Next announcement

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Soze
Denim Demon

Re: Next announcement

Postby Soze » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:20 am

Looking increasingly unlikely that I'll be attending next year, a third of the main stage announced and only 2 bands I'd go out of my way to watch. A Friday day ticket is a possibility, for Priest, Emperor and Doro but it's really not to my tastes at all at the moment.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:21 am

Still teetering on whether to go on not, this announcement keeps me teetering and doesn't really nudge me either way

Doro - I find rather overrated and average, I guess I'd still go and watch the old girl.

Fozzy - total fucking waste of a slot, why not just get Anvil back as well while they're at it?

Bloodbath - meh, seem to be getting booked for every festival right now, nothing special, would probably watch.

Septic Flesh - actually like this band a lot, easily the best band of the announcement for me.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:21 am

jwh20 wrote:Gone from 3/6 to 3/10 to 3/14

Absolute arse the last two announcements.

Including bands that I would watch at a festival but not necessarily pay for their own gig, I'm at 7/14 at the moment.

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:31 am

Apart from Fozzy (absolute meh) I'm happy.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:33 am

5 on my definitely watching list and a couple more I may check out.

Not looking too bad for me and I can always spend time in the campsite with a bag of cans if there are bands I want to avoid.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:35 am

Much like last year this line up seems to be taking a pretty steep nose dive after getting off to a good start.

Also, after 0 mainstage folk bands in 2 years we still don't have any for 2018 either but hey we have fucking Fozzy again :rolleyes:
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:43 am

bloodofthekings wrote:
jwh20 wrote:Gone from 3/6 to 3/10 to 3/14

Absolute arse the last two announcements.

Including bands that I would watch at a festival but not necessarily pay for their own gig, I'm at 7/14 at the moment.

Could watch Doro and Watain maybe, but not a fan of either.

Normally such a ratio would be sending me straight to the continent, considering how overpriced bloodstock is, thing is Judas Priest headlining, Emperor and Nightwish are really big draws for me, considering Nightwish are finally changing up their setlist allegedly. I was absolutely certain I'd be going back before they dragged out all this meh.

Graspop absolutely blows this overall lineup out of the water, but reticent to choose one over the other, considering JP wouldn't be headlining and no NW/Emperor

But Ozzy, Maiden, Megadeth, Kreator, Asphyx, Akercocke, At the Gates, Bolzer, Carnivore AD, Exodus and Marduk are all really big draws for me, plus morbidly curious about GnR and The Darkness, so unless I can suddenly afford to both I'm struggling to make a decision.

Bizza wrote:Much like last year this line up seems to be taking a pretty steep nose dive after getting off to a good start.

True. There's only a handful of death metal bands I don't really like and they've managed to book three of them. May as well book Carcass, Morbid Angel and Vallenfyre while they're at it.

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:02 pm

Looking pretty great for me so far, Devildriver and Watain are the only bands I really don't like, otherwise I'll watch all of them.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:11 pm

Doro? :love:

The rest is average with Fozzy being a total waste of a slot.

Overall it's still reasonably good. Friday is excellent so far. Saturday and Sunday is a bit of a total washout though with only Orden Ogan and Watain being of real interest.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Thrash Bandicoot
Definitely Not Nu

Postby Thrash Bandicoot » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:30 pm

Doro - not actually that familiar with her material I must confess. Will have to check out.

Fozzy - None of my business

Bloodbath - Loved their first album and EP, but not fond of the rest. Was very disappointed with them live when I saw them though. Am yet to hear the last album though, so hopefully will reignite my liking of them and encourage me to see them live.

Septic Flesh - Not familiar with them, just heard a single from the new album though and not encouraged. Will track down an album when I have more time.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:16 pm

Doro and septicflesh are both great announcement for me!
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:13 pm

Doro- Don't know her solo material but like Triumph and Power by Warlock so a bit 50/50 at the moment, some research is needed

Septic Flesh- Great booking for me, were good when they played with Kataklysm not too long ago and was half tempted to go to their January Underworld show but BOA have saved me the effort :lol:

Bloodbath- I've listened to them occasionally over the years but never found them to be anything special. An okay booking I guess. Do people think they'll take 3rd down again or will they have moved down a bit?

Fozzy- Screw it, I like them, I will enjoy them if even if I'm on my own :lol:

Friday seems to be death metal day book ended by two melodic acts, Saturday seems a bit more experimental but so far Sunday is running away with being the best day so far.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:44 am

houston4044 wrote:Fozzy- Screw it, I like them, I will enjoy them if even if I'm on my own :lol:

Friday seems to be death metal day book ended by two melodic acts, Saturday seems a bit more experimental but so far Sunday is running away with being the best day so far.

Haha, I was thinking the same. Fozzy aren't fantastic but I'd take them over shite like Nails any day of the week.

Hope Friday gets a bit more varied otherwise it's going to feel like a long wait for Judas Priest & Doro.

Tankplanker
Consort of the Beast

Postby Tankplanker » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:48 am

Fozzy I have less than zero interest in, will actively be avoiding that stage as much as possible while they are playing.

Doro isn't my cup of tea, but might see what the fuss is while she is performing.

Septic Flesh and Bloodbath are both solid choices for me, but then I really like the heavier stuff. I would have seen Septic Flesh on tour next year if they weren't playing at Bloodstock as the last album was very good. Bloodbath must have a new album due next year? Hopefully it will be a cracker, they are overdue a good one.

I wish they'd split up the bands by genre a bit more, seems a bit too themed per night at present and aimed at the day ticket crowd?

I really want Sorcerer and a decent modern Folk Metal band like Wilderun to balance it out a bit more.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:27 am

The only band I'd even watch on Saturday or Sunday so far is Orden Ogan...and I don't even like them much!