed. I can see them doing Hellfest and Wacken.

Well we know they're doing Norway rocks in June :P

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:16 am

Ooops. I guess they don't have a Norwegian show between now and Christmas though, otherwise they wouldn't have been announced for Norway Rocks yet.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:24 am

If Helloween are to be announced it won't be until after their London gig. I'm guessing that isn't selling that well, judging by the amount of 'come to our London gig!' videos they've been posting on Facebook. They are doing 3 hour sets with quite an expansive stage set, so can't imagine them settling for anything less than special guest if they do play, and they may be deemed too expensive for that slot considering they're not as popular here as they are in Europe/South America.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:09 am

They seemed to have overestimated the draw they'd get to a midweek show in November in London. I didn't get the feeling that their regular show at the Kentish Town Forum was particularly busy last year, so the Brixton Academy was a bit surprising.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:26 am

To be fair, I know a fair few people who wouldn't normally go to a Helloween gig who are going to this, on the strength of the Kiske/Hansen reunion. But I can't see them shifting anywhere near an extra 2,500 tickets because of it.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:00 am

Helloween: Its the midweek/november issue for me.

I'd travel to see keeper songs done right, but there are just too many factors against to warrant the (massive) hassle. Helloween at the fest would be a very big draw for me, particularly if their on before Gojira, as I'd have something major to watch on all three days- guaranteeing my attendance!
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:21 am

metaldinosaur wrote:Helloween: Its the midweek/november issue for me.

I'd travel to see keeper songs done right, but there are just too many factors against to warrant the (massive) hassle. Helloween at the fest would be a very big draw for me, particularly if their on before Gojira, as I'd have something major to watch on all three days- guaranteeing my attendance!

Putting Helloween as special guests on the Saturday would be excellent. I could watch them and skip Bore-jira and have an early night! win.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:38 pm

Helloween before Gojira would be fantastic. Two great bands!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:40 am

I'd probably give them a go out of curiosity but I'd easily be swayed by a decent Sophie band