Next announcement

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Re: Next announcement

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:37 pm

Soze wrote:The only band I'd even watch on Saturday or Sunday so far is Orden Ogan...and I don't even like them much!

Sunday looking awful so far apart from the headliner. Saturday on the other hand looks good apart from the hideous headliner, looks like Combichrist may be getting the 3rd down slot....which they're definitely big enough for, but I wonder how that would go down then playing so high up at BOA.

Friday isn't looking great for me apart from Priest, already seen Emperor do Anthems at Graspop and found it throughly underwhelming, Bloodbath I'm not bothered about and Memmoriam I dunno.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:15 pm

Soze wrote:The only band I'd even watch on Saturday or Sunday so far is Orden Ogan

I'd add Nightwish to that, and Septicflesh and Fozzy are both watchable.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:35 pm

Pretty strong announcement imo. I've never seen Bloodbath so very happy to see them announced. They were long overdue to return anyways but I see how they may be underwhelming for those that just caught them at Damnation. I'd never listened to Septic Flesh before they were announced but after listening to a couple of tracks they seem very interesting and I'll take some time to explore them further. Doro is a great announcement and will bring a party atmosphere to the Sophie tent on Friday night. Not interested in Fozzy personally but I'm always grateful to have some gaps to chill out in :lol:

So far it's looking very death/black metal heavy so I expect we'll get some thrash creeping in soon.

So far I will watch everyone on Friday except possibly Memoriam who I need to listen to. Gojira and Septic Flesh on Saturday, and Devildriver, Nails and Watain on Sunday.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:27 pm

bloodfiend wrote:looks like Combichrist may be getting the 3rd down slot....which they're definitely big enough for, but I wonder how that would go down then playing so high up at BOA.

I would doubt they were that high up, if you're judging by the line up page then that's due to the formatting of the page rather than reflecting their positioning at the moment.

Can't believe I'm saying this but wheres the thrash? :lol: Hope they have some in the next announcement.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:04 pm

I think Combichrist will either be 2nd or 3rd band on on the Friday. The announcement said it was an early slot. I'm discounting opening because they usually specify it when bands are opening in the announcement.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:06 pm

Unleash the Archers just got announced for Rock Fest Barcelona. Hopefully they will be added in the next announcement. Could see them at a few spots on the bill, but how awesome would they be in the Battle Beast slot from last year?

Tankplanker
Consort of the Beast

Postby Tankplanker » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:22 am

I'd like to see Unleash the Archers, I quite enjoyed Apex.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:52 am

Haldamir319 wrote:I think Combichrist will either be 2nd or 3rd band on on the Friday. The announcement said it was an early slot. I'm discounting opening because they usually specify it when bands are opening in the announcement.

Ah yes the announcement said "early slot" didn't it. Well atm there's 2 sizeable bands below them, and the first 2 slots always go to small mickey mouse bands these days, so it looks as if they'll be 4 bands below them at least.

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:55 am

Haldamir319 wrote:Unleash the Archers just got announced for Rock Fest Barcelona. Hopefully they will be added in the next announcement. Could see them at a few spots on the bill, but how awesome would they be in the Battle Beast slot from last year?

Just saw them in Manchester and they were fantastic. I'd love to see them take a Sophie slot, Thursday night headliner would be incredible.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:48 am

Unleash the Archers on Thursday would be great!
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:07 pm

bloodfiend wrote:
Haldamir319 wrote:I think Combichrist will either be 2nd or 3rd band on on the Friday. The announcement said it was an early slot. I'm discounting opening because they usually specify it when bands are opening in the announcement.

Ah yes the announcement said "early slot" didn't it. Well atm there's 2 sizeable bands below them, and the first 2 slots always go to small mickey mouse bands these days, so it looks as if they'll be 4 bands below them at least.

I reckon they'll be in the Havok or King 810 slot

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:25 pm

I don't think the order on the site is accurate tbh. Would be surprised if Combichrist played above Septicflesh or Orden Ogen.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:05 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:I don't think the order on the site is accurate tbh. Would be surprised if Combichrist played above Septicflesh or Orden Ogen.

I wouldn't be that surprised. Septic Flesh and Orden Ogan both play pretty small venues in the UK. Not saying Combrichrist play massive venues but they seem to be bigger over here.

Thrash Bandicoot
Definitely Not Nu

Postby Thrash Bandicoot » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:31 pm

Unleash The Archers would be amazing, they were absolutely brilliant when I saw them tour with Sirenia and Tyr (well Tyr anyway, buggered off before Sirenia started). I would imagine them getting a main day slot as such, although my friends and I did discuss the idea of Tyr getting the Battle Beast slot.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:31 am

Thrash Bandicoot wrote:although my friends and I did discuss the idea of Tyr getting the Battle Beast slot.

After the upbeat party atmosphere of Battle Beast this year, Tyr would be a massive letdown