Next announcement

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Re: Next announcement

Postby phuqsticks » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:09 am

houston4044 wrote:Power Quest as a Sophie headliner? Good lord they really did blow the budget on Priest :lol:

Well Monday would fit in for W.A.S.P. as well, so I might be right on that (should of put them in my bingo dammit)

It won't be WASP. After WASP pulled out of last night's Bristol gig at the last minute, both Simon Hall and Vicky posted comments on social media suggesting that Blackie Lawless was difficult to deal with.

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:48 am

phuqsticks wrote:
houston4044 wrote:Power Quest as a Sophie headliner? Good lord they really did blow the budget on Priest :lol:

Well Monday would fit in for W.A.S.P. as well, so I might be right on that (should of put them in my bingo dammit)

It won't be WASP. After WASP pulled out of last night's Bristol gig at the last minute, both Simon Hall and Vicky posted comments on social media suggesting that Blackie Lawless was difficult to deal with.

Seem to remember hearing rumours of Blackie being a pain after the last time they played.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:07 pm

'Suggested' he was difficult to deal with? Simon was properly putting the boot in, there's clearly no love lost there. Think it's fair to say we'll never see W.A.S.P. at Bloodstock again!

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:21 pm

Soze wrote:'Suggested' he was difficult to deal with? Simon was properly putting the boot in, there's clearly no love lost there. Think it's fair to say we'll never see W.A.S.P. at Bloodstock again!

I was trying to be diplomatic! Suffice to say that I think there's more chance of Cameron Diaz ringing me up in the next 10 minutes and saying 'Hello big boy, I'd like you to show me a good time' than Blackie Lawless ever setting foot on a Bloodstock stage. :o

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:35 pm

phuqsticks wrote:
Soze wrote:'Suggested' he was difficult to deal with? Simon was properly putting the boot in, there's clearly no love lost there. Think it's fair to say we'll never see W.A.S.P. at Bloodstock again!

I was trying to be diplomatic! Suffice to say that I think there's more chance of Cameron Diaz ringing me up in the next 10 minutes and saying 'Hello big boy, I'd like you to show me a good time' than Blackie Lawless ever setting foot on a Bloodstock stage. :o

Well! Did she ring?
I see the bad moon arising.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:37 pm

I heard the problem was caused by people who weren't from the USA and couldn't run a piss up in a field....
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:38 pm

Ghost wrote:Well! Did she ring?

As he hasn't responded yet I'm going to guess that she did and that he's very busy right now!

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:47 am

Do we actually know what the issue was with WASP/Lawless last time?

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:23 am

Helloween confirmed to headline Barcelona Rock Fest so they're willing to play (presumably) shorter sets to incorporate festivals on this reunion. So a special guest slot at Bloodstock isn't out of the question...hopefully!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:10 am

Ghost wrote:Well! Did she ring?

Bloody swiss! I got lucky and she rang me and asked me if I wanted a good time, thought my luck was in but it being on the phone all she wanted to talk about PPI! :eyes:

May have dodged a bullet not putting them on my bingo list then :lol:

Soze wrote:Helloween confirmed to headline Barcelona Rock Fest

Tankard are as well so fingers crossed :D

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:30 am

Iced Earth were announced for Barcelona Rock Fest too so perhaps they'll be announced for Bloodstock on Monday. I'd like them to announce a few UK shows for early in 2018 first though.

NecroSonata
Powermetal Child

Postby NecroSonata » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:00 pm

Tankard (finally) would be immense!

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:34 pm

Yeah, Iced Earth and Tankard would be very welcome!

JD_B3E5
Warrior of Metal

Postby JD_B3E5 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:08 am

What about a thrash Sophie headliner? Power Trip??

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:36 pm

JD_B3E5 wrote:What about a thrash Sophie headliner? Power Trip??

Nowhere near big enough. With the capacity increasing I'm hoping from some biggish names headlining the Sophie tent.